Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure the dealer I picked for no other reason than it's 5 min from my house appears to be very honorable and up front, even giving me x-plan. They also recently sold a rejected order at MSRP to a forum member here, even delivered it 90 miles to his location.

I hope non of you get sucker punched like this, mark up on a special custom order is just not ok.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the guys that was in my group at the offroadeo was pissed because when he wnt to the dealership to pick up his bronco, it went from 49k to 69k, he refused to pay that and 2 days later was sold to someone else.

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure the dealer I picked for no other reason than it's 5 min from my house appears to be very honorable and up front, even giving me x-plan. They also recently sold a rejected order at MSRP to a forum member here, even delivered it 90 miles to his location.

I hope non of you get sucker punched like this, mark up on a special custom order is just not ok.

Good luck!
I had to search for a dealer who wouldn't charge adm

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im telling you right now.. If my bronco gets marked up im walking. I really dont care. Let me go back... Im walking away after i lose my :poop: on everyone in the dealership. I'll let yall know if its available in two weeks or not

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need to figure out how to get publications to publish who these dealers are. The only way to stop this nonsense is to put a risk for them to lose customers. A master list of shady dealers!

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Request your dealer provide and SIGN a Retail Sales Order (or equivalent) if you haven't already. As far as I can tell a Preview Order would not constitute any legitimate price agreement as it states clearly that it is not an invoice nor does it include any details of additional expense (i.e. - tax, fees, etc.).

I took the advice of some of this forum to have my dealer send me a final RSO before delivery, signed, to establish the rate and agree to it mutually to prevent issues. I had one originally back in March after my 1st submitted order but after many changes I requested a new one and thankfully my dealer held their end of the original commitment.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went by my dealer today just to see if he had any info on when we might convert my order to a 22. He told me about Grand Prairie Ford in Texas. A woman went in to pick up her Bronco. When she arrived someone was test driving her Bronco. Dealer told her it was 10K over MSRP, if she wanted it that's what it was going to be. If she didn't they were going to sell it to the people test driving it for that price. She obviously got angry and left. Came back the next day to discuss the situation and they already sold it. She now has a lawyer and is suing them. Apparently they did it again to another customer! He also told me that his rep told him that the higher ups at Ford are not happy about these kinds of stories. Also, that Bronco that sold at auction for 126k really pissed them off! So, I guess we can do our part by passing the word about bad dealers. So, stay away from Grand Prairie FORD IN TEXAS!
EDIT: I just talked to the guy that gave me this info and he misspoke. It was GRAND PRAIRIE FORD NOT GRAPEVINE!

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure my wife will have to go pick up our Bronco when it comes in. Because I will go to jail if after all this crap we've been through and I walk into the dealership to find out they sold it out from under me!?!?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went by my dealer today just to see if he had any info on when we might convert my order to a 22. He told me about Grapevine Ford in Texas. A woman went in to pick up her Bronco. When she arrived someone was test driving her Bronco. Dealer told her it was 10K over MSRP, if she wanted it that's what it was going to be. If she didn't they were going to sell it to the people test driving it for that price. She obviously got angry and left. Came back the next day to discuss the situation and they already sold it. She now has a lawyer and is suing them. Apparently they did it again to another customer! He also told me that his rep told him that the higher ups at Ford are not happy about these kinds of stories. Also, that Bronco that sold at auction for 126k really pissed them off! So, I guess we can do our part by passing the word about bad dealers. So, stay away from GRAPEVINE FORD IN TEXAS!
That’s a sad story, but I don’t believe that anyone @Ford is upset at all. Are they upset enough to forgo their morning danish and leave the comfort of their C suite office and pay a visit to these masters of representation of their beloved brand? Of course they are not. What will they do? They may not like it when Joe Shmo flips his Bronco and makes a profit off of their backs ( see Ford GT) but they NEED their dealers to make money, and they don’t care how they do it I can assure you of that!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went by my dealer today just to see if he had any info on when we might convert my order to a 22. He told me about Grapevine Ford in Texas.
Just want to clarify and make sure that it wasn't Grand Prairie Ford. I would hate to see a similar situation happen again down here. These dealerships are giving us Texans a bad rap. Although, I have been to that Grapevine dealership a few times and it would not surprise me one bit.
Sponsored