First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1977 Datsun 280z
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer is adding an additional 1500 to my invoice. And I'm not happy about it. This is after waiting almost 2 years and not getting the AnitMatter Blue because of it being discontinued "due to low interest".

I initially pre ordered in the summer of 2020 and then put in the initial order in March of 2021. That base price was 36050 plus destination charges for a total of 37545. Then in Oct of 2021 I was asked to come in and revise the order because my truck was now going to be a 2022. I did and the new price was 36450 and the bumper which was standard on the 2021 was now a 575 option, but I was told that the increases would not apply and that I would be given price protection (I would get 975 off the price when I bought my truck).

Fast foward to this week and my truck has finally made it to the dealer. I go in ready to pay and pick it up and now I'm told that the final price is 2475 more than the original order price and price protection will only cover 975 (the amount of the first increase) leaving me to cover the additional 1500. The dealer keeps telling me that FORD is to blame and that its what FORD is charging and there is nothing they can do about it. (Bullshit)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I threw up a pic I took of it last night. It's a beauty! 2 Door Black Diamond in Eruption Green.

IMG_8268.jpeg
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Start by searching "price protection" and educating yourself before going into the dealership.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if it were me... I'd be a little annoyed, but let's face it, this entire reservation / order process has been nothing but annoying. But I'd take the Bronco, be annoyed, and pay the additional $1500 and drive away and tell myself, damn! I'm glad that's over!!

Now on to enjoying the vehicle I've waited more than 2 years to own.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if it were me... I'd be a little annoyed, but let's face it, this entire reservation / order process has been nothing but annoying. But I'd take the Bronco, be annoyed, and pay the additional $1500 and drive away and tell myself, damn! I'm glad that's over!!

That’s about it. And hope this dealer model goes away soon. It’s a damn mess. Gives Ford and the dealer the ability to just point at the other guy. They are criminals for how they act. But you have it right get it and just go enjoy and let karma get them

Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like a concern I had before I went in to pick up my truck. Ford reimburses the dealership 30-45 days after the sale as long as the dealer sells to the car to the person who ordered it. It is a policy Ford has on their website. It was also in a notice sent to the dealership.

Reactions: TUO

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We do (if we fall within certain perimeters have 100% price protection). The OP needs to find the documentation and show it to the Dealer. If they still won't fix it.....pay the extra $1,500.00, let them know that it is with objection and then AFTERWARDS....file a claim with Ford. In other words; get the Bronco in your hands before they refuse to sell it to him and deal with the 1500 later.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great build OP!

Dealer is trying to squeeze that price protection rebate for themselves basically. Give them the program # @Raptor911 provided above. Good luck.
Sponsored

Reactions: TUO