Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry if I said something offensive. I simply said we wish things would have been done normally and there wouldn't be all this confusion, for both consumers and dealers. If that had happened, you still would have had free choice to do business with whomever wou chose that A) had the inventory and B) gave you the best deal. This is how a free market should operate. With the OEM's interjecting, it muddied everything because they didn't have a concrete plan from day one. I've not tried to convince anyone here to do business with my dealership. I haven't even stated the name. I just know there was a lot of misinformation and I've tried helping to clear some of it up. My apologies.
Just to be clear, are you suggesting there shouldnā€™t have been reservations/orders direct from consumers at all and instead should have just been allocations to dealerships?

Think folks may be talking past each other here...
Sponsored

Reactions: N3T

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe I'm just an idiot (which is quite possible) but..
A) There is NO Bronco inventory, not til AFTER reservations are filled. Unless Ford is lying to us about that. And......
B) The big dealerships I talk to are saying MSRP. The smaller dealerships are trying to EARN my business?

But hey once again... Maybe I'm just an idiot...
I said there would be inventory if things were just left as normal. Not the way this whole thing was rolled out.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just to be clear, are you suggesting there shouldnā€™t have been reservations/orders direct from consumers at all and instead should have just been allocations to dealerships?

Think folks may be talking past each other here...
I think it would have been much simpler, yes.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK I better log off now... Cuz @wvmtneer got me all worried that my days are numbered on these forums. ?

Hey @JAGSarge , I didn't do it!

Ford Bronco Dealer info from 9/25 Meeting giphy(1)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked this question in the other thread and I guess i will ask it here too. How will this affect options that are classified as "late availability"? If I have a very early reservation and I place my order on the 1st day WBDO opens, but, my order is a velocity blue mansquatch, will my order be part of my dealers allocation even if subsequent orders are fulfilled first? Or do I risk my order being scrapped if allocation runs out before my unit can be produced?

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I said there would be inventory if things were just left as normal. Not the way this whole thing was rolled out.
Oh I got it now... See there I am being an idiot.
So if I translate, what you meant was IF Ford decided not to do Reservations 1st, then there would be inventory. And you'd still be 8th right?

Man I'd like to know who 1 thru 7 are so I can get my Bronco quicker.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK I'm done. Later ?ā€ā™‚

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry if I said something offensive. I simply said we wish things would have been done normally and there wouldn't be all this confusion, for both consumers and dealers. If that had happened, you still would have had free choice to do business with whomever wou chose that A) had the inventory and B) gave you the best deal. This is how a free market should operate. With the OEM's interjecting, it muddied everything because they didn't have a concrete plan from day one. I've not tried to convince anyone here to do business with my dealership. I haven't even stated the name. I just know there was a lot of misinformation and I've tried helping to clear some of it up. My apologies.

I guess this is everyone's primary concern, regardless of where they ordered from: if we reserved on July 13/14, do we stand a reasonably good chance of getting the car sometime May-September next year? I think people are scared of getting pushed to next Fall/Winter or even 2022 because Ford/the dealers are being a little unclear on how this all works. I recognize that this forum is fairly chicken little-ly at times, but reassurances that this car will, actually, eventually be delivered seem pretty far and in between.

I would also point out that technically none of these dealers have lost customers yet, because our only payment so far has been the $100 deposit to Ford. Free movement of reservations would have been the equivalent of having a free market/multiple dealers to shop at, because you go out and find a dealer with a good deal instead of just being locked into the nearest one to you. What a deal for dealers if people had to stay with the original dealership: no cost to make the sale, slap on some adm, then hold the 100 or so Bronco reservation holders for ransom until they agree to pay.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked this question in the other thread and I guess i will ask it here too. How will this affect options that are classified as "late availability"? If I have a very early reservation and I place my order on the 1st day WBDO opens, but, my order is a velocity blue mansquatch, will my order be part of my dealers allocation even if subsequent orders are fulfilled first? Or do I risk my order being scrapped if allocation runs out before my unit can be produced?
I thought VB was gonna be available at the same time as other colors. But your VB mansquatch will probably be ready...

Ford Bronco Dealer info from 9/25 Meeting 1601083874935

:LOL:

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The $100 collected upon reservation is deposited to the dealer you choose (not Ford).
See, confusion! Lol, thanks for the clarification. Regardless, hard to feel bad for large volume dealers for getting huffy because of a lost $100 deposit. Still basically free money for them.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would have been much simpler, yes.
I think itā€™s hard to disagree with that given that itā€™s the way business is typically done. It would have been simpler and consumers willing to pay for the first allocations could do so. This makes a lot more sense (at least to me) now. Nothing offensive at all.

That said, I would argue that it would be even more simple and potentially advantageous for consumers and for Ford to have direct transactions without dealers at all...if this were legal in most states. Maybe I could plug my financial info in after completing the B&P and then watch my allocation convert to an order as it moves to production and shipping. In this day and age I honestly struggle to understand why dealers exist at all, outside of NADAā€™s lobbying and protectionism. I donā€™t mean to be angry emotional, here (Iā€™m not) but thereā€™s really no one the average person trusts less than a car salesperson because of the very nature of the job. I donā€™t see what value they add in the market, and donā€™t think society as a whole does either. One could argue that having retailers helps educate consumers about the best products for them, can provide a better customer experience (I donā€™t want to buy my cereal direct from Nabisco), and prevents manufacturers from having too much power. Iā€™d argue in this case that none of these really proves itself out in the real world in this case given the dread that most feel upon entering a car dealership.

Iā€™m honestly interested in your perspective here if youā€™d like to share. I couldnā€™t help myself, itā€™s not often I get the chance to have a conversation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.