Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious as to why I keep seeing 2 doors as being possible commodity restraint? Has it got to do with 2 door hard tops?
I am curious on this as well. I don't see any reason why the Bronco wouldn't follow Jeep take rates somewhat closely which would put the 2-door quite low in orders along with the manual transmission. Only thing I can think of is that the earliest reservations are rabid diehards and most of them want the two door. Or Ford is just planning on making fewer of them at a time as compared to 4-door, but that doesn't seem likely.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just pulled the first transcript from the when-will-I-get-my-Bronco commodity discussions...

“John has 6 apples. Sally used to have 14 windows. How hot is the surface of the sun?”
Grapes! Because fish don't look at the color 9!

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I finally brought myself to accept the MIC top to get my Bronco this year, this information comes out.
I am not going to change my trim, skip the 2-door or 2.7.
I might as well get the top I wanted now being I might have to wait anyway.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As to the hard to get commodities, Ford doesn't know yet, they gave us estimates based on what they're seeing, but until the orders are in, its just a guess. I know one of the Ford videos on youtube talked about being surprised on the number of 2 door reservations, so that's my guess on that issue. As to the rest, early buyers tend to go high end, not just on Bronco, but on most new/redesigned models. For this reason, I think it's safe to say all the high end options will likely end up on the commodity list.

Next issue is what this means, some options will be big wait times, some will likely mean a couple weeks delay. My guess is Sasquatch will be a big delay, and others like Luxury pkg could be a small delay (this is MY GUESS, not based on anything Ford said in the meeting)

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you have one camp that believes the high margin items will be built as soon as possible (OBX, BL, WT) and then theres the other camp that believes the easiest low level trims will be built first. Seems like a conundrum for sure.
Never really understood the argument either way. They're going to build what they have the parts for as closely as they can to the reservation lists. A stripped down Base and a fully loaded Badlands are still made from 85-90ish% identical parts. The first model year and some part of the second is sold out. They'll have plenty of the high, low and everything in between models on the street before anyone can walk in and buy one.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well you have one camp that believes the high margin items will be built as soon as possible (OBX, BL, WT) and then theres the other camp that believes the easiest low level trims will be built first. Seems like a conundrum for sure.
More and more likely it seems like it's going to be, "What do we have in the parts bin today? Well, throw it on the line already!"

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As to the hard to get commodities
Nathan...any rumors or guesses as to MOD top being available Juneish??...or Septemberish??

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yay! Thank you for the update. Can’t wait to finally get this order done.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nathan...any rumors or guesses as to MOD top being available Juneish??...or Septemberish??
They didn't say when, other than mid year 2021, my guess would be October production since thats mid year, but that's just a guess.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Next issue is what this means, some options will be big wait times, some will likely mean a couple weeks delay. My guess is Sasquatch will be a big delay, and others like Luxury pkg could be a small delay (this is MY GUESS, not based on anything Ford said in the meeting)
Appears any 2dr V6 Squatch is in for quite a wait. Very much appreciate the update/input . Thanks!

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whew, was just starting to dip into Wrangler builds with all the “orders delayed till summer” rumors, glad I’ve been sucked back in.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model