Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was discussion of “mannequins” being delivered early, before regular productions... the difference was that these are not available to drive, and had to be returned to Ford (not for the dealer to do whatever they wanted).

From what we know here on the forum, what your dealer said almost sounds like a combination of the mannequin and FCTP programs...

I’m certainly not suggesting any deliberate misinformation or anything... just trying to make sense of what we do know against new info.
Sponsored

earmentrout

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 Raptor,2014 Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a thing! Other than what I already know regarding Xplan is accepted regardless of Fords statement ... a few Bronco Sports on the lot ... no CG or A51 to debate over
Thanks for the update. I was hoping a CG would have been there. Guess you can't have it all.?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Everybody!
I spoke to my dealer this morning about ordering. He said we are on track for orders to start soon. He then told me that he is getting a "loaner" to his lot (discussed in another thread).
He was told by his Ford Rep that Ford will produce about 4500 of these vehicles and they plan to have them to the dealers BEFORE the ordering deadline. Dealers will be required to keep those vehicles in their fleet for 4 months. At that point, they can do whatever they want to with them. He told me that today is the deadline for the dealerships to request one of these. right now, in his territory, 10 dealers have not confirmed that they want one. This makes no sense to either one of us.
Several different packages and options available (also discussed in the other thread). He told me that the packages (Base, BL, BD,...) will be on a precentage basis, so every dealer may not be able to get exactly what they want for this program.
If you are planning to order as soon as the ordering opens, this will not help you.
If you would like to wait until the last minute (won't matter because they won't start building until after the cutoff date)or have a late reservation/special items and you will be a late MT21 or MY22, I would definitely wait until a dealer has one in their loaner program and check it out.
Getting very excited!!
Looking forward to my BD! Still no idea what color!!! DANG IT!!!
They are called mannequin vehicles they can get up to two of them and they don’t have a choice on the model.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was discussion of “mannequins” being delivered early, before regular productions... the difference was that these are not available to drive, and had to be returned to Ford (not for the dealer to do whatever they wanted).

From what we know here on the forum, what your dealer said almost sounds like a combination of the mannequin and FCTP programs...

I’m certainly not suggesting any deliberate misinformation or anything... just trying to make sense of what we do know against new info.
I have the memo and they should be getting two per dealership.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Everybody!
I spoke to my dealer this morning about ordering. He said we are on track for orders to start soon. He then told me that he is getting a "loaner" to his lot (discussed in another thread).
He was told by his Ford Rep that Ford will produce about 4500 of these vehicles and they plan to have them to the dealers BEFORE the ordering deadline. Dealers will be required to keep those vehicles in their fleet for 4 months. At that point, they can do whatever they want to with them. He told me that today is the deadline for the dealerships to request one of these. right now, in his territory, 10 dealers have not confirmed that they want one. This makes no sense to either one of us.
Several different packages and options available (also discussed in the other thread). He told me that the packages (Base, BL, BD,...) will be on a precentage basis, so every dealer may not be able to get exactly what they want for this program.
If you are planning to order as soon as the ordering opens, this will not help you.
If you would like to wait until the last minute (won't matter because they won't start building until after the cutoff date)or have a late reservation/special items and you will be a late MT21 or MY22, I would definitely wait until a dealer has one in their loaner program and check it out.
Getting very excited!!
Looking forward to my BD! Still no idea what color!!! DANG IT!!!
yeah so this is wrong, I saw the memo for the demo vehicles and first off the time period is 7 months as a fctp vehicle, there are 3 packages and to the person who was wondering about the black top sorry but there is one with a sunrider top lol. I think the timing of us getting the broncos is sketchy too since ford doesnt want any dealer stock including just one fctp hence they extended the program

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All this negativity... I am just going by what I was told. My dealer is also a good friend. Unless his Rep is feeding him a bunch of crap, I will take his word to be true.
If the loaners get to the dealer by the first part of March, then 4 months later is July. right when the first ones are being delivered... I hope. I am not saying that they will "for sure" be able to sell them, but that is the rule for other vehicles in the loaner program. We shall see how it plays out. I will keep you posted. Rep also told him that the dealers have them to see if there are any issues that have to be worked out. They will have to let Ford know of ANY problems with production.
As I said, this is what my dealer has been told.
They may be getting one to look at that will be taken but FCTP is reserved for production cars and as many have pointed out these cannot be production due to the timing, also the dealer is wrong since for the bronco the FCTP time is 7 months not four, they may have gm's test them and give them back that has happened before but no way in hell are they the mannequins

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the update. I was hoping a CG would have been there. Guess you can't have it all.?
CG & A51 Sports were at Auto Nation Ford in Sanford 2weeks ago sent back Friday with a friend and nothing there ... said they will return next week ??‍♂

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do realize that your homework is to have them confirm our debt the OPs dealer right?
Debt, meaning financing or vehicle cost ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Debt, meaning financing or vehicle cost ?
Neither, auto correct strikes again! It was about finding out if your dealer gave you the same info as the OP.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Neither, auto correct strikes again! It was about finding out if your dealer gave you the same info as the OP.
? I also use talk to text alot while driving ... not until I see the response do I realize what was typed lmao !!! .... yes pretty much same response ... I'm waiting till March to place my order because well, ya never kno .. I'm a painted hard top 2 dr Squatch guy, so hoping for MY22 and green color option ... wish me luck!

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
All this negativity... I am just going by what I was told. My dealer is also a good friend. Unless his Rep is feeding him a bunch of crap, I will take his word to be true.
Find sand, insert head. It’s not possible to have final production vehicles on Dealer lots in March based on Ford’s publicly released production timing. It has nothing to do with negativity.
Sponsored