Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're trying to lock him before he switches dealerships. That way he has more than $100 tied up with them. There are going to many dealerships not committing to selling for msrp or skipping around from answering the question and waiting for the Oct cutoff date to pass. At least a few of the dealerships are being up front with people and the customer isn't caught off guard when its time to place the order and under the gun and either forced to walk away or move forward with whatever the dealership charges.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
Don't just leave this deadbeat dealer... RUN!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes me wonder if they will be able to handle the volume.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that they can. I've shared a LOT of time on these forums, with Albert. He claims that the volume WILL NOT be a problem.

I have to expect that is because the time required to receive and prep these Bronco's and or to arrange for shipping, is a lot less than the time associated with a Servicing Event. My opinion would be that his big need would be to ensure that he has enough support for the Finance Team, as this is the stuff that can be really time consuming (especially if customers are faxing and emailing stuff to support a Docusign type of a closing)!

comfour

Big Bend
First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's time for you to start some research, there are a lot of information on here about offers from other dealers, but don't switch dealers yet you have until Oct 31 and you only get one chance to switch. Make sure you have all the ducks lined up before you shoot, like they say, look before leaping there may be alligators

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And so the games begin...its going to get worse as the build/delivery dates get closer and dealers realize they can make a few extra $$ once the customer has committed and the car is on its way.
Need to adopt Tesla's sales model and eliminate the dealers.
The Tesla model of one set price nationwide should be standard for all new car orders. The whole haggling dealer salesman model should only exist for car on the lot.

Sponsored

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tell them there is a non refundable $25 fee for processing the additional deposit payment. Once you receive the $25 non refundable fee you will begin the process of having the funds sent, which may take up to 60 days. Wait them out until October 15th and switch your reservation to someone with integrity. And if they’re stupid enough to send the $25, well you did tell them it was non refundable.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy I'm working with at my local dealership said there will be a $500 deposit at time of order in December. I've seen a couple mentions of deposits at time of order being normal. The OPs email mentioned $400 to complete the order. That might just mean in December at time of order, they'll need $400 more for the deposit on top the $100 reservation they already have ?‍♂

Also, personal question, is a deposit normal when placing a new car order? and does it go towards the purchase price in the end?
I'll just include this here, again, for all the people that are thinking of changing dealers. ALSO, please note that when you change, you will get the original $100 deposit back, and most dealers won't charge anything for your reservation!!! Additionally, MOST dealers will not ask for a deposit, when you actually place your order, in December.

Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English; Opt 3 Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

totesmasc

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
I’d 100% move your reservation. And, luckily, Ford makes it pretty easy. I bought my husband an EcoSport last week at Malloy Ford in Winchester, Virginia and their customer service/sales approach was beyond off-putting. And I’ll be damned if I’m buying my Bronco from them...so, I moved it to a dealership in Georgia. Just call Ford customer service and tell them you want to move the reservation.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm almost embarrassed to paste this up here, again, but I think everyone needs to see it... just so they can be clear-headed when they listen to the sales guys rant! If you hear any of this stuff, RUN!!!

Don’t accept all the stupid shid that the other Inside Sales Agents and Internet Sales Agents are telling you… and I think I’ve heard it all: “were working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;” “my manager thinks the X Plan will be available;” “there is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they haven’t told us yet” (it’s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting “we haven’t decided yet, but my manager says that there’s a good possibility that…“

You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealership… or you’ve got NOTHING!

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Tesla model of one set price nationwide should be standard for all new car orders. The whole haggling dealer salesman model should only exist for car on the lot.
Especially when you’re already paying $1500 as a destination fee. You’re there for the Bronco not the dealer. Unless it’s Granger of course haha

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the “Ford certified” but independent “for enthusiasts by enthusiasts” Bronco Nation reference in the note.
So, I don't visit that other forum... no interest. Do they even allow open discussions about questionable dealer practices like this over there?

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh and there is a cherry on top, too. If you read the entire message from the dealer, they encourage membership in BroncoNation, you know the organization that was the subject of the thread yesterday from our members who attended the Colorado event to take pictures and obtain information about the bronco. Seems that the BroncoNation folks were unpleasant and borderline intrusive with one of our members.
Aww man... are we going to have an interbronco rivalry with the other people now?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't think the dealer would ask for any deposit until December when you actually place your order, sound fishy to me. Make sure the email is actually from the Dealer and not a scam.
They shouldn't even ask for a deposit in December. You shouldn't have to put up anymore money until you are driving off of the lot with the Bronco.
Sponsored