steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks to me the rotating assembly is a long way from the oil.....
Ford 2.7 Ecoboost Oil Pan Replacement (Complete Guide) - Bing video
I watched the vid from your other post. It was a good look at the bottom of the block support structure the pan bolts to.
I didn't get the impression from the vid the crankshaft was a long way away. I'm an engineer at heart and would prefer measurements.

That said, I think majority of owners aren't hitting the very hard trails, they consider forest roads off roading, and Fords statement that 6 or 7 qts doesn't matter is probably one of the most true statements from them.

I'm with Ford, I don't think it matters. I can't recall the last time I checked the oil level on one of my cars, let alone changed my own oil. With modern oil and modern machining it's just not as important as it was back in the 60's. Modern cars will have you dropping thousands on failing control units long before an engine failure due to oil age or level.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

However realistically, the moment that engine starts running, that oil isn't going to just be lying there but being sloshed around. So just because the crank doesn't drop into the oil pan based on a ruler, it's getting splashed with oil.

One would think the very little difference in levels (now that we know) between 6 quarts and 7 quarts would not make very much of a difference in any aspects .. starting to wonder even at extreme angles.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
However realistically, the moment that engine starts running, that oil isn't going to just be lying there but being sloshed around. So just because the crank doesn't drop into the oil pan based on a ruler, it's getting splashed with oil.

One would think the very little difference in levels (now that we know) between 6 quarts and 7 quarts would not make very much of a difference in any aspects .. starting to wonder even at extreme angles.
I personally would just like to have an accurate baseline. For many of the folks who don't check oil regularly, there is going to be a big difference (if they get down to, say, 5 for whatever reason) between being 1 quarts or 2 quarts low. We will know soon what the actual capacity difference between the "7 quart" Bronco pan and the 6 quart 2.7 F150 pan...I should get the new one in a few days and I will measure and post pics.
Sponsored