Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which vehicle?
I understand now - when I got my 7/14/20 res, I built a WT. I guess they use that regardless of what you ordered. WT is $695
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1977 Datsun 280z
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would understand now - when I got my 7/14/20 res, I originally built a WT. I guess they use that regardless of what you ordered. WT is $695
That makes sense.

OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer is adding an additional 1500 to my invoice. And I'm not happy about it. This is after waiting almost 2 years and not getting the AnitMatter Blue because of it being discontinued "due to low interest".

I initially pre ordered in the summer of 2020 and then put in the initial order in March of 2021. That base price was 36050 plus destination charges for a total of 37545. Then in Oct of 2021 I was asked to come in and revise the order because my truck was now going to be a 2022. I did and the new price was 36450 and the bumper which was standard on the 2021 was now a 575 option, but I was told that the increases would not apply and that I would be given price protection (I would get 975 off the price when I bought my truck).

Fast foward to this week and my truck has finally made it to the dealer. I go in ready to pay and pick it up and now I'm told that the final price is 2475 more than the original order price and price protection will only cover 975 (the amount of the first increase) leaving me to cover the additional 1500. The dealer keeps telling me that FORD is to blame and that its what FORD is charging and there is nothing they can do about it. (Bullshit)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_8268.jpeg

I threw up a pic I took of it last night. It's a beauty! 2 Door Black Diamond in Eruption Green.
* * * * * * * UPDATE * * * * * * *

So After a lot of back and forth we both agreed to the original pricing. Most of the confusion may have come from Ford's lack of consistency when in comes to how they are handling the price protection. With my Bronco the initial price increase was offset by an instant rebate in the form of a certificate that was applied to the price before the sale. The second price increase will be refunded back to the dealer in the form of a check and then will be forwarded to me. I'm not a huge fan of this procedure and I'm not sure why it has to go first to the dealer but I did get it in writing that the dealer would cut me a check once they received the reimbursement from Ford.

So I have the truck and I love it. I looks great and it's fun to drive. The only remaining issue is having to make sure the dealer makes good on the last $1500. Keep your fingers crossed for me. lol

nielsens2001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those impacted by MY22.5 price increase here’s my experience. Took delivery from George Wall, Red Bank NJ on 4/13. No one (e.g. salesperson, GM or owner) had heard of the MY22.5 price protection program (38446) & would not look into this nor call their regional lead. Did leave w a signed letter stating they would cut me a check if/when they receive. As time goes on, dealership stops all comms. Finally wrote to the entire mgmt team - get a response saying am not entitled because I would have needed to change an option/trim post increase to qualify. REALLY… that’s there interpretation (they could have Googled to see this is not accurate) so am out now $1,750 and they again ceased all communication. Considering calling 7 on Your Side.

OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You need to stay on them. You can also file a complaint with Ford. Not sure what that will do but it never hurts to send a letter to a big wig. Best of luck.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly what happened to me, except my black diamond is black not eruption green which looks awesome.
Word for word I must add.
Basically, tough cookies
Sponsored