Sponsored

Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it...

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The sales manager said no test drives because she thinks she's going to buy it after the demo period. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry but I had to laugh at her statement "Going to buy it after the demo period".

What the F are they demo'ing? How it looks on their lot? 🤣 Some people 😔
Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One near me did the same, I have a Chapman reservation but Koch 33 is close(ish) and they got almost my exact build BD 2.7 2-Door. Called them up, they were super nice 9A the next morning they tossed me the keys and told me to have fun. I was very transparent about having a reservation elsewhere too.

If you're near Allentown I'd highly recommend checking them out, very nice guys.
I put some photos of that Mannequin in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-door-bronco-decision-validated.19552/

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Counterpoint - Ford sent these to dealers to keep THEIR reservation holders interested / on the hook, not to entertain every tire kicker coming through the door.

They also are able to sell it after 6 months so the less miles the better. It's something shiny and new to get people in the door - something to keep their clients happy - and something to make them money at the end of the day.

You have an order through another dealership - you're literally their worst case scenario customer competition.
I agree with this. I went to a local Ford dealership, and asked if I could test drive their demo model. I was up front, and told them I have a reservation through another dealer - They were just the first to get a demo model in.

They were very nice and let me sit in it for as long as I wanted, play around with it, and even left me the keys to turn it on etc. I was actually very happy just doing that and understood where they were coming from.

I’ll wait until the dealership who has my order gets their demo model in to test drive one.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need a list of dealers that actually let people drive the things even if they have reservations elsewhere. I'm reserved at SAC and live in Alabama, can't do a 1000 mile round trip for a 15 minute test drive lol.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
Is it a mannequin or the owner's? If it's the owner's then he/she may do with it what they want. My dealer has one on the showroom that is locked and not allowing any driving nor opening of the doors as they say it's the owner's personal vehicle. ( 2 door FE)

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
Pretty crappy of them, but no need to tell a dealership that you already have a reservation, especially with another dealer. I drove a mannequin at a local dealership, but didn't mention that I had a reservation through another dealer... just said I was interested in the Bronco. If they think you might be a sale, they'll be all over letting you drive it, usually.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sooner Ford sells direct and is able to somehow eliminate dealers the better imo lol.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One near me did the same, I have a Chapman reservation but Koch 33 is close(ish) and they got almost my exact build BD 2.7 2-Door. Called them up, they were super nice 9A the next morning they tossed me the keys and told me to have fun. I was very transparent about having a reservation elsewhere too.

If you're near Allentown I'd highly recommend checking them out, very nice guys.
...and here you are doing them a solid ... whereas the dealer in the OP has turned at least some potential customers away.

I'm don't really know how to react to a lot of these dealer threads ..... the slimiest dealer near me is BUSY!!! 🙄

Willhunt4food

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Firebird; 1981 CJ7; 1990 K5; 2007 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same with the dealerships here in South Georgia not letting them be driven. They are just using the 6 months to fish for someone to over pay for it. They have a Wildtrak with soft top and want $20k over sticker. So $78k.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

Sounds reasonable to me. If it's owned personally by the owner (whether obtained through an early res or priority, yeah priority system sucks) he's being reasonable, if not generous, by only letting his customers drive it. I'm not sure I would let even my customers drive my personal Bronco.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need a list of dealers that actually let people drive the things even if they have reservations elsewhere. I'm reserved at SAC and live in Alabama, can't do a 1000 mile round trip for a 15 minute test drive lol.
My dealer is letting anyone who is interested (reservation or no reservation) schedule a 24hr test drive...I'm scheduled for this Thursday, Squatched OBX. Not even close to my build but looking forward to it.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can rent the mannequin for 1-2 days for a rental fee

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same with the dealerships here in South Georgia not letting them be driven. They are just using the 6 months to fish for someone to over pay for it. They have a Wildtrak with soft top and want $20k over sticker. So $78k.
There's a dealer in Savannah letting people take their demo unit for 3 days if you wanna make a road trip!

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly! I’m in North Georgia and went through SAC
Sponsored