First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So how do the wires from the harness interface with the Bronco wiring? Plug, or still splicing it?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So how do the wires from the harness interface with the Bronco wiring? Plug, or still splicing it?
I canā€™t say for sure about the FoMoCo, but all others are 12v from the battery and the rest is plug and play. Costs me 50 dollars and a hour or two for labor to install front brakes. Ford charges 400.00. This will not be a big deal. Iā€™ve done it many times. (Not on a 6G), but on many Fords and other makes.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had to choose like 5 different dealers to find one doing install and for this it is $330.
So a Ford parts rep told me that you have to order the part and install on the Ford official page and select the dealer. Parts apparently will be sent to the dealership. Problem is the dealership you selected might now be aware for their posted install price.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am getting $305 installation at Brewster Ford in NY. šŸ˜¬

Holding out for flip's solution. Hopefully it will be manageable to handle myself.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the dealer can install a tow package in a base Bronco including wiring for the same price as factory, itā€™s a win.

Sponsored

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know if there are instructions on REMOVING THE BUMPER?

I am not doing the wiring.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curt will have a plug and play harness for a 4 pin soon. They are already selling one for the Sport. It will take 60 minutes or so to install.

Or, buy the generic Ford harness that is designed to be installed by a tech for $$$.

Itā€™s your money, spend it however you want.

Last edited:

Jim98

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased tow hitch and wiring from Ford parts and took to local dealer, they said yes we can do that and quoted $125, two days and 16 hrs total labor time later they were complete, said all future labor charges for Bronco tow hitch install would be over $500 charged (they honored original quote for me)ā€¦noted the hitch itself was easy, the wiring was a complete nightmare, has to be run thru the interior etcā€¦..just a heads up donā€™t be shocked if you get a high quote from dealer on theseā€¦..

Jim98

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased tow hitch and wiring from Ford parts and took to local dealer, they said yes we can do that and quoted $125, two days and 16 hrs total labor time later they were complete, said all future labor charges for Bronco tow hitch install would be over $500 charged (they honored original quote for me)ā€¦noted the hitch itself was easy, the wiring was a complete nightmare, has to be run thru the interior etcā€¦..just a heads up donā€™t be shocked if you get a high quote from dealer on theseā€¦..
Thanks for the heads up! My ordered Badlands without towing package is scheduled to be built week of 01/09/23. Dealer quoted me a price of $595 (factory install price) to add towing with 4 pin connector after vehicle arrives. Would you take this or go outside aftermarket?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, youā€™re looking at 3 - 4 hours total, correct? I donā€™t get much work done at shops but arenā€˜t most shop rates $80 to $125 an hour? That would equate to anywhere from $240 to $500 for install plus parts, right?
$80-$125? How about $150-$200 at NY dealers

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've been installing these for between $550-$650. The cheaper is all parts and labor for the 4 pin, the higher is the factory 7/4 pin. Won't be exactly like the factory trailer tow option but we haven't run into anyone yet that specifically asked for trailer braking function.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the heads up! My ordered Badlands without towing package is scheduled to be built week of 01/09/23. Dealer quoted me a price of $595 (factory install price) to add towing with 4 pin connector after vehicle arrives. Would you take this or go outside aftermarket?
If you know what your doing 4 pin is simple install. I paid 94.00 bucks for 4 pin and did it myself in 1.5 hours tops. 4 pin is simple install. 7 pin gets slightly more involved especially if you want trailer brake control.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you can't add the tow package to the base, I had no choice but to do the work myself.

I bought the Curt hitch and the Ford Accessories harness.

My only deviation from the harness instructions was to run the battery wire underneath (along the frame) instead of through the cab.

I used the wire cover below, starting at the battery terminal, down to the frame, and followed the contours of the factory wiring on the frame on the driver's side. It came out really nice. The entire 14 feet of cover is needed.

I used posi-taps to connect the wires behind the tail light instead of cutting and splicing as the direction said. If you've never used posi-taps... they are awesome.

Ford Bronco Dealer installed tow package, beware of cost Screenshot_20221201_090917_Firefox
Ford Bronco Dealer installed tow package, beware of cost Screenshot_20221201_090759_Firefox

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I contacted my local dealer who quoted me about $560 for the 4 pin harness and hitch. And 2-4 hours of labor @$149/hr.
fuck you very much.
Then I ordered the Curtis items for $215 from TicklemyBronco. My local independent mechanic will install my parts, Iā€™ve known him for years. Iā€™ll update with the labor cost after itā€™s in.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have photos they could share of the factory installed hitch and 7 pin vs Curt or Ford hitch with 4 pin installed afterwards.
Interested in appearance and rear ground clearance comparisons. Thx
Sponsored