First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta be honest, my eyes crossed half way through that post but, in my opinion, the engineers designed the Bronco 2.7 for 7 quarts. Ford got the dipstick wrong. The right thing for Ford to do is send owners the correct dipstick free of charge. That would cost them money. The easy thing for Fird to do is change the manual to 6. Dipstick now measures correctly and everything goes away.
I believe there were intentions of having a 7 quart pan, as per the engineer interview in which that was said, but I think it never came to fruition. What would be awesome is if a Ford parts person could get a 2.7 Bronco pan, and a 2.7 F150 pan, and pour 6 quarts of liquid into both and tell us the result. If the Bronco pan is about an inch or so lower than the F150 pan from the top of the liquid to the top edge of the pan, then I'd warm up to the 7 quart theory. I imagine it doesn't, and I also suspect that Ford would rather risk the shame of admitting they screwed up a stick that they would secretly reducing than having owners run their engines a quart low...especially engines that will experience severe off road angles.

As of now, the materials (the owners manual/service manual/parts catalog for the sole 6 quart stick) still suck...check it out below (these are upnrigit now in the Ford website)
Screenshot_20220806-121357_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220806-121257_Chrome.jpg
. Depending on if you choose HTML, or PDF, or both, your oil level depends on build date (apparently)...clearly this is a work in progress!
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, clear as mud, right? 😜

Maybe one of the service techs here can answer whether (1) a crate engine or long block is typically delivered to a dealership already filled with oil, or (2) the dry fill is typically performed at the dealership?
I know it's not done at the dealer as my Badlands showed up with 22 miles and a sticker that said it went through extra QA at MAP. It was shipped at least a week after everyone else in my build week.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe there were intentions of having a 7 quart pan, as per the engineer interview in which that was said, but I think it never came to fruition. What would be awesome is if a Ford parts person could get a 2.7 Bronco pan, and a 2.7 F150 pan, and pour 6 quarts of liquid into both and tell us the result. If the Bronco pan is about an inch or so lower than the F150 pan from the top of the liquid to the top edge of the pan, then I'd warm up to the 7 quart theory. I imagine it doesn't, and I also suspect that Ford would rather risk the shame of admitting they screwed up a stick that they would secretly reducing than having owners run their engines a quart low...especially engines that will experience severe off road angles.

As of now, the materials (the owners manual/service manual/parts catalog for the sole 6 quart stick) still suck...check it out below (these are upnrigit now in the Ford website)
Ford Bronco Dealer insists it’s 6 quarts for oil change on my 2.7L Screenshot_20220806-121257_Chrome
Ford Bronco Dealer insists it’s 6 quarts for oil change on my 2.7L Screenshot_20220806-121257_Chrome
. Depending on if you choose HTML, or PDF, or both, your oil level depends on build date (apparently)...clearly this is a work in progress!
I want to commend you for singlehandedly taking this thread to 100 pages. If we get there maybe Ford will pay attention 😂

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's not done at the dealer as my Badlands showed up with 22 miles and a sticker that said it went through extra QA at MAP. It was shipped at least a week after everyone else in my build week.
Yeah, I know new vehicles delivered on transport carriers arrive full of fluids, because they are driven to the shipping yard and then on/off trains or auto carriers during the long transportation process.

What I am referring to are replacement engines (e.g., complete engines/long blocks) installed by dealers after an engine failure. I assume those arrive at the dealership in a crate and are probably similar to what MAP receives from Lima.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. looks like it got kissed a little too at the bottom? And trailing arm skids?
Loads of kisses from the Rubicon trail...I don't have trailing arm skids but I have lower shock mount skids from JCR that cover the reservoirs. I also have skids on the LCAs and the transmission (Badlands didn't come with tranny skid and only ASFIR Ford with no mods) and ASFIR t-case skid reinforcement and crossmember skids. All of them got a workout (except the crossmember skids because I realized I needed them after that trip).

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to commend you for singlehandedly taking this thread to 100 pages. If we get there maybe Ford will pay attention 😂
That was the initial hope...I never meant to be so long-winded but sheesh something as simple as an oil level? Man...

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Loads of kisses from the Rubicon trail...I don't have trailing arm skids but I have lower shock mount skids from JCR that cover the reservoirs. I also have skids on the LCAs and the transmission (Badlands didn't come with tranny skid and only ASFIR Ford with no mods) and ASFIR t-case skid reinforcement and crossmember skids. All of them got a workout (except the crossmember skids because I realized I needed them after that trip).
Yeah, meant the shock mount skids. The crossmembers could have been tucked inside the frame better imo.

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have anyone asked places like jiffy lube or any other oil changing place what there data base says?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, meant the shock mount skids. The crossmembers could have been tucked inside the frame better imo.
I like the JCR skids but to use it means not using all the OEM Badlands skids and it also means covering the cats completely...I think that would not only cost a lot but also mean increased exhaust/turbo temps. Probably one of my better investments was the axle back muffler setup I got...no drone, not noisy, and 14HP 30+ foot pounds of torque. I just wanted to increase longevity by reducing exhaust temps.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed the full JCR skid plate system (all 6 kits). I waffled at first, due to the cost, but one of the key features that pushed me off the ledge was in the notes for the transmission skid….

CDF59388-3D3A-43B4-9216-E6F6433C888C.jpeg
I installed the full JCR skid plate system (all 6 kits). I waffled at first, due to the cost, but one of the key features that pushed me off the ledge was in the notes for the transmission skid….

CDF59388-3D3A-43B4-9216-E6F6433C888C.jpeg
Am I missing something? What does this have to do with oil changes???