Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a 2019 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 2.5 leveling kit
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered mine thru Don Davis Ford, the sales manger said that Ford was involved in the Grand Prairie situation. I didnt know about Grapevine, I would be surprised if Sam Pack doesnt mark up.
Sponsored

hotrodjohn

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1975 Bronco Ranger, 1975 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went by my dealer today just to see if he had any info on when we might convert my order to a 22. He told me about Grapevine Ford in Texas. A woman went in to pick up her Bronco. When she arrived someone was test driving her Bronco. Dealer told her it was 10K over MSRP, if she wanted it that's what it was going to be. If she didn't they were going to sell it to the people test driving it for that price. She obviously got angry and left. Came back the next day to discuss the situation and they already sold it. She now has a lawyer and is suing them. Apparently they did it again to another customer! He also told me that his rep told him that the higher ups at Ford are not happy about these kinds of stories. Also, that Bronco that sold at auction for 126k really pissed them off! So, I guess we can do our part by passing the word about bad dealers. So, stay away from GRAPEVINE FORD IN TEXAS!
I dont think this is accurate. I got mine from Grapevine Ford and there was no attempt to charge above MSRP. This MSRP is exactly what they told me when they called me about placing the order. They also didnt let anyone test drive it. It was an excellent transaction. This sounds like the story that was on here about Grand Prairie Ford, not Grapevine Ford.

Last edited:

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have an issue with a dealer charging ADM IF they are up front about it when you are ordering. Letting someone order and never even discussing price, then adding it when it arrives is shady.

If I was Ford, I would have come to Jesus talk with my dealers. Because I can tell you if a dealer did this to me, I would touch the brand again.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t have an issue with a dealer charging ADM IF they are up front about it when you are ordering. Letting someone order and never even discussing price, then adding it when it arrives is shady.

If I was Ford, I would have come to Jesus talk with my dealers. Because I can tell you if a dealer did this to me, I would touch the brand again.
The bolded part is the key! For both my Bronco and Maverick, the dealer had me sign the DORA, include an ADM on the Bronco, (small, but still... But its small enough that its still less than what missing a day of work would cost me to go to a dealership not doing one.), and they signed as well.

A friend from school is an attorney who explained how its considered a binding agreement on the price itself should you purchase it when it arrives. It's NOT a purchase agreement, just a price guarantee for the vehicle itself, but all the other fees are either optional by the customer (add'l coverages, service plans), disclosed by the dealer (doc fees, electronic filing fees, etc.), or controlled by the state (tax, title fee, tag).

At the end of the day, it's really about customer service in some way. Good dealerships can (not that they should) add ADMs all day if they make customers feel welcomed and treat them right enough the markup is justified. Those being bullish are not doing themselves any favors as bad reviews travel fast, and the internet helps people shop further away for a better deal from a dealership that continues customer rapport after the sale. The best compliment a dealership gets is a repeat customer.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one good thing about this long wait is my excitement has died off a lot and I'm fully prepared to walk if they try to to pull anything. It's just unfortunate that even when you make a stand the next guy will give them what they ask.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I won’t pay it but if the dealers are able to find some idiot that will pay a nickel over MSRP for a mass produced car then let them.

It won’t change, nor does it need to, it’s been happening for as long as things have been sold.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what my dealer in Morgan Hill CA. Sent me .

20210917_100605.jpg

20210917_100732.jpg

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the guys that was in my group at the offroadeo was pissed because when he wnt to the dealership to pick up his bronco, it went from 49k to 69k, he refused to pay that and 2 days later was sold to someone else.
Without him buying, I don't think Ford will reimburse him for the Off Roadeo ether. Just another kick in the sack.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hearing stuff like this makes me grateful that I worked for a generally ethical dealership some years ago. Never would we have done something like that to a customer's custom order. I'm glad Granger has been getting positive reviews so I can finally get over my trust issues about this.

Sponsored

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need to figure out how to get publications to publish who these dealers are. The only way to stop this nonsense is to put a risk for them to lose customers. A master list of shady dealers!
I believe this is where I got my list from. It is how I found this site.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just want to clarify and make sure that it wasn't Grand Prairie Ford. I would hate to see a similar situation happen again down here. These dealerships are giving us Texans a bad rap. Although, I have been to that Grapevine dealership a few times and it would not surprise me one bit.
Agreed! It was definitely Grapevine Ford!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands