Sponsored

Dealer Markup on Raptor - Can I do anything?

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my dealer got 1 ticket and is selling it at stitcher. Another dealer on this forum received 8 and selling all at sticker.
Understood and that’s great. But the reality is that dealers are going to try and get over sticker on these.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese Econobox
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
my dealer got 1 ticket and is selling it at stitcher. Another dealer on this forum received 8 and selling all at sticker.
That this could happen is why I had to create an account and at least investigate, the idea I am paying $20,000 more for the same thing is insane to me.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i agree but until that happens we should not scare the masses which bronco6g loves to do

Understood and that’s great. But the reality is that dealers are going to try and get over sticker on these.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
especially when your dealer really can’t get you one

😂

That this could happen is why I had to create an account and at least investigate, the idea I am paying $20,000 more for the same thing is insane to me.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese Econobox
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you really want to Raptor, the 20k ADM I think is lower than many dealers are going to offer. I am in California, so I could be different where you are from. Right now our local dealers are selling the Gen 3 f150 Raptor for 30k over MSPR and they are moving units. I am told 30k-50K ADM for a "Dealers" Bronco Raptor.
I think at MSPR the Bronco Raptor has great value for a true off road user, vehicle collector, or enthusiast. But at 100k, for me it is a hard pass. If you really get into off roading, there are so many proven ways to upgrade your suspension and the 2.7 engine to very high level.

Your dealer might just being offering you one of their first dealer allocations when they can order one. just like being on a wait list like many people are for the Raptor. Or as @Raptor911 says so well the Warthog.
My bet is that the Badlands at $60k is going to be the best vehicle for the money, I don’t need the Raptor to compensate for anything or prove anything to anyone. Real off road capability in case society starts to have problems maintaining roads or municipalities go bankrupt and cannot plow the snow off the road. Or if I need to run over some zombies.

The Raptor might be worth it at MSRP but I agree that with ADM you’re just paying too much extra for the vanity of having the biggest and baddest option.

I was perfectly stoked on the Badlands Sasquatch, it’s only that the Raptor became available, and comparison can become the thief of joy (but only if you let it).

I did speak to a rep at a different dealership and she explained that the markup has to be done because otherwise it would just get flipped on the street for a profit. Seems to make sense but I’m still calling around different dealerships to find out what I can.

I plan on keeping my Japanese econobox so as to mitigate fuel costs and keep the mileage on the Bronco low, and therefore it’s resale value higher. Given rising used car prices, I could always get the Badlands Sasquatch at $60k, and potentially flip it for a profit down the road and get a Raptor if and when the markups go away.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am a golden ticket holder. Also had a well spec'ed Badlands Sas on order, MSRP agreed to by my dealer. I've been prodding the dealer since i got my lucky email, and finally at the end of Feb I learn they would charge $50k ADM for the raptor despite my golden ticket holding.

Being that I have already converted my BL order last March, transferring dealers is not looking likely. I've been in contact with Bronco marketing team, and the dealer I would like to transfer to has been in contact with the local Ford Rep. Basically there seems to be a legal issue about moving my allocation to a new dealer because the original dealer "earned" it already. So I think I am screwed.
That is True Iam one of the 8
Has anyone got a count of golden ticket winner on this board? I’ve got one.

hamsandwich

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was a supposed “lucky winner” of the so called golden ticket. In reality, it just means I get the opportunity to give the dealer an extra 25k. And doesn’t appear anything I can do about it. Congrats to all the people who get msrp. This process has been entirely too frustrating.

ColoradoChris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Golden ticket owner here but 30K over by dealership is no-go. I called another dealer just to see what others were doing; they were giving MRSP for early reservation holders but selling 2 unclaimed raptor broncos at market value which seemed reasonable. If you try to sell your 'golden tix choice' you don't get to also pick your original bronco.

Sponsored

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Golden ticket owner here but 30K over by dealership is no-go. I called another dealer just to see what others were doing; they were giving MRSP for early reservation holders but selling 2 unclaimed raptor broncos at market value which seemed reasonable. If you try to sell your 'golden tix choice' you don't get to also pick your original bronco.
What dealership and what do they consider market value? seems to be 20-50k depending on location.

None

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is $10k a reasonable markup on this vehicle if it can be had? Are they making them every year? Will they always be difficult to acquire and have high mark ups?
Sponsored