First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Guys - I placed an order 10/25/21 and when I made some changes Friday the salesman I made it with was no longer with the dealership. I was then forwarded to one of the managers who found all my information and said to simply send him a link with my changes from the FORD site which I did. I received an email back saying we were all good but I noticed there was no updated build sheet so I asked for it. I get a call Saturday saying my order was never submitted 10/25/21 even though I had a build sheet and the order banks are now closed. He then tells me he has a few extra reservations and he will add me to one of those but it will have someone else's name on it. I get a new build sheet and it does have someone else's name but it has my exact build.

So my question is will this work, everything I have read here is you can't transfer a reservation? Or are they not transfering it and I'm just getting someone else's that I'm assuming they abandoned?

Craig
Sponsored

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure the only negative from that scenario is it counts towards their % of mismatched sales to reservation names, so they may be penalized future allocation. shouldn't impact you at all.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"It will have someone else's name attached to the order"......this brings up so many questions. Is this what happened to your order? Did it come in and get sold to someone else? Did the person cancel the order that you're taking over?

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
"It will have someone else's name attached to the order"......this brings up so many questions. Is this what happened to your order? Did it come in and get sold to someone else? Did the person cancel the order that you're taking over?
Yes I agree and have no idea, my name was hand written above the customer name box right next to the hand written Salesman name. I did confirm with Ford 2 weeks after 10/25 and they said they had the order but they don't have customer information only the dealer does. I also have no idea about this new reservation, it's obviously someone else's but when I spoke to him he said "We have a couple extra reservations and we'll give you one of those" so who knows.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I agree and have no idea, my name was hand written above the customer name box right next to the hand written Salesman name. I did confirm with Ford 2 weeks after 10/25 and they said they had the order but they don't have customer information only the dealer does. I also have no idea about this new reservation, it's obviously someone else's but when I spoke to him he said "We have a couple extra reservations and we'll give you one of those" so who knows.
Thats an interesting use of words from the dealer that raises red flags for me. Hopefully you will see your Bronco in the next year.

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could simply be the dealer held on to reservations from the people that could not wait or just due to financial hardship, maybe backed out of the deal. That is probably why they have extras. Now, the thing I would ask them is if you still get the price protection since the price of truck did go up and if they are still honoring whatever price you had originally agreed upon.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think I get price protection with a 10/25/21 Order from what I read. One thing possitive if this actually works is he said the reservation was made before my Order date so I'm not sure how that works out.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So after thinking about this more I just can't get my head around how I have an order sheet if they didn't submit it so I just called FORD. They confirmed again that they have an order for a Bronco with my order code placed 12/23/21 not 12/3/21. I also had him lookup the Reservation they're now giving me and it was there as well and was ordered 8/27/21. Is it possible they didn't order mine then someone else ordered and got the same order number as mine?

Going to call the dealer back today but trying to figure out as much as I can before that.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Guys - I placed an order 10/25/21 and when I made some changes Friday the salesman I made it with was no longer with the dealership. I was then forwarded to one of the managers who found all my information and said to simply send him a link with my changes from the FORD site which I did. I received an email back saying we were all good but I noticed there was no updated build sheet so I asked for it. I get a call Saturday saying my order was never submitted 10/25/21 even though I had a build sheet and the order banks are now closed. He then tells me he has a few extra reservations and he will add me to one of those but it will have someone else's name on it. I get a new build sheet and it does have someone else's name but it has my exact build.

So my question is will this work, everything I have read here is you can't transfer a reservation? Or are they not transfering it and I'm just getting someone else's that I'm assuming they abandoned?

Craig
Very fishy. Are the words "fraud" "scam" "bait & switch" too strong here? Are you a reservation holder, or someone who walked into a dealer last October and placed an order. You talk about transferring a reservation . . . If you have one that you thought you converted in October, you've been scammed, it seems. I'd be on the phone with Ford.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah. I think the only question at this point is how many Broncos they ordered in your name and sold to other customers.

I'm guessing two, your reservation and the December order.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never had a reservation I walked in to the dealership and did a straight order 10/25, this reservation they're giving me has another name on it . So I actually have a reservation they're letting me use now because of their mistake, not sure it matters in the timeline.

I did call and discuss and it sounds like they had an issue on their side with my order being placed correctly. I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was probably a reservation the dealer made under a fake name to get a stock Bronco in.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. I think the only question at this point is how many Broncos they ordered in your name and sold to other customers.

I'm guessing two, your reservation and the December order.
Funny you say this, when I spoke with Ford yesterday they took all my information and after I gave them my original order number that was supposedly lost he said "This is for the Bronco not the F250 right?". I thought he was talking about my F250 they still show on my account profile but after thinking about it I'm not sure. My guess is they have a lot of 'extra' orders to try to make it through this mess!
Sponsored