Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
So I was looking through my Bronco reservation stuff waiting for B&P. I clicked on the part that says reservation details can be found here blah blah... When I clicked on it and started reading I came across this tidbit :
Reservation Process.
(Part 3) In order to complete the Reservation Process, you will be required to (1) create and/or login to your Ford account, (2) submit certain information to Ford, and (3) pay a refundable Reservation Deposit of $500 to Ford. Ford will hold Reservation Deposits and will not pay interest on Reservation Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of Ford.

Order Process.
(Part 2) In order to complete the Order Process, you will be required to (1) create and/or login to your Ford account, (2) submit certain information to Ford, (3) select a Dealer, and (4) pay an Order Deposit to the Dealer. The Dealer will hold Order Deposits and will not pay interest on Order Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of the Dealer. Dealer Order Deposit refund policy may vary based on your selected Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you agree to these Terms. Ford and your selected Dealer may contact you periodically with updates regarding the status of your Order.

Now even though the link says it will take me to my reservation for Bronco, the page comes up as 2019 and for the Mach E. Maybe the page hasn't been updated yet, maybe the dealer is misreading the Mach E for the Bronco, or maybe we are supposed to pay another $400 after all? I'd imagine the $500 goes towards the down payment anyways, right?
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was looking through my Bronco reservation stuff waiting for B&P. I clicked on the part that says reservation details can be found here blah blah... When I clicked on it and started reading I came across this tidbit :
Reservation Process.
(Part 3) In order to complete the Reservation Process, you will be required to (1) create and/or login to your Ford account, (2) submit certain information to Ford, and (3) pay a refundable Reservation Deposit of $500 to Ford. Ford will hold Reservation Deposits and will not pay interest on Reservation Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of Ford.

Order Process.
(Part 2) In order to complete the Order Process, you will be required to (1) create and/or login to your Ford account, (2) submit certain information to Ford, (3) select a Dealer, and (4) pay an Order Deposit to the Dealer. The Dealer will hold Order Deposits and will not pay interest on Order Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of the Dealer. Dealer Order Deposit refund policy may vary based on your selected Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you agree to these Terms. Ford and your selected Dealer may contact you periodically with updates regarding the status of your Order.

Now even though the link says it will take me to my reservation for Bronco, the page comes up as 2019 and for the Mach E. Maybe the page hasn't been updated yet, maybe the dealer is misreading the Mach E for the Bronco, or maybe we are supposed to pay another $400 after all? I'd imagine the $500 goes towards the down payment anyways, right?
Must be old info. We're already all past the "reservation process."

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah - the "Ravenel" deposit policy. Does that make it a contract and then you are screwed with whatever they tell you for pricing. etc? I'd shop around and find a new spot - but wait until more into October before blowing your 1 and only switch.
Unless you are willing to open up a new reservation. That might not be a really bad choice. Yes you wait longer but if that doesn't bother/scare you. It might buy an extra month or 2 of saving before delivery.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:
Reservation Process.
(3) pay a refundable Reservation Deposit of $500 to Ford. Ford will hold Reservation Deposits and will not pay interest on Reservation Deposits. Any interest earned on the account will be the sole property of Ford.

This was the process for the MachE, the Bronco only has the $100 and is held by the dealership not FoMoCo...

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused why Ford is taking so much time to have things like build and price functional and taking proper orders. Its getting on to October.. and if demand is what they say a lot of us are going to have a long long wait..
Really there's no rush other than curiosity

Can't even place orders for 3 more months, no use putting the builder up if they can't even take orders yet

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation Process.

Order Process.

Not true. Bronco is $100, period. Ford is not asking for additional money for deposit.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm okay with public name and shame if they are trying to sneak a dollar, afterall they are the ones trying to pull a fast one by a sleezy move. They are supposed to be the professional and here for the consumer. Heck, if it wasnt for this forum id be just the type of guy he is looking for and im thankfull im not. I do not agree with the personal attacks on his appearance or otherwise though. Dude did nothing to deserve some of the comments. Hope a mod deletes them. Guessing most of you aint no peach anymore either. With that being said, whenever i hear of a slimeball salesman am I the only one to think of Bill Paxton in True Lies? ... every dang time.

Ford Bronco Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation. unnamed

Im okay with a further refundable deposit too. Shows a commitment by you barring any unforseen circumstances. However, id run fast and far provided they dont gaurentee x-plan by oct 31. If further explanation needed, see photo above.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d be curious what their options are. Has any dealer said? Would they cancel your reservation if you refused? could they give your reservation to someone else? If not, then their options are wait or refuse your order and you pick another dealer.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’d be curious what their options are. Has any dealer said? Would they cancel your reservation if you refused? could they give your reservation to someone else? If not, then their options are wait or refuse your order and you pick another dealer.
Well since it's the dealer that completes the order, they can refuse to put your order in unless you put down an additional deposit. But you also have the right to switch dealers, so your reservation can only be cancelled by you, but you need a dealer to make your order.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bold face lie. Any additional deposit would be given when the vehicle is being ordered and the terms are agreed upon between you and the dealer.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a letter from Ford, about 2 to 3 weeks ago, to discuss all of the Ordering stuff, with dealers. The Ford letter requires a MINIMUM deposit of $500 (total, to include the initial $100 from the reservation) for the dealer to place a Build Order at the end of January. Most, but not all of the dealers, have told their customers that the $500 is completely refundable.

This sounds to be a good thing, because Ford is trying to keep dealers from completing orders that would be otherwise cancelled, so they could sell them off of their lots at a greater profit. Also, each order that might have been completed by a dealer, instead of a customer, would keep you longer from being able to get your completed Bronco.

Anyhow, after reading lots of Posts, on many Forums, I think there are some dealers that are either not committing to a refund... and/or also a few that are asking for more than the required $500. If you have a dealer that is still non-committal, that sounds like bad news to me... and I would change dealers. It doesn't matter which dealer delivers your Bronco, they will all provide the same quality of service (well, supposedly).

MrBill

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev Volt, Chev C3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly why I placed my reservation early Sunday morning with Albert at Granger in Iowa. He got back to me right away and confirmed $2000 off invoice. I’m 69 and have bought more than my share of new vehicles in my life and I no longer buy locally. All of my internet purchases out of town have been the best experiences! And no salesman hassles. Albert has been with Granger 24 yrs and is solely dedicated to Bronco reserves and order placement. He got back to me and confirmed my reserve right away on Sunday a.m. Looking forward to dealing with Granger, they’ve been in business since 1987 and own the store outright which is why they can discount because of their low overhead. Tell your dealer to pound sand and let everyone you talk to know how they treated you, serves them right.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can compare your dealers offer to Stephens in WV. Here's the link:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-centers-mid-atlantic-bronco-connection.4332/

You have one chance to change dealership before end of October. Stephens in West Va and Granger in Iowa have the best offer so far in the forum. You still have time to negotiate and find dealer locally using the 2 dealers offer as reference. You can also join buyers group in the area, that are now trying to get best offers as a group:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/maryland-volume-buyers-group-or-maybe-va-pa-de-md.3549/
Thought it was extended?

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And so the games begin...its going to get worse as the build/delivery dates get closer and dealers realize they can make a few extra $$ once the customer has committed and the car is on its way.
Need to adopt Teslas sales model and eliminate the dealers.
ah yes, eliminate the dealers..... so everyone just pays MSRP. You think the manufacturer would discount anything beyond the rebates at that point? You think getting rid of dealerships would make anything cheaper or create a better deal?