Sponsored

Dealer got my Raptor order spec wrong, shipped it to the wrong dealer, and now is trying to add ADM after delivery!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You got played.
It does sound like they used you to get the vehicle and were greedy now and then ("played" might be a bit strong...). Very unfortunate.

Can you walk away from all of the vehicles you ordered (as additional leverage)?

I'd definitely get an attorney involved. Its one thing to get screwed when you are too ignorant to "get it all in writting" but you did! You've got a written contract and they legally must honor it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
About 100 threads on here, where 10 or more people say get an attorney, don't know if I've ever seen someone hire an attorney and get it resolved......... The mob on the other hand has a pretty decent track record.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Understand I'm not being a jerk with this statement. It sounds like you may actually have the money to finally fight one of the dealers with a lawyer. Many of us didn't and either bit the bullet and paid through the nose, or got back in line again with hopes of a better outcome. If you have signed documentation backing your claims I would absolutely fight them on it, if nothing else but for purpose. Until someone does and makes them realize their potential profits cost them their reputation and money in lawyers fees it will continue. The "haves" will jump on the lot and buy the vehicles many of us ordered and waited for with a big ADM, and us "have nots" will get back in line again. Just my two cents.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There have been a few instances in similar situations with a signed agreement where the buyer came out on top. You are in a much better position then 90% of the "surprise ADM" stories. Especially when the States Department of Commerce got involved and mother Ford sends notification to the dealership that they will not be providing legal assistance. The initial fees alone from the dealerships owner would surpass any ADM.

I recommend you get in contact with the GM/Owner at both locations, leverage your purchase power (all the vehicles and money you bring), and see what they do. Look up the State's Commerce Department and email them. Release the mob from here to shame them with negative reviews. All of this can be accomplished before you even speak to your own personal lawyer. From there is becomes a matter of time/money/importance.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not much can be done. They are praying for you to ask for your deposits back.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel its absurd that guy talked to you that way. 3 vehicles on order from them and they try to flex some muscle that they are doing you a favor and can get $200,000 for the Bronco?

Sad what has happened to the world. I would have never thought things would ever go this direction. Being treated like you are a nuisance because you ordered a "special vehicle" and they aren't getting enough $$$ out of you isn't in any business model I have ever heard of.

Keep us in the loop on what you end up doing. I feel your pain on this one.

SWLABRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After all this waiting and fuck-ups they then try this bullshit. I would most definitely speak to your attorney on the signed documentation you have guaranteeing your msrp agreement, drop shipment and your orders. We allow this shit to go on and tell them simply to pound sand and walk away with deposit simply can not continue. This is why this shit happens everyday. Someone has to be held accountable, and until someone stands up to this bullshit I have no remorse. And screw punctuation. Stand up to these assholes bud, give your attorney a call, then call the dealer back tomorrow and tell them you have legal representation and they will be contacted shortly by your attorney. Pure corporate greed asshats!
After all this waiting and fuck-ups they then try this bullshit. I would most definitely speak to your attorney on the signed documentation you have guaranteeing your msrp agreement, drop shipment and your orders. We allow this shit to go on and tell them simply to pound sand and walk away with deposit simply can not continue. This is why this shit happens everyday. Someone has to be held accountable, and until someone stands up to this bullshit I have no remorse. And screw punctuation. Stand up to these assholes bud, give your attorney a call, then call the dealer back tomorrow and tell them you have legal representation and they will be contacted shortly by your attorney. Pure corporate greed asshats!
Amen brother!!!

Sponsored

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What a bunch of assholes. And then that jr. salesman breaks bad with you.

BS they can sell a raptor for $200k unless some meth head got lucky on a scratch off. They can get 10-20k over msrp.

Whatever the outcome, unless they apologize profusely, please post the name of the dealership.
They will reap what they sow.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My base BB poor life is so less dramatic..ā€™ hey your broncos hereā€™ā€¦.nice ill be in on tuesday..ā€™ ok see you thenā€™ā€¦ā€™ 33,400, yep got you financed where we saidā€™ ā€¦great..ā€™sign a few documents and your doneā€™ ā€¦thanks..bye brrroommmmmā€¦

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know that dealership, itā€™s a small dealer thatā€™s family owned. I believe they have a dealership in Greenwood and Vicksburg. Nobody in either of those towns is buying a vehicle for 200k I promise. If I ordered three vehicles from them Iā€™d be furious being treated that way. Iā€™d definitely walk on the orders but I also would hire an attorney. They will sell the vehicle before anything gets resolved but you can cost them some money in legal fees for sure. It would be great if your attorney could scare them into sitting on the vehicle until itā€™s resolved. Itā€™s a small dealership in a small broke town so donā€™t let them push you around.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once againā€¦ā€¦even though you ordered the vehicle, the vehicle is bought and owned by the dealership until they sell it. A dealership can sell a vehicle way under sticker if they choose to because it is theirs. If a dealership opts to be a bunch of pricks they can do that as well. Yes it sucks, but as they say,ā€ thems the factsā€.
Sponsored