First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Special Service Message. Not a recall, not a TSB, you won't see it published anywhere unless me or another dealer posts it here and you won't get a letter in the mail. It's mainly service information for technicians or a precursor to a TSB/notification Ford is aware of an issue and working on a fix.
I would hope it it makes it to TSB. Should be an owners manual recall imo. Kind of important.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

most have said level will be "in the twist" with the old stick at 7q,engineering is not making my job any easier(as always)need to confirm on an actual vehicle.
What they said between the lines is, first you submitted the request through wrong channels and second, oil capacity may vary based on VIN

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I'm gonna make my own stick out of an old coat hangar. Next oil change, I'm putting in 6 qts of synthetic and a half quart of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Yr Old.

If nothing else, we can use this to flush out the Jeep guys at the next Bronco Owners Club meeting. "Hey ask that guy that showed up in an Uber how many quarts he uses and where it shows on the dipstick..."

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think I'm gonna make my own stick out of an old coat hangar. Next oil change, I'm putting in 6 qts of synthetic and a half quart of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Yr Old.

If nothing else, we can use this to flush out the Jeep guys at the next Bronco Owners Club meeting. "Hey ask that guy that showed up in an Uber how many quarts he uses and where it shows on the dipstick..."
In the '90s a buddy of mine was a bartender. They had a case of the stuff and some bottles of Pappy no one wanted so we guzzled it. Times have changed.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about all the people with blown engines less than 10k miles. I'm not saying it is related but it has always been in the back of my mind. Could extra pressure/aeration cause the RUDs that might not have have happened if there was the correct oil level? Who knows. Maybe Ford re-designed the valves when the real problem was the oil level all along. Probably never know the answers to any of this.
We are twins...I was thinking the pickup design may be fine but that aerated oil doesn't work well when it comes to achieving/maintaining lubrication (especially by the time it reaches or doesn't reach the valve train). When I first realized the oil was waaaay up the stick I tried to get part numbers for pans and dipsticks and tried to figure out how far the max line was on a F150 2.7 as a reference point for where my max line was on my stick...and lo and behold the Bronco marking were nowhere near the F150 marks. Yes I know that engines can vary by platform, but the rotating mechanisms should all have a minimum distance from the surface of the oil.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We are twins...I was thinking the pickup design may be fine but that aerated oil doesn't work well when it comes to achieving/maintaining lubrication (especially by the time it reaches or doesn't reach the valve train). When I first realized the oil was waaaay up the stick I tried to get part numbers for pans and dipsticks and tried to figure out how far the max line was on a F150 2.7 as a reference point for where my max line was on my stick...and lo and behold the Bronco marking were nowhere near the F150 marks. Yes I know that engines can vary by platform, but the rotating mechanisms should all have a minimum distance from the surface of the oil.
The problem with aeration is the pump doesn’t work so good with the air in it. Ever get air in your water pump when changing coolant? Engine sounds like a box of rocks.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with aeration is the pump doesn’t work so good with the air in it. Ever get air in your water pump when changing coolant? Engine sounds like a box of rocks.
Yup...valves would hate that...

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What they said between the lines is, first you submitted the request through wrong channels and second, oil capacity may vary based on VIN
Time for everyone to start posting pictures and measurements of their oil pans with build dates

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posed this in the 2.7 blown engine thread today but ford’s official statement seems to be that the valve keepers are the issue.

“ In a June 7, 2022 meeting with Ford ODI learned this alleged loss of motor power is a result of catastrophic engine failures due to the engine valves failing. Ford identified the root cause as the valve "keepers" not holding the retainer in place allowing the valve spring to detach from the valve resulting in interference between the valve and piston. This interference can cause an engine lockup.”

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posed this in the 2.7 blown engine thread today but ford’s official statement seems to be that the valve keepers are the issue.
Call me skeptical. They just figured out the oil level.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hold on for now, if it ends up not being right we'll take it back. At the time, the catalogue was showing the -F stick correct, now it's not. If you want to run 7, the -F is fine, if they come back and say, "awwww, f, all broncos should have 6 qt.", I'm going to be completely shocked.

ETA: I had these listed as "not for sale" and I don't know who changed it but they shouldn't have been sold.
Is the new dipstick avaible to order from you guys yet phil

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the new dipstick avaible to order from you guys yet phil
If 6 is the correct number of quarts, are we sure the stick that came with MY21 Broncos needs to be replaced???

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hope it it makes it to TSB. Should be an owners manual recall imo. Kind of important.
Since everything is digital, they would just make the change and likely not say anything.
Sponsored