Sponsored

Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it...

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have never found this to be the case…

Sales and Service are run as separate entities… service doesn’t care where you bought your vehicle from, sales doesn’t care where you’re going to service it.
When you blow gaskets in a 1 year old super duty with 65k miles, your local Ford dealer will work with you on price if you bought from them. Want a loaner? Those are at the expense of the dealer. Don’t expect one if you didn’t buy from them. We buy all of our vehicles from the dealer and have done so for years. There is value in having a good relationship with your local Ford dealer.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ford dealer near me has a demo bronco and they are having as many people test drive it as a can. I think they are trying to get the 6,000 mi on it fast so they can sell it soon.

I took it for a test drive and it was great.
It was a red four-door wild track.
Driving it you would never guess it had 35-in tires it felt like any other normal SUV.

Even being a four-door it didn't feel like it was too big of a vehicle when I was driving it around some narrow parking lots.
The interior space is larger than a Nissan rogue.
In every way it would be a solid daily driver. And it clearly has all the off-road capability that I would ever need with the lockers and big tires.
I was surprised how much space there was in the cargo area in the back.
It has just a little bit of turbo lag but after that it has more power than any of the vehicles I have.
After seeing it and driving it I really have nothing to complain about. Except that the waiting list is so long.

Oddly the dealer acted like they didn't want to sell me a vehicle. I think it's because they have almost no vehicles to sell. They kept saying come back after December.

I also asked about the Maverick pickup and they said come back after December on that too. I asked if there was pre-orders or a waiting list on the Maverick and they said no. Which I don't think is true I think you can do pre-orders. I've never been so ready to buy a vehicle and have so little interest in a dealership selling me anything. I think the Maverick would be a great replacement for my wife's Nissan. But they did not want to even talk about selling one. Such strange times.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
Fuck that dealer

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so true until you need to get warranty work done. then if there is no dealer there is no factory trained technician and nobody to fix your car... you are paying for more than just a cashier when you choose a dealer..
yes, because we need a dealership for that...oh wait we don't and would probably be better off with shops run directly by Ford.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
My dealer wants to do the same thing to so that people who put in there order/reservation with them get a chance to test drive them first other wise ever one would just rush in and want to drive it. dont cry about it .

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We need a list of dealers that actually let people drive the things even if they have reservations elsewhere. I'm reserved at SAC and live in Alabama, can't do a 1000 mile round trip for a 15 minute test drive lol.
Which is why I ordered mine at my local dealership 13 miles away.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which is why I ordered mine at my local dealership 13 miles away.
that's cool and all but I'm saving over $3k off MSRP shopping out of state which allowed me to bump up a trim level and remain on budget. A test drive isn't worth that.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bob Thomas Ford west. They’re holding it for the specific time 0 test drives won’t let any miles be put on it. When it comes out of the program MSRP + accessory package Ford requires + $10000.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base

That’s crazy. I test drove a Wildtrack on Saturday for two hours. On the way out of dealer lot the salesman told me to take it off road and get it muddy. I thought about it but chickened out😁

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford dealer near me has a demo bronco and they are having as many people test drive it as a can. I think they are trying to get the 6,000 mi on it fast so they can sell it soon.
There are no mileage limitations on TCTP vehicles. Dealers have to keep them for 7 months before they can sell them.

Ford FCTP.jpeg

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
They want to keep the miles off it so they can resell it. They probably have a deposit on it already.
I drove a Saquatch BB 2.3 mannequin yesterday. I asked the sales manager if they would sell it to someone that would take delivery after the six month lockup. He said he wouldn't do that because "if I sell it, that means I couldn't let people drive it".

Some dealers are good, others, not so much.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I drove a Saquatch BB 2.3 mannequin yesterday. I asked the sales manager if they would sell it to someone that would take delivery after the six month lockup. He said he wouldn't do that because "if I sell it, that means I couldn't let people drive it".

Some dealers are good, others, not so much.
Yep, the actual dealer I reserved let me take theirs they’re 40 mins away from me. The one refusing test drives is 5 mins down the road I knew how they were before I ordered I asked about ADM they never said we won’t do that. So I took my FE else where.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob Thomas Ford west. They’re holding it for the specific time 0 test drives won’t let any miles be put on it. When it comes out of the program MSRP + accessory package Ford requires + $10000.
Fffffffffffffff wow.
Sponsored