Sponsored

Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it...

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My local dealer just had their 4 door badlands demo delivered today. I stopped to talk about it 0 test drives they’re preselling it for MSRP +$10000.
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
what about the dealer you ordered your bronco through? will they let you test drive theirs? also if a dealer is not going to make a sale to you why is it worth their effort to have you drive around one of their salesmen and burn their gas when you are not purchasing through them. the salesmen work on commission, so they don't want to miss their next walk in customer because they are on the road with someone who bought from another dealership...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The sooner Ford sells direct and is able to somehow eliminate dealers the better imo lol.
so true until you need to get warranty work done. then if there is no dealer there is no factory trained technician and nobody to fix your car... you are paying for more than just a cashier when you choose a dealer..

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much are you guys paying to take it for a couple days?
My dealer said they were doing the same. And then got back to me that it was actually $99/night to 'rent' it, with a 4 night minimum. Totally insane. And they won't let their reservation holders drive it at all. Honestly, it makes me want to move my order to a different dealership and be like well, tough shit, you shouldn't have tried to charge me $400+tax for a "test drive". If they were putting it toward my order, sure? But they're not.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The sooner Ford sells direct and is able to somehow eliminate dealers the better imo lol.
☝ This

Ford: “We’re sending dealers demo units so customers can experience the Bronco in person.”

Dealers: “Customers? Screw the customers.”

Meanwhile the faithful are told to hold their hand on their ass.

Sponsored

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, I feel so lucky to have a salesman who loves the bronco as much as I do and a dealership that isn't stingy with their demo. They let me take it while I dropped off my car for an oil change and then let me take it again so my son could have a ride. However, @Alpha1_Silverback are you seeing these guys who get to take theirs for multiple DAYS? What's up homie?!

Ford Bronco Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it... 20210625_140115

Ford Bronco Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it... 20210709_145355

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so true until you need to get warranty work done. then if there is no dealer there is no factory trained technician and nobody to fix your car... you are paying for more than just a cashier when you choose a dealer..
No Ford can still have warranty/repair centers like now. Salesmen aren't part of that process thank goodness lol.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what the bulk order groups are missing out on. If you are buying from some dealer thousands of miles a way you better hope you never have any major issues. You will get treated like a second class citizen at your local Ford dealer if you did not buy your vehicle from them.

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ford dealership has no mannequins but the GM was lucky enough to get a bronco already…🙄
Ford Bronco Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it... C250F8C9-DA29-438A-8F2D-9288B69FBBCA

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
My understanding is that those who reserve at the specific dealership will be the ones test driving the mannequins - which I have zero issue with. Two of my local dealerships have mannequins (one OBX with the 2/3, non squatch, mid and one Big Bend with the squatch, 2.7 and mid) . . . I have a 4dr Wildtrak with Lux and Leather reserved (Day one) and am patiently waiting. My dealer tells me that once they have their mannequin I will get a call and they'll schedule a couple hours for me . . . I can understand them not wanting a bunch of lookers/non-buyers test driving it . . . if you have a reservation I am sure your dealer will accommodate when they have a unit.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what the bulk order groups are missing out on. If you are buying from some dealer thousands of miles a way you better hope you never have any major issues. You will get treated like a second class citizen at your local Ford dealer if you did not buy your vehicle from them.
I have never found this to be the case…

Sales and Service are run as separate entities… service doesn’t care where you bought your vehicle from, sales doesn’t care where you’re going to service it.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what about the dealer you ordered your bronco through? will they let you test drive theirs? also if a dealer is not going to make a sale to you why is it worth their effort to have you drive around one of their salesmen and burn their gas when you are not purchasing through them. the salesmen work on commission, so they don't want to miss their next walk in customer because they are on the road with someone who bought from another dealership...
My dealer is a small dealer located in a low income area. Whereas this dealer is located in the city and has annoying commercials

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I stopped by a dealer the other day to look at their display bronco. I spoke to the sales manager for about an hour. She knew I had ordered mine elsewhere but was more than polite and helpful. We both shared a love of the new bronco. The display was not allowed to be driven but another display was coming in this week which would be and she encouraged coming in to test drive it. She also told us about what modifications they were goi g to make on the showroom display.
I mention this because not all dealerships are asses and I will choose this dealership for all my warranty work.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Duh..
Call from another number and tell them you want to order one but want to test drive first. Have your wife call and arrange it. Then just don’t order 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with this. I went to a local Ford dealership, and asked if I could test drive their demo model. I was up front, and told them I have a reservation through another dealer - They were just the first to get a demo model in.

They were very nice and let me sit in it for as long as I wanted, play around with it, and even left me the keys to turn it on etc. I was actually very happy just doing that and understood where they were coming from.

I’ll wait until the dealership who has my order gets their demo model in to test drive one.
my dealer got one in Saturday. Made my appt. to test drive tomorrow!
Sponsored