Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
I hope these dealers get zero orders!! Ridiculous... if you have a reservation with these guys switch teach them a lesson
Sponsored

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Such a joke that they are not only asking for a an extra deposit but that they are asking for one before the order banks are even open. Definitely look into more transparent dealerships.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm just down the road from you, originally had mine reserved at OC Welch but have since switched over to Granger. I did call whatever dealer was in Charleston, they had said no markups but don't know what deposits or pricing after that.

If the deposit is refundable and that's the dealer you're committed to I'm pretty sure there's been discussions here about dealers asking for extra deposits to cover themselves when it's order time but not to reserve but you can search on that. Big issue is that all dealers are different and are separate from Ford to run their business for good or bad results. You might want to talk with sales manger to get more info and if it doesn't add up then look around to switch.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just down the road from you, originally had mine reserved at OC Welch but have since switched over to Granger. I did call whatever dealer was in Charleston, they had said no markups but don't know what deposits or pricing after that.

If the deposit is refundable and that's the dealer you're committed to I'm pretty sure there's been discussions here about dealers asking for extra deposits to cover themselves when it's order time but not to reserve but you can search on that. Big issue is that all dealers are different and are separate from Ford to run their business for good or bad results. You might want to talk with sales manger to get more info and if it doesn't add up then look around to switch.
How do you go about switching?

bfabpt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation required $100. You did your part. Even to order should not require any more money. Walk away. They are playing games.
You can compare your dealers offer to Stephens in WV. Here's the link:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-centers-mid-atlantic-bronco-connection.4332/

You have one chance to change dealership before end of October. Stephens in West Va and Granger in Iowa have the best offer so far in the forum. You still have time to negotiate and find dealer locally using the 2 dealers offer as reference. You can also join buyers group in the area, that are now trying to get best offers as a group:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/maryland-volume-buyers-group-or-maybe-va-pa-de-md.3549/

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
You NEED to move your reservation.
As soon as your reservation is moved to Granger or Steven’s Auto center, or another straight shooter dealer, I would log on and file a customer complaint with Ford and the Better Business Bureau.
Dealerships pull this shit because we allow it. An informed customer working with a good dealer is a great, non-adversarial relationship.

Sponsored

GYMEBronco22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And so the games begin...its going to get worse as the build/delivery dates get closer and dealers realize they can make a few extra $$ once the customer has committed and the car is on its way.
Need to adopt Teslas sales model and eliminate the dealers.

Last edited:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh crap, I misspelled Stephen’s Auto. Sorry.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ignore them and don't do anything until you find a good dealer to switch to. You have until the end of October.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello,
Just a thought, but why don't you invite them to this Forum? At least it will give US some fun while we wait for...... I know don't say it..... while we wait for B&P. It'll help us to pass the time.

And like everyone else said, wait til October to see what other deals may drop close to you, and then move your reservation. They seem shady to say the least.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You NEED to move your reservation.
As soon as your reservation is moved to Granger or Steven’s Auto center, or another straight shooter dealer, I would log on and file a customer complaint with Ford and the Better Business Bureau.
Dealerships pull this shit because we allow it. An informed customer working with a good dealer is a great, non-adversarial relationship.
Has anyone else selected a dealer outside of their area because of pricing?
Sponsored