cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what is the part number to the correct stick we need now
If you want to run 6qt use the same one that came with your bronco.... if you want 7qt....order MB3Z6750F this is the Raptor stick that runs 7.5 with filter change

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do that and you're going to go to hell. Right past Purgatory - straight to hell.
😆😆 I feel like the devil is the one writing the manuals and/or designing the oil pan/stick configuration!

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As I mentioned, I have the revised dipstick. Even 7 quarts doesn't hit the "full" hash mark or get close to the maximum dot. If I ran 6 it would probably barely show on the stick.

Plus Ford's SSM says using the old capacity won't cause any damage. Until the factory starts filling them with 6.5 quarts I'm going to assume Ford is too lazy to swap out 40k dipsticks and just told people to use less oil to make the existing dipsticks correct. A free fix versus a big warranty bill.

They caused this issue by touting revised oil pan for off roading with 7 quart capacity. If it started out as the same 6qt capacity as the F150 engine no one would have batted an eye.
Ford briefly specified a 7 qt stick but then erased that whole episode and went back to specifying a different 6 qt stick, which leads me to believe they figured out 6 quarts is correct and they are just working their way through it. I wonder if they ordered a ton of the 7 quart sticks and plan on using them or something of that nature. It just doesn’t make sense to overfill at the factory and then tell the user to fill it correctly next time. I have a 2.7l that falls into the potential RUD dates. The thought of the RUD causes enough anxiety and throw in the fact we have no idea how much oil to put in the engine just really puts the icing on the cake. I think I will go 6 quarts since that is what Ford currently specifies and it is compatible with the factory supplied dip stick. With a 6 qt specification and factory stick everything lines up like it should.

JUSTLOOKATIT!

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Website
krazyhousecustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
Many to look at.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford briefly specified a 7 qt stick but then erased that whole episode and went back to specifying a different 6 qt stick, which leads me to believe they figured out 6 quarts is correct and they are just working their way through it. I wonder if they ordered a ton of the 7 quart sticks and plan on using them or something of that nature. It just doesn’t make sense to overfill at the factory and then tell the user to fill it correctly next time. I have a 2.7l that falls into the potential RUD dates. The thought of the RUD causes enough anxiety and throw in the fact we have no idea how much oil to put in the engine just really puts the icing on the cake. I think I will go 6 quarts since that is what Ford currently specifies and it is compatible with the factory supplied dip stick. With a 6 qt specification and factory stick everything lines up like it should.
Sounds like they are confused across the board.
We service lots of Broncos and own a few, we put 7 quarts in with filter.

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you want to run 6qt use the same one that came with your bronco.... if you want 7qt....order MB3Z6750F this is the Raptor stick that runs 7.5 with filter change
Hadn’t noticed the Raptor spec is 7.5 qts.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not for 7 qt.... the FT4Z C the twist is higher... same length same markings... for 6qt as factory original...
Right. There is no current specified stick for 7 quarts as the current specification is 6 quarts.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right. There is no current specified stick for 7 quarts as the current specification is 6 quarts.
The MB3Z-6750-F is for 7qt

Last edited:

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I'm not mistaken all Ford dealers have access to a Ford Motor Company web app called CurrentBroncoOilCap. It has spinning numbers like a Vegas slot machine and when they do an oil change on your Bronco, they hit the Enter key and it stops on a number. Typically that number is between 6.00 and 7.00, but it may not always be. That's how much oil goes in to your vehicle.
Sponsored