Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya. I'm not flying anywhere for getting a car. I'm not paying anyone to ship a site unseen vehicle, that I'm paying $40k for. I also would never, ever think that driving a...0 mileage vehicle across the country right off that bat, is a long term good idea. Have at it bud. There is not a gas combustion engine that does not have a break in period. And driving across the country at 80mph for 2.5 days is not it. If I can get a local/legit warranty on power train vs. saving a couple grand... F a couple grand, especially with a forced injection motor that...who knows...could have problems...and would be nice to have that. I think the motor/turbo is the only real concern for me, and I want a 'you are paying for that, not me' situation with this compared to a few dollars a month. But that is me
Who said anything about driving 80 mph for 2.5 days? Sheesh. Charleston is a one day drive from Danville, WV. If you are driving 80 mph for 2.5 days to do that you are really doing it wrong. I bought a Corvette in New Orleans 21 years ago and drove it home to Chicago, varying my speeds over 2 days (it is a seriously longer distance than WV to SC) and adhering to Chevy's break-in guidance and it still runs great today. Oh yeah, and it's my track car at Road America so that motor gets ridden hard and put away wet.

Like I said at the beginning of my post - your logic is sound and it's your call. I was only pointing out that your statement that it's only $1K is wrong. And that's fine, for you. For those of us that don't light up our Arturo Fuente Opus X's with hundred dollar bills dipped in Johnny Walker Blue - it makes a difference.
Sponsored

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
Raceway Ford in Darlington, SC told me i would have to pay a $900 non-refundable payment at the time of ordering. ? ? i plan on switching next month anyway.

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As the saying goes, don’t blame a clown for acting like a clown. Blame yourself for going to the circus.

Just don’t go.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear ya. I'm not flying anywhere for getting a car. I'm not paying anyone to ship a site unseen vehicle, that I'm paying $40k for. I also would never, ever think that driving a...0 mileage vehicle across the country right off that bat, is a long term good idea. Have at it bud. There is not a gas combustion engine that does not have a break in period. And driving across the country at 80mph for 2.5 days is not it. If I can get a local/legit warranty on power train vs. saving a couple grand... F a couple grand, especially with a forced injection motor that...who knows...could have problems...and would be nice to have that. I think the motor/turbo is the only real concern for me, and I want a 'you are paying for that, not me' situation with this compared to a few dollars a month. But that is me
At the very least I'd see if they would take X-Plan pricing while still being able to offer the lifetime warranty. If a local dealership pops up with X-Plan (and they don't turn me off by acting sketchy), I'd think hard about flying up to WV to save whatever the difference is. Flight from CAE to WV is less than $100, and I have Delta E-tickets available due to COVID fucking everything up.

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
and exactly when will the damn build and price be on the Ford site......holy cow batman at this pace most people are going to miss summer 2021.....so much for this being ready to launch before covid hit....

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and exactly when will the damn build and price be on the Ford site......holy cow batman at this pace most people are going to miss summer 2021.....so much for this being ready to launch before covid hit....
How are most people going to miss Summer 2021? Ford has said that ordering will take place in Dec, so if B&P isn't up until just before then (which we all hope it doesn't come down to that), how will that make people miss Summer 2021?

Just confused by your statement...

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As enthusiasts, we know more than most dealerships or their salesmen about the Bronco. We have reservations and a priority that is determined by the Ford mothership.

What is a dealership adding of value to the car buying process in this instance?

There is a much more efficient way to sell cars in this century when you cut out the no value middle man.

If I was a dealership, I would start focusing on how to retain customers long-term for services and up selling and less on trying to exact a pound of flesh from a new car sale to an uneducated buyer. Such a short term losing strategy.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turns out they thought I had a Bronco Sport reservation, despite their email saying Bronco and a pic of the Bronco. Doesn't inspire confidence.
Ford Bronco Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation. IMG-2742.PNG

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know this was not a common practice but when I reserved mine, I actually made two reservations at competing dealerships. Im glad I did for this very reason

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The $100 deposit is all thats required now. Once the build and price is up then I'm sure dealers will be bringing in those who put down the deposit. After its built together a larger deposit will likely be required. I sell at Sawgrass Ford in South Florida, we have no dealer fees or mark-up on bronco.
Welcome to the fray. And thank you for the unofficial, unless you want it to be official, dealer info. It helps.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would love to hear what the $500 deposit is for? $100 for reservation. You don't actually pre-order the vehicle until December. What is the other $400 going to (Other than invested by them and earning money for them and not you)?

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to hear what the $500 deposit is for? $100 for reservation. You don't actually pre-order the vehicle until December. What is the other $400 going to (Other than invested by them and earning money for them and not you)?
I posted the text they sent me above, they said they have my reservation down as a Bronco Sport. I highly doubt that Ford sent them the wrong reservation, and I know that I reserved the Bronco.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I posted the text they sent me above, they said they have my reservation down as a Bronco Sport. I highly doubt that Ford sent them the wrong reservation, and I know that I reserved the Bronco.
Yah, clerical error. Could be benign then but sounds like you may be safer with another dealer. Good Luck!
Sponsored