George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer I placed my order with got their demo last week and informed me they aren’t allowing test drives because a few others dealers had their demo Broncos wrecked. And over the weekends they’re planning to display their demo at the local mall. Another local dealer I spoke to informed me they are only allowing test drives if you’ve placed the order with them. Tough luck I guess. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer I placed my order with got their demo last week and informed me they aren’t allowing test drives because a few others dealers had their demo Broncos wrecked. And over the weekends they’re planning to display their demo at the local mall. Another local dealer I spoke to informed me they are only allowing test drives if you’ve placed the order with them. Tough luck I guess. Any suggestions?
Ranked by effort / cost:

Easiest: Keep calling around and find a dealer that is allowing test drives, don't tell them you have a reservation with a different dealer though.

Medium: Place $100 res at the dealer allowing test drives. Drive. Cancel reservation.

Hardest: Go to off-roadeo

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're lying and just want to sell it with low miles in 6 months. I got one asshole dealership doing the same thing here but found another that's a bit closer that just got in a Sasquatch BB that will let me drive it. I have plans to go Saturday.

Folks like me hold a grudge and dealership 1 is automatic do not do business with list now.

OP
OP
Gcardieri

Gcardieri

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're lying and just want to sell it with low miles in 6 months. I got one asshole dealership doing the same thing here but found another that's a bit closer that just got in a Sasquatch BB that will let me drive it. I have plans to go Saturday.

Folks like me hold a grudge and dealership 1 is automatic do not do business with list now.
Yep, I regret ordering from this dealer now. But I’m stuck if I want to keep my place in line.

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the rule on those demo/mannequins for the dealer to sell is either wait 6 months or incur 5,000 miles… can’t sell “new” with 5,000 miles on the odometer. Most bang for their buck is a viewing model.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is happening all over.
Best chance is to find a dealer somewhere (even if it ends up being a fun "day trip" to get there) that allows it, get on their list.

One local dealer here has a 2Dr White BanksSquatch in the showroom. You can check it out, sit in it, climb all over...but not drive it. I took the kids who have not seen it in person yet to check it out yesterday.

Another has one but it is in their body shop getting repaired after a "test drive incident". Once out, there are more than 100 people in front of me in line to drive it "Call and get on the list, make an appointment and we can take it around the block".

Is what it is. Both of those options are better than the whole "GM is driving it daily and not allowing anyone else to even look at it up close or sit in it."
There's those stories as well.

Last edited:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tell the second dealership that you're interested in the Bronco and you'll place an order with them if you like the vehicle but you'd have to test drive it first. Just don't allude to having an existing res.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One local dealer has their Mannequin, a Big Bend 4 door. They already have a 10,000 ADM on it. You can look, but not drive.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer isn’t allowing test drives either, but I still test drove it. The people after me were PISSED though when the sales manager told them no. It was hilarious.. probably not so much for them.

I have a VIN and a build date a week away (supposedly) so they let me take it out for a bit.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer in Cumming, GA is allowing test drives at $200 a day 150 miles. I rented it for 2 days at the lower price before they changed it

BC9F314D-AC07-4B7C-8018-19001E9CB7AD.jpeg
Sponsored