Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posted the text they sent me above, they said they have my reservation down as a Bronco Sport. I highly doubt that Ford sent them the wrong reservation, and I know that I reserved the Bronco.
And I'm sure they'll get your order correct when they place it too... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor.

Probably a management "reservation drive" idea which translated poorly by a techtarded boomer.

@UTultimate Wait and see how further communications develop after the next few weeks after B&P release and see if you want to exercise your single-use ejection lever... That's my unsolicited advice.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

new one to me as well...

I would love to be able to advance my order...

I was 5th on the list when this started and now I am in 3 digit territory...

Thanks to all however this is going to be one fun roundup of the Broncos... :cool: (y)

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted the text they sent me above, they said they have my reservation down as a Bronco Sport. I highly doubt that Ford sent them the wrong reservation, and I know that I reserved the Bronco.
Not only know but have proof with the email that Ford sent you directly confirming what you reserved.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's like peter griffin and hulk hogan had a love child
"OOOOh YEAH!" <-- Yes, I know that isn't a Hulk-ism. It's The Macho Man. No need to get all Savage on me now.

Sponsored

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to hear what the $500 deposit is for? $100 for reservation. You don't actually pre-order the vehicle until December. What is the other $400 going to (Other than invested by them and earning money for them and not you)?
It's more of a lock down/insurance for the dealer when you submit an order for a custom build vehicle. In the case of the Bronco, it's probably not necessary since it'll be sold fairly easily regardless of configuration, but this is to prevent someone ordering an odd duck, bailing on it, and leaving the dealer stuck with selling that oddball configured vehicle that only 1.25 people in the whole country wanted.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's more of a lock down/insurance for the dealer when you submit an order for a custom build vehicle. In the case of the Bronco, it's probably not necessary since it'll be sold fairly easily regardless of configuration, but this is to prevent someone ordering an odd duck, bailing on it, and leaving the dealer stuck with selling that oddball configured vehicle that only 1.25 people in the whole country wanted.
Right, and since this ended up being for a Sport I understand that since they are being ordered currently. When I thought this was for a Bronco 2 door or 4 door I was wondering what the deposit was for. You haven't ordered anything yet. You have a reservation to order. There is literally no liability to the dealer until the actual order in December is made. And like you said, I assume dealers will thank you for not showing up to pick up your Bronco so they can sell them for at or above MSRP. Most dealers (Including KM Ford in San Diego I reserved at) will not be asking for deposits in December.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, and since this ended up being for a Sport I understand that since they are being ordered currently. When I thought this was for a Bronco 2 door or 4 door I was wondering what the deposit was for. You haven't ordered anything yet. You have a reservation to order. There is literally no liability to the dealer until the actual order in December is made. And like you said, I assume dealers will thank you for not showing up to pick up your Bronco so they can sell them for at or above MSRP. Most dealers (Including KM Ford in San Diego I reserved at) will not be asking for deposits in December.
I called and spoke with a manager at Ravenel Ford. He said that their paperwork said they had me down as having reserved a Bronco Sport. He said that once December comes and it's time to order they will request $400, they typically ask for $1000 for a build to insure they don't get stuck with a car they can't sell. I asked if pricing would be nailed down before then, that I wouldn't be staying unless they could guaranteed pricing before the deadline to switch dealers. He said, "We hope to offer them for MSRP, we feel like that will be a fair price, but we can't say until we get pricing from Ford". So I will be switching, just don't know where yet.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I called and spoke with a manager at Ravenel Ford. He said that their paperwork said they had me down as having reserved a Bronco Sport. He said that once December comes and it's time to order they will request $400, they typically ask for $1000 for a build to insure they don't get stuck with a car they can't sell. I asked if pricing would be nailed down before then, that I wouldn't be staying unless they could guaranteed pricing before the deadline to switch dealers. He said, "We hope to offer them for MSRP, we feel like that will be a fair price, but we can't say until we get pricing from Ford". So I will be switching, just don't know where yet.
Yah, I'm pretty sure you can find someone to work with that will do better than MSRP for you. And I do know that some dealers will take a deposit for the Bronco but this is a unique animal for Ford. They are not going to have any issues selling pre-orders that don't get picked up. There will not be any Broncos on lots at that time and they will be able to get above MSRP to sell them. Really think the risk for the Ford dealerships is quite low which is why many are saying they wont need a deposit.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yah, I'm pretty sure you can find someone to work with that will do better than MSRP for you. And I do know that some dealers will take a deposit for the Bronco but this is a unique animal for Ford. They are not going to have any issues selling pre-orders that don't get picked up. There will not be any Broncos on lots at that time and they will be able to get above MSRP to sell them. Really think the risk for the Ford dealerships is quite low which is why many are saying they wont need a deposit.
That and they wouldn't put that in writing, they HOPE to offer MSRP.
Sponsored