Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my bronco recently. The dealer has a two door badlands in the showroom. After the weekend was over I emailed him a few questions- one of which was “can I schedule a test drive?”. His answer was “the mannequin is not and will not be driveable”.
Of course I know his boss is purchasing it- he told me when I was ordering.
I would be turning him in to Ford. The mannequin is FOR demo's not some bigshot getting one quick
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be turning him in to Ford. The mannequin is FOR demo's not some bigshot getting one quick
My understanding is that the dealers aren’t required to allow test drives. However, it was a little off-putting to basically be told no because the manager is buying that one.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that the dealers aren’t required to allow test drives. However, it was a little off-putting to basically be told no because the manager is buying that one.
I didn't see any verbage about them not having to allow test drives.
First of all if a dealer didn't allow me or others to test drive it, they can kiss my a$$ and I would take my business elsewhere.
Second if I found out they were holding it for a manager I would also take my business elsewhere.
Lot's of shady dealers around. It seems like some are having a bunch of their employees order multiple Broncos.. so they get more inventory to sell

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer I placed my order with got their demo last week and informed me they aren’t allowing test drives because a few others dealers had their demo Broncos wrecked. And over the weekends they’re planning to display their demo at the local mall. Another local dealer I spoke to informed me they are only allowing test drives if you’ve placed the order with them. Tough luck I guess. Any suggestions?
Looks like you’re in Tucson? I test drove a Badlands 2.3 manual in Scottsdale at Autonation Ford and they also had a Wildtrack with the 2.7. My order is with my local dealer in Flagstaff. Not sure if you feel it’s worth the trip for you. I just happened to be in the area for a weekend trip to visit family. I really enjoyed the test drive.

OP
OP
Gcardieri

Gcardieri

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you’re in Tucson? I test drove a Badlands 2.3 manual in Scottsdale at Autonation Ford and they also had a Wildtrack with the 2.7. My order is with my local dealer in Flagstaff. Not sure if you feel it’s worth the trip for you. I just happened to be in the area for a weekend trip to visit family. I really enjoyed the test drive.
Yep, I’m in Tucson. Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got a manual ordered so that’s the one I really want to test drive. Conveniently I’ll be in Phoenix tomorrow.

youseriousclark

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door Badlands/2.7/Lux/Oxford White
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh shit thank you! I live in Centennial and did not know this. Gonna try this weekend.
Schomp Ford in Aurora is allowing test drives also! Just did one this morning. They have a 2 door automatic Outer Banks with Sasquatch and a 4 door manual Badlands. Call and ask for Fred, he’s the man.
Sponsored