Wilde

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have a reservation placed in August, reservation # 1040xxxx. I haven't heard anything from my dealer about the reservation at all, so I emailed them yesterday. I got this response: Ford has allocated us 20% and we will start calling customers in March. That is when we will reach out.

Does that sound wrong and should I switch dealerships?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They don't seem PROACTIVE at all and would seriously consider switching dealers.

mibi

Badlands
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i went today to place my order.. so some are placing orders but nothing being built till after march.. no idea why they wouldn't start collecting the orders now, unless you are just so far behind others who put the 100$ deposit in before you?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping in mind both the order banks and your ability to switch dealers ends March 19 there is no way I would wait for them to contact me in March sometime. What if they add a 5K ADM on it? no time to switch.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck. They're not in any hurry to order 2022's. Probably don't get that converted reservations will have a direct impact on their allocation...

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have a reservation placed in August, reservation # 1040xxxx. I haven't heard anything from my dealer about the reservation at all, so I emailed them yesterday. I got this response: Ford has allocated us 20% and we will start calling customers in March. That is when we will reach out.

Simple - You reserved in August so he can see your name in the email, and probably lookEd you up on his list and saw you were not likely to get into his 20% (to 30%) allocation so that’s why he said he’d call you in March. They’re probably working now through the early reservations to order and secure them (who will be part of allocation) and then get to the later ones.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple - You reserved in August so he can see your name in the email, and probably lookEd you up on his list and saw you were not likely to get into his 20% (to 30%) allocation so that’s why he said he’d call you in March. They’re probably working now through the early reservations to order and secure them (who will be part of allocation) and then get to the later ones.
^ he beat me to it. You're late in the reservation game, if they have a lot of orders they're probably starting from the front and working with them first before working their way to you.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One advantage of your dealer working the top of the list down is that they can tell you where you really stand in line based on the cancellations ahead of you.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer keeps telling me they will contact me shortly, 10days later they still haven’t called me.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer keeps telling me they will contact me shortly, 10days later they still haven’t called me.
My dealer is not in a hurry either. I kind of wonder if they are trying to push some of the orders into February for statistical reasons. Perhaps someone with sales experience can chime in on spreading out the stats at the dealership...

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer is not in a hurry either. I kind of wonder if they are trying to push some of the orders into February for statistical reasons. Perhaps someone with sales experience can chime in on spreading out the stats at the dealership...
Probably catering to the total number of allocation. Now they asked for my build via email . I want to talk to a person to get the specifics on their allocation and where I am in line.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'd switch or show up in person and see if you can persuade them.

It literally took me 5 minutes to convert my res to order.

If you wait until March and they try to add a markup you won't have much, if any, time to switch dealer.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'd switch. You have the ability to order, and they won't place it? Switch. I know nothing is set in stone until March 19th, but if I want to order and they have the ability to place the order, I'm ordering. Also, with their plan, they have no chance of increasing that allocation...people will flee, their conversion rate will be low, and people won't go there now to increase it. Unless they promised you a smoking deal, I wouldn't deal with a dealer like that.
Sponsored