First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Request your dealer provide and SIGN a Retail Sales Order (or equivalent) if you haven't already. As far as I can tell a Preview Order would not constitute any legitimate price agreement as it states clearly that it is not an invoice nor does it include any details of additional expense (i.e. - tax, fees, etc.).

I took the advice of some of this forum to have my dealer send me a final RSO before delivery, signed, to establish the rate and agree to it mutually to prevent issues. I had one originally back in March after my 1st submitted order but after many changes I requested a new one and thankfully my dealer held their end of the original commitment.
At what point can you get a retail sales order? I have a VIN for my 4dr FE, but production has yet to assigned.
Sponsored

WildtracMoose

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Frankly for as strong-willed most of us Bronco orderers are, I am surprised at how many say "I'll walk if they try that to me." That is a VERY weak response that will not do a thing to stop dealers from doing this. They WANT you to walk! They get more money that way. It's a strong-arm tactic, a bluff, that if you pay, or walk, you lost and they win.

Dealerships historically try moves like this. Generations have talked about the "undercoating" or "extra overcharge fee" that gets slipped in at the end. The point is, in today's social media age, that should NOT EVER be allowed. What do you do? You fight it. You call the sales manager, inventory manager into the meeting. You explain you had an agreement, Ford knows you ordered the Bronco and that you will buy the Bronco - for exactly what the original agreement was. You tell them you will otherwise call the owner of the dealership, the local news, the national news, the Better Business Bureau, and Ford Bronco leadership. Then you will make a concerted campaign exposing the dealership all over social media, and will make it your life's goal to ruin their reputation. If that doesn't convince them, next say you are calling your lawyer for breach of contract.

People - don't roll over when a salesman tries to add a sudden profit after a prior agreement. That is fraudulent, criminal, and dishonorable. FIGHT it.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At what point can you get a retail sales order? I have a VIN for my 4dr FE, but production has yet to assigned.
Go to your dealer and ask them for a a full breakdown of your expected/agreed upon price. You do not need a VIN just a submitted preview order that covers everything up to the final MSRP on your sticker.

If you've discussed price verbally and have come to agreement (i.e. - MSRP, xplan, etc) get them to put that in writing and sign/date it with them. I assume this document is the RSO like I have, but I went through a commercial Ford truck dealership so it has some provisions related to FET expenses that do not apply. I hope this helps

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frankly for as strong-willed most of us Bronco orderers are, I am surprised at how many say "I'll walk if they try that to me." That is a VERY weak response that will not do a thing to stop dealers from doing this. They WANT you to walk! They get more money that way. It's a strong-arm tactic, a bluff, that if you pay, or walk, you lost and they win.

Dealerships historically try moves like this. Generations have talked about the "undercoating" or "extra overcharge fee" that gets slipped in at the end. The point is, in today's social media age, that should NOT EVER be allowed. What do you do? You fight it. You call the sales manager, inventory manager into the meeting. You explain you had an agreement, Ford knows you ordered the Bronco and that you will buy the Bronco - for exactly what the original agreement was. You tell them you will otherwise call the owner of the dealership, the local news, the national news, the Better Business Bureau, and Ford Bronco leadership. Then you will make a concerted campaign exposing the dealership all over social media, and will make it your life's goal to ruin their reputation. If that doesn't convince them, next say you are calling your lawyer for breach of contract.

People - don't roll over when a salesman tries to add a sudden profit after a prior agreement. That is fraudulent, criminal, and dishonorable. FIGHT it.
This is so true. I shopped Jeeps a few months ago, got to this phase in the negotiation and saw upwards of $3,000 for "nitrogen filled tires, premium hand wash/detail, battery voltage testing, etc." and immediately I had the managers over. It is ALWAYS what you think it is, a bullsh*t cash grab at the last minute that can be negotiated somehow, dont believe it cant be.

YOU want your Bronco that YOU waited for, do not let them take it from you and sell to some sucker who waited no time whatsoever.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep. Also, remember Ford team Bronco said that dealership allocations will be negatively impacted for every reservation that doesn't get bought. Not ordered...bought. I assume that means by the reservation holder. Tell any shyster dealer you are going to call Ford....but prefer to just buy from they at the original agreement.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shah

Badlands
First Name
Shah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 STi Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Road & Track did an article on the ridiculous amount of dealer markups going on with the Bronco. I'm not expecting anything to change, but one can only hope that the extra attention will reduce the frequency of this. In the article they site at least one example from this forum.

https://news.yahoo.com/people-ordered-broncos-getting-screwed-160600984.html
I really dont get it.

1. I forget the number but first time Ford buyers are a big cut of the Bronco reservation pool. How isnt @FordMotorCompany raising holy hell with dealers who might be putting off potential long term customers?

2. Locals are getting, what, a few grand (maybe up to 10?). Other than that one case of 10k its not, from an enterprise perspective, a crazy revenue bump. Sure you might be able to stand on the contractual claim that there's no agreement, but there's collateral claims that makes squeezing customers for a few grand, pointless.

3. locals are...local. Forget the liability risk, bad PR in small towns or any city with more than one dealer, is risky business, right? Not only might you sour your buying community but you just expose yourself to competitive pressure from dealers who are literally only doing the bare minimum (i.e. not screwing people).

So...why? I just cannot wrap my head around it.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed! It was definitely Grapevine Ford!
I don't think this is accurate. Your original post sounds like the issue at Grand Prairie Ford.

There has been many reports of owners picking up their vehicles from Grapevine Ford at MSRP. I know the director there and charging 10K ADM on a new Bronco doesn't align with their principles. I would ask you to doublecheck your resource as it has been well-documented that Grand Prairie Ford is in the business of charging ADM on Bronco's. I hate to see another misinformation campaign based on 'he said/she said'.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have a certain amount of time to claim your reserved Bronco before the dealer can sell it? If I've made contact with my dealer once my reserved Bronco arrives and they don't give it to me at the stated price I'm not going to release it for sale. Isn't it technically my Bronco since it's reserved in my name? They can't change names on the reservations so how can they sell it without you releasing your reservation?

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s 10.25% in Chicago. As much as I love the city of my birth I don’t miss that nor the politics.
Understand that! I didn't realize the city had a 10.25% tax rate. Yikes.

I'm out in DuPage county, so sales tax is 7% or very close to that the last I checked. Politics is simply a given in this country. The small town I grew up in has the same garbage, just on a much smaller scale. I think no matter what, elected officials/local municipality managers play nepotism and good ol boys club with purchases/contract awards. I've seen it in small town America and the burbs, no area seems to be immune from this crap.

Little ol me, I just do what I can to live a positive life away from the chaos of politics since it's been around well before this country and will be around after I'm gone.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hearing stuff like this makes me grateful that I worked for a generally ethical dealership some years ago. Never would we have done something like that to a customer's custom order. I'm glad Granger has been getting positive reviews so I can finally get over my trust issues about this.
Yep, as I stated just under a year ago to the naysayers bad-mouthing Granger and that I would be waiting forever, the money savings was secondary to not having to stress that some shenanigans were going to be performed by them before delivery or when I went to pick it up. that peace of mind was worth more to me (and still is) than the four or so grand off MSRP. The extra waiting, should it occur, is not going to be stress-filled about it being sold out from under me, not worried a bit that the agreed upon price will change, no concerns about a $499 paint protecting wax or anything other than if I get my Maid-rite sandwich or if I go for the tenderloin for lunch.

Relax my friend, Granger will treat you with the respect a human being deserves.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think this is accurate. Your original post sounds like the issue at Grand Prairie Ford.

There has been many reports of owners picking up their vehicles from Grapevine Ford at MSRP. I know the director there and charging 10K ADM on a new Bronco doesn't align with their principles. I would ask you to doublecheck your resource as it has been well-documented that Grand Prairie Ford is in the business of charging ADM on Bronco's. I hate to see another misinformation campaign based on 'he said/she said'.
Ok, checking with the man that gave me the info...waiting on a reply...he just replied. He misspoke, it is Grand Prairie! Editing my post now!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a certain amount of time to claim your reserved Bronco before the dealer can sell it?
No. They can sell it right away.
If I've made contact with my dealer once my reserved Bronco arrives and they don't give it to me at the stated price I'm not going to release it for sale.
They don't need you to release it...it is theirs until you buy it form them.
Isn't it technically my Bronco since it's reserved in my name?
Not at all. They own it and are selling it.
They can't change names on the reservations so how can they sell it without you releasing your reservation?
They can sell it to whom they wish...at a time they wish. The only recourse is through Ford, who will penalize them if they sell more than 20% to people other than those who reserved.

Your ability to buy it is based on you having an agreement to do so with your dealer, and whether they abide by it. If it is a binding agreement, then you are in a better situation.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. They can sell it right away.

They don't need you to release it...it is theirs until you buy it form them.

Not at all. They own it and are selling it.

They can sell it to whom they wish...at a time they wish. The only recourse is through Ford, who will penalize them if they sell more than 20% to people other than those who reserved.

Your ability to buy it is based on you having an agreement to do so with your dealer, and whether they abide by it. If it is a binding agreement, then you are in a better situation.
Then I don't understand the point of a reservation. They should have just made the cars, shipped them to the dealers and let it be a free for all! :mad: Thanks for the clarification @Gamecock.
Sponsored