Sponsored

Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery!

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Once again……even though you ordered the vehicle, the vehicle is bought and owned by the dealership until they sell it. A dealership can sell a vehicle way under sticker if they choose to because it is theirs. If a dealership opts to be a bunch of pricks they can do that as well. Yes it sucks, but as they say,” thems the facts”.
Not true. Contract law is a real thing, just not often affordable to pursue. Here are some facts from another case in Utah:

"I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utah's department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!"

The way he explained it, Utah's Department of Commerce email to Ford caught the attention of Corporate Ford attorneys really quick. Not saying it will have the same effect, or your states department of commerce will help, but power comes in numbers.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true. Contract law is a real thing, just not often affordable to pursue. Here are some facts from another case in Utah:

"I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utah's department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!"

The way he explained it, Utah's Department of Commerce email to Ford caught the attention of Corporate Ford attorneys really quick. Not saying it will have the same effect, or your states department of commerce will help, but power comes in numbers.
Believe what you will, but EVERY vehicle is the property of the dealership. They actually buy it from the manufacturer regardless if you ordered it or not. There is no binding contract between the buyer and the dealer. If there was, then dealers would hold orderers accountable when they opt to walk away from an ordered vehicle. It isn’t your vehicle until you pay for it in some form or fashion.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Another example of why the dealership model needs to go. Get rid of the middle man!

@06viper I'm sorry this happened to you. On the flip side, it seems like you're not the right person to try and fuck over. You have the means to fight them on this through legal means. If you have all the documentation, what is there to lose?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no binding contract between the buyer and the dealer. If there was, then dealers would hold orderers accountable when they opt to walk away from an ordered vehicle. It isn’t your vehicle until you pay for it in some form or fashion.
If what you are saying is true - well it just seems to be a case of "why bother" with the down payment and signed offer @ MSRP. Which side has more legal weight - the dealer who buys the vehicle from ford, or the buyer who has a down payment & signed document stating this?

Some dealers are just shitty - I wish Ford would tell these dealers their ability to remain a ford dealer hinges on not treating customers like this.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

#1 The dealer order sheet doesn't mean shit. The copy of the DORA is what shows the actual build that Ford will produce. That said you have two options. #1 with a written agreement you can take them to court. You will likely win but your BRaptor will likely have already been sold. #2 you cancel you orders and get your money back.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You never stated if you got the other two orders, I'd imagine so since the lead time on the Braptor was allot longer than the other two. If that's the case I'd hunt down the GM, a salesman spouting doesn't speak for the dealership and your past history of dropping a couple of hundred k on vehicles should be enough to persuade them and hopefully give an apology 😲.

If not, trade all your Fords in on a new McLaren 750S and call it a day!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
...EVERY vehicle is the property of the dealership. They actually buy it from the manufacturer regardless if you ordered it or not.
Correct.

.There is no binding contract between the buyer and the dealer.
Incorrect.

What do you think a mutually signed buyers order with a dealer is? Legal, mutually executed and enforceable.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I live in Albuquerque, NM. Was approached back in early 2022 on the forums from a salesman at a dealer in Mississippi that they had a Bronco Raptor allocation and would sell it to me at MSRP no questions asked. I have many vehicles from all different brands and the salesman told me he “wanted me to be his go to guy when it comes to Fords and would never sell me a vehicle over MSRP“. So I proceeded and ordered a Velocity Blue Bronco Raptor, F150 Raptor R, and a Lariat F250 all at the same time and put deposits down on each one. Had an agreement and a signed paper stating all would be purchased at MSRP and to make things easier would drop ship it to a local dealer in Albuquerque straight from the Ford factory so I wouldn’t have to pay for shipping on it from Mississippi.

So fast forward, the salesman quit the dealer and instead the GM called and said he would be personally be dealing with me from now on. Time goes on and the Braptor got pushed to a 2023 model year. Was pretty bummed because they discontinued Velocity Blue and Ford increased the price of everything! Anyways I proceeded with switching the color to Azure Gray and the wait continued. Well finally after over a year after my initial order, the Braptor got built last month and was expecting a call saying that the truck was heading to my local dealer, but instead I get a call from some random salesman at the dealer saying the Bronco is at their dealer in Mississippi. The salesman then tells me “we are putting a $20-30k markup on it“, then he sent me pictures of it and has the wrong wheels I ordered! (Ordered beadlocks, showed up with the basic free wheels). So then I tell him I have written agreements at to buy it at MSRP, it should not have been shipped to their dealer it should have been dropped shipped to a dealer in Albuquerque, and the wheels are completely wrong! He calls me back and is very rude and says “I make the decisions for our dealer, not the GM, sorry about not getting it dropped shipped like we agreed on but it is what it is and you will have to fork over the money if you want to ship it, and on top of that you will have to sign a paper saying you can’t sell the vehicle for 6 month’s minimum and ADM on top of that! He then tells me, “I can have this vehicle sold tonight for $200k you are blessed to be even able to purchase this vehicle from us it is one of the rarest vehicles in the USA right now.”

I tried contacting the GM directly and nothing but radio silence. So long story short, unless a miracle happens overnight and they put the correct wheels I ordered on the Raptor, honor their written agreement of MSRP, and pay to have it shipped to Albuquerque, I’m telling them to pound sand and asking for all my deposits back! If you guys think I’m in the wrong on this then I’m all ears please let me know! Here is pictures of my order sheet for the Braptor and then pictures of the Braptor they sent me today. Any dealers want to help me out?…… or anyone at Ford?? If not, o well more money for supercars!

2D47E623-BD31-499A-918F-5A316788B37A.jpeg
546F4929-ED96-4505-BA0F-EB30B73D111E.jpeg
812CD25B-1598-4F62-8EB7-4539941D460B.jpeg
45190DF9-6521-410A-AED9-2E2D09EB44B0.jpeg
To be honest, you should be glad they're not selling it to you at the promised price. this thing looks butt ugly (with those bulging fenders). I'd just let them keep it on their lot for a year and maybe they'll learn not to screw people.