Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@UTultimate Start planning on moving your reservation. Remember, you have until 10/31 to do so so there is no reason to make a knee jerk reaction right now. Wait and find the dealership and deal that will work best for you.

I suspect we will start seeing this more and more from dealerships as a way to get buyers locked in from making a switch.

Edit. The sad thing is that these tactics work on the uneducated buyer and that's why they do this crap.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phathog

Wildtrak
First Name
Big Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple F150's
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Strange, I have my reservation with the same dealership and have not received any requests for extra money. I do have a different salesman though. I wonder if Mr. Kevin is doing this on his own without full sanction of the dealership?
I have bought several trucks and cars from them in the last twenty years and have had nothing but the most pleasurable experience buying from them. Service Department, that's another story.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, run away, run like the wind.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Strange, I have my reservation with the same dealership and have not received any requests for extra money. I do have a different salesman though. I wonder if Mr. Kevin is doing this on his own without full sanction of the dealership?
I have bought several trucks and cars from them in the last twenty years and have had nothing but the most pleasurable experience buying from them. Service Department, that's another story.
Might be worth a call to "end around" that type of behavior at that dealership. Maybe a DM to the OP with your sales persons contact info?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
You should forward that to Ford. Don't know how much Ford regulates dealers but they should give this dealership a call to tell them to stop this kind of crap.

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The guy I'm working with at my local dealership said there will be a $500 deposit at time of order in December. I've seen a couple mentions of deposits at time of order being normal. The OPs email mentioned $400 to complete the order. That might just mean in December at time of order, they'll need $400 more for the deposit on top the $100 reservation they already have ?‍♂

Also, personal question, is a deposit normal when placing a new car order? and does it go towards the purchase price in the end?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait this is Ravenel Ford pulling this?? That is where that YouTuber Charleston Car Videos is based out of. They always brag about rock bottom and transparent pricing. This is even more funny now.
Oh and there is a cherry on top, too. If you read the entire message from the dealer, they encourage membership in BroncoNation, you know the organization that was the subject of the thread yesterday from our members who attended the Colorado event to take pictures and obtain information about the bronco. Seems that the BroncoNation folks were unpleasant and borderline intrusive with one of our members.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The guy I'm working with at my local dealership said there will be a $500 deposit at time of order in December. I've seen a couple mentions of deposits at time of order being normal. The OPs email mentioned $400 to complete the order. That might just mean in December at time of order, they'll need $400 more for the deposit on top the $100 reservation they already have ?‍♂

Also, personal question, is a deposit normal when placing a new car order? and does it go towards the purchase price in the end?
No, there is no need to put down more than the $100 deposit that you already did. At least that’s what Granger is telling those people with reservations. $100 is all thats needed.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
Just move away from them, NOW! The best for your condition, might be Granger Ford, in Granger, IA ($1000 under invoice or $1300 under invoice, and no ADM's, if you have a X Plan. Sure, you might need to take a long weekend to get it, but you might also save a total $3k or more, depending on the final pricing.

Sooo many people on this forum have moved to Granger.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just move away from them, NOW! The best for your condition, might be Granger Ford, in Granger, IA ($1000 under invoice or $1300 under invoice, and no ADM's, if you have a X Plan. Sure, you might need to take a long weekend to get it, but you might also save a total $3k or more, depending on the final pricing.

Sooo many people on this forum have moved to Granger.
Makes me wonder if they will be able to handle the volume.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't necessarily mind if the dealer I have my reservation with called me up and said we will need a $500 reservation at the time of placing the order. I'm going to spend that money anyway on the Bronco. But if they said they needed it now to keep my reservation moving through the process, that's another story, literally. It's a lie.

OP, if your dealer is pulling those shenanigans now, there is no telling what they will do when it is actually, legitimately time to move your reservation through the process, much less what they will attempt when YOUR vehicle is sitting on their lot.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation. 1ed4b9d2d719571364a79e69147f45