Not open for further replies.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
The way Granger has explained it, the allocation % numbers are for dealers AFTER reservations are fulfilled. For 2021, allocations is equivalent to reservations. So I don't thing there is any need to worry. Reservations will be filled first and in order of date/time stamp.
That's the way Granger explained it, but Kris87 says the opposite and that allocations are for the reservations in the other thread. I'm not sure who Kris87 is but he seems like a dealer.

Advertisement

Nickp

Black Diamond
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Dude, it was a joke, cut the guy a break. I've been the marketing guy in Mike's shoes and had to come out and say we're launching a product on X date knowing full well production or development teams are more than likely not meeting their deadlines. It's not an enviable position.
Agreed. What would you guys prefer someone who says too much or says too little? I know which I’d prefer...

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
That's the way Granger explained it, but Kris87 says the opposite and that allocations are for the reservations in the other thread. I'm not sure who Kris87 is but he seems like a dealer.
8th largest Ford dealer in the US. I just want everyone to understand that orders are not going to be filled 100% by reservation date. There is a formula given to dealers today explaining how 2021 Broncos are going to be allocated.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
Based on the new info, there absolutely could be delays if you switch to a dealer that gets less allocations...since it’s no longer going strictly on reservation order, but dealers are given a certain amount of Broncos for reservations based on a formula.
Your delay would be because of the dealer, not because of the 'switch' to them. This could happen even if you stayed with the same dealer technically....

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Clubs

Ahhhhh. I’m so excited.

also, whoa. You Lr granger building looks awesome.

Major_Bullsteak

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Clubs

The way Granger has explained it, the allocation % numbers are for dealers AFTER reservations are fulfilled. For 2021, allocations is equivalent to reservations. So I don't thing there is any need to worry. Reservations will be filled first and in order of date/time stamp.
Go check out the other thread on this subject if you want a good Friday night headache. It's a hot mess over there with very contradicting statements between dealers.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
8th largest Ford dealer in the US. I just want everyone to understand that orders are not going to be filled 100% by reservation date. There is a formula given to dealers today explaining how 2021 Broncos are going to be allocated.
Sure but what we are all trying to understand is what allocations are referring to. You say allocations ARE reservations, Granger says allocations are dealer stock after reservations are filled.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Clubs

Sure but what we are all trying to understand is what allocations are referring to. You say allocations ARE reservations, Granger says allocations are dealer stock after reservations are filled.
Sounds like this is a different use of the word.

More like how they allocate the reservations vs dealer stock allocation.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
I think it would do everyone some good if they just replaced "allocations" with "number of 2021 Broncos a dealer will receive...total"

I promise allocation in this sense is not dealer stock after reservations/orders are filled. Don't know who said that, doesn't matter, but it's not the case.

I spelled it out exactly how Ford told us today on the number of Broncos each dealer will "earn".

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I think it would do everyone some good if they just replaced "allocations" with "number of 2021 Broncos a dealer will receive...total"

I promise allocation in this sense is not dealer stock after reservations/orders are filled. Don't know who said that, doesn't matter, but it's not the case.

I spelled it out exactly how Ford told us today on the number of Broncos each dealer will "earn".
Granger confirmed it in the other thread.

So this big questions are what dealer are from and are you going to offer us the same deal as Granger/Stephen's? You would get some group buys from out of state.

Mac n Nevada

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Clubs

I hope the "severe discipline " that dealers receive if not giving orders to the reservation holders is not incurred if the Reservation holder is the one to back out of the deal.

A dumb question....what is Ford Pass you speak of? I'll get it, just don't know what it is

Reactions: RG7

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Clubs

I hope the "severe discipline " that dealers receive if not giving orders to the reservation holders is not incurred if the Reservation holder is the one to back out of the deal.

A dumb question....what is Ford Pass you speak of? I'll get it, just don't know what it is
Must be their app. Probably can input a bunch of info on it to make things go quicker.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement