Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FSE just got back and said 6 qt. A SSM is supposed to be coming out soon.
LMAO. You should find your correspondence where the engineer confirmed 7qts and reply “what happened?”

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are no such instructions. 7 quarts ends up at halfway up the twist on the wrong stick because it is the wrong stick. Ford has not yet acknowledged this...but based on most of us who have or who have had the wrong stick and who have measured our oil/changed our oil, the consensus is that halfway up the twist is where we end up. If you have a Raptor, this weekend mt apply because you have a different engine...and hopefully Ford got that stick right.
So you find that something you read on the internet is more accurate than something Ford published?

I don't have that kind of confidence in any dealer to not verify the oil level. Trust but verify. I just had my F150 oil changed at a large Ford dealer and they overfilled it by a quart. They even noted it on the work order 7 quarts when it should have been 6.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you find that something you read on the internet is more accurate than something Ford published?

I don't have that kind of confidence in any dealer to not verify the oil level. Trust but verify. I just had my F150 oil changed at a large Ford dealer and they overfilled it by a quart. They even noted it on the work order 7 quarts when it should have been 6.
Ford published that my 2021 Bronco 2.7 takes 7 quarts (in my owner's manual)...but the stick they provided with that same Bronco measured those 7 quarts halfway up the twist...that is what started me down this rabbit hole.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok if this is correct... why does Ford put in 7.5 qt. at the factory... so in my thinking putting 7 qt. ain't going to hurt.... looks like Ford wants to save money on a recall on dip sticks and saving on oil if they only put in 6qt at the factory.... just a thought....

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So does this mean that all of us with 2021s and early 2022s were overfilled by a quart at the factory? I drained 7 quarts out...so did many others.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok if this is correct... why does Ford put in 7.5 qt. at the factory... so in my thinking putting 7 qt. ain't going to hurt.... looks like Ford wants to save money on a recall on dip sticks and saving on oil if they only put in 6qt at the factory.... just a thought....
Damn good question. 7.5 dry makes sense if service is 7 since some will be trapped in passages and other places it won't easily or quickly drain from. 7.5 to 6 does not make sense to me unless they have a build date break because an oil pan was changed mid stream.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford published that my 2021 Bronco 2.7 takes 7 quarts (in my owner's manual)...but the stick they provided with that same Bronco measured those 7 quarts halfway up the twist...that is what started me down this rabbit hole.
Yep. And now they say 6, which might fix the problem. You should get a notice in say.... haha who am I kidding.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does this mean that all of us with 2021s and early 2022s were overfilled by a quart at the factory? I drained 7 quarts out...so did many others.
No idea what it's going to say. The new stick number in the catalogue (FT4Z-6750-C) only shows 1 in the depot, the MB3Z-6750-F is now indexing to the 3.0 Raptor engine. No idea if they are going to say the stick is wrong, info in one of the publications is incorrect or what but my guy did say 6. Don't know who he spoke with as they keep their internal contacts pretty hush.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's what I asked but Fords response didn't give much in the way of details. We'll have to wait for the SSM. Anyone know what an SSM is?

What is Ford SSM?

SSM: Special Service Messages, generally an acknowledgement that an issue exists and Ford Technical is looking into a possible fix.Feb 16, 2014

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No idea what it's going to say. The new stick number in the catalogue (FT4Z-6750-C) only shows 1 in the depot, the MB3Z-6750-F is now indexing to the 3.0 Raptor engine. No idea if they are going to say the stick is wrong, info in one of the publications is incorrect or what but my guy did say 6. Don't know who he spoke with as they keep their internal contacts pretty hush.
F stick is now for Raptor? It just keeps getting better and better.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I asked but Fords response didn't give much in the way of details. We'll have to wait for the SSM. Anyone know what an SSM is?

What is Ford SSM?

SSM: Special Service Messages, generally an acknowledgement that an issue exists and Ford Technical is looking into a possible fix.Feb 16, 2014
Special Service Message. Not a recall, not a TSB, you won't see it published anywhere unless me or another dealer posts it here and you won't get a letter in the mail. It's mainly service information for technicians or a precursor to a TSB/notification Ford is aware of an issue and working on a fix.
Sponsored