Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
I was under the impression that ALL Reservations would be filled prior to any dealer inventory being available.

Yesterday I called a dealer about a different vehicle, but I mentioned the new Bronco @ the end of the call. While the saleswoman was trying to answer my questions like I had no clue what I was talking about, she let it slip that some of the people from her dealership had placed reservations for dealer stock.

My question is, is it possible this is a shady way for dealers to get stock earlier? Or has Ford opened up a new Que for dealers to start getting reservations in?

Maybe @Granger Ford will shed some light on this for us.
Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know some had thought of the idea of the dealer having individuals (or employees) reserve and order for dealers, and then not accept delivery leaving that dealer with inventory, but I believe @BroncoDealer said that Ford was watching for any shenanigans and wasn’t having any of it.

(At least I think it was BroncoDealer that said that....)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression that ALL Reservations would be filled prior to any dealer inventory being available.

My question is, is it possible this is a shady way for dealers to get stock earlier? Or has Ford opened up a new Que for dealers to start getting reservations in?
That is entirely possible for a shady dealer to do that and Ford is on it...

They called me about my reservation because I work at the dealership...

If it happens to a certain %...I would not want my order there as it may be "delayed" until Ford handles the delivery discrepancy with names not matching the reservation..

And we report the deliveries daily...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know some had thought of the idea of the dealer having individuals (or employees) reserve and order for dealers, and then not accept delivery leaving that dealer with inventory, but I believe @BroncoDealer said that Ford was watching for any shenanigans and wasn’t having any of it.

(At least I think it was BroncoDealer that said that....)
He did and he is absolutely correct, that is why we intend to deliver all Bronco's to the reservation holder...we do not need them "talking" to us about it...

Above board dealers do not mess with Ford there is no win in it for the dealership..

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yesterday I called a dealer about a different vehicle, but I mentioned the new Bronco @ the end of the call. While the saleswoman was trying to answer my questions like I had no clue what I was talking about, she let it slip that some of the people from her dealership had placed reservations for dealer stock.

Maybe @Granger Ford will shed some light on this for us.
Not from Granger but yes dealer's have and are doing this. I work at a dealership and I placed an order and before I did I asked what happens if it gets here and I change my mind and don't want it, only because I just bought my mustang a year ago and may not be able to part wayswith it. I was told it then becomes dealer stock.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine the markup of a Bronco that technicaly can't be had by anyone without a reservation until 2022. There are plenty of people with way too much money on their hands.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine the markup of a Bronco that technicaly can't be had by anyone without a reservation until 2022. There are plenty of people with way too much money on their hands.
Yes, but Ford just came out with some very harsh penalties if dealerships have a number of orders that aren't converted to a sale and instead sold off the lot. It should cut down on any dealership shenanigans.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but Ford just came out with some very harsh penalties if dealerships have a number of orders that aren't converted to a sale and instead sold off the lot. It should cut down on any dealership shenanigans.
Since Ford just bowed down to their dealers and abandoned their commitment to deliver based on reservation order...my guess is the actual punishment ends up being a “mild rebuke” based on their pussified behavior on reservations.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since Ford just bowed down to their dealers and abandoned their commitment to deliver based on reservation order...my guess is the actual punishment ends up being a “mild rebuke” based on their pussified behavior on reservations.
Please explain?

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a lot of misinterpretation coming from what is a poorly written article. That is not a press release from Ford and I am not convinced that a guy who joined the forum today at 3pm is accurately representing the info from today's meeting.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford did not bow down to the big dealerships, just appeased them slightly and really helped other dealerships that have large numbers of orders and are not as big...

As for a "mild rebuke" that is not the case at all, I cannot tell you what the penalties are but we as well as the large dealerships do not want them to happen ever!

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford did not bow down to the big dealerships, just appeased them slightly and really helped other dealerships that have large numbers of orders and are not as big...

As for a "mild rebuke" that is not the case at all, I cannot tell you what the penalties are but we as well as the large dealerships do not want them to happen ever!
So, you are saying this will actually help you and Stephens?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, you are saying this will actually help you and Stephens?
I think that’s the case. Ford didn’t want to penalize dealers that were being creative and driving a ton of reservations. Granger and Stephens are very unique situations and their customers will be okay.

dealers similar size to them but without reservation volume....they will probably be the most affected. But that is 100% my uneducated guess :)

I also think that they won’t be able to elaborate on the deals they have with Ford, understandably. And thus the big guys will continue to hammer the point that small dealers will get less trucks with out any context to the specific situations.
Sponsored