First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1977 Datsun 280z
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are two different pieces to the price protection.

If you ordered before 3/21 you get the initial price protection (it's a certificate) and there is additional price protection for the MY22-MY22.5 that's reimbursed by Ford to the dealer.

They are different and handled differently.

We ordered in 12/21 - so we didn't qualify for the first price protection. However an order that wasn't changed after March '22 - gets the MY22-MY22.5 price protection. I have a signed buyer's order from when we ordered ours in 12/21. Once we got our window sticker, it was exactly $1500 higher than the initial order.

Dealer told me some dealers are waiting 30-45 days, until THEY get reimbursed by Ford.
Our dealer just credited it up front.

Thing is, Ford is trying to prevent dealers from double dipping. You ordered a Bronco. Dealer offers you say $5K to walk away (I've seen it happen). They sell it with $15K ADM. Then they try to get the price protection. So now the deal closes and goes into Ford's system. IF the buyer matches the name of the person who ordered - the dealer gets credited ($1500 in my case with a BB 2dr) and it gets send along from the dealer to the customer.
I just got off the phone with them and they are telling me that for some reason my name didn't trigger the second 1500 price protection but it did "trigger" the first one. I'm not sure how i could get the first one but not the second. I'm just tired of the BS and will never do business with them after this transaction is complete.
Sponsored

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was hoping to find. It's much appreciated.
Just be careful they don’t sell it from under you. I have heard of people walking off the lot and the dealer selling the vehicle bc the purchaser walked off the lot refusing purchase

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This price protection stuff, changes, certificates and all this other crap is so damn stupid. Ford chat can't even tell me how much price protection I have even after providing a VIN. They said ask dealer and dealer says they won't know until sale finalized. How the hell am I supposed to know my TOTAL price and how much my certified bank check down payment and check from my CU are supposed to be? I'm buying the thing 4 states away ffs.

Ford sucks.

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got off the phone with them and they are telling me that for some reason my name didn't trigger the second 1500 price protection but it did "trigger" the first one. I'm not sure how i could get the first one but not the second. I'm just tired of the BS and will never do business with them after this transaction is complete.
That’s not how that works. It gets paid on their parts statement. If they read the bulletins from Ford (which have been posted here) they know the dollar amount. It takes a little more work and trust that Ford will pay it but it’s consistent. If you don’t get the discount at delivery you probably never will. Do what you want but that’s the drill.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
People really need to educate themselves, a Ford dealer isn't necessarily going to be your friend.

There are two price changes that occurred. Your reservation gives you a certificate to protect you from the order to my2022 price change. Standard ford price protection gives the dealer a credit for the difference between the MY2022 price and the MY2022.5 price that they can only apply for once the vehicle is sold. They can choose to sell you the vehicle for the price assuming that credit or they can send you the money once it comes in. It would be unethical for them to keep that money for themselves.

Be careful when sighing any paperwork with the dealer, and make sure you have the price protection agreed to in writing because they could slip a rebate or price protection re-assignment document into the stack that has you assigning that money back to the dealer. Normally they do that if they are giving you the credit upfront.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This price protection stuff, changes, certificates and all this other crap is so damn stupid. Ford chat can't even tell me how much price protection I have even after providing a VIN. They said ask dealer and dealer says they won't know until sale finalized. How the hell am I supposed to know my TOTAL price and how much my certified bank check down payment and check from my CU are supposed to be? I'm buying the thing 4 states away ffs.

Ford sucks.
Couldn't agree more. But this is the way they all do it now. Everything is about fooling the consumer. The days of producing a good product and taking care of the consumer are over. It's sad.

OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People really need to educate themselves, a Ford dealer isn't necessarily going to be your friend.

There are two price changes that occurred. Your reservation gives you a certificate to protect you from the order to my2022 price change. Standard ford price protection gives the dealer a credit for the difference between the MY2022 price and the MY2022.5 price that they can only apply for once the vehicle is sold. They can choose to sell you the vehicle for the price assuming that credit or they can send you the money once it comes in. It would be unethical for them to keep that money for themselves.

Be careful when sighing any paperwork with the dealer, and make sure you have the price protection agreed to in writing because they could slip a rebate or price protection re-assignment document into the stack that has you assigning that money back to the dealer. Normally they do that if they are giving you the credit upfront.
Thanks for the heads up. The system is definitely set up to keep you off balance and make you work for it. Sad. I think I have it worked out. Thanks for the info and the warning! Much appreciated.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the heads up. The system is definitely set up to keep you off balance and make you work for it. Sad. I think I have it worked out. Thanks for the info and the warning! Much appreciated.
Let us know how it goes… and a pic or two.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They used my certificate number which I obtained from Ford and subtracted the money right then and there. No “ pay now and you will get reimbursed” BS.
From where at Ford did you get a cert #? I got customer service on chat and was told they don't have access to that info

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you qualified for a certificate you can get it from ford or the dealer can find it in their system.
Not everyone qualifies for a certificate.

This post has all the details, and it is quite complex as it depends for most people.
https://thebronconation.com/my22-mi...s-changing-who-has-price-protection-and-more/
I qualify for the price protections. Who at Ford? I'd rather not bring up price again with the dealer until delivery. I have a signed agreement and an assurance that I will get it at MSRP. I'd like to have cert info in hand when we close the deal. Appreciate the guidance

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love this explanation and how/what to say to your dealer so they can find the info.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I qualify for the price protections. Who at Ford? I'd rather not bring up price again with the dealer until delivery. I have a signed agreement and an assurance that I will get it at MSRP. I'd like to have cert info in hand when we close the deal. Appreciate the guidance
There are two types of price protection that Ford has offered those that order broncos.

One is for those that ordered before March 2021. This price protection is provided via a certificate that ford issues to the dealers to apply to specific vin numbers which they can assign at sale of the vehicle.

The other price protection is for those that ordered after March 2021 and is the Standard Ford price protection. There is no certificate, instead, it is a process that the dealer applies for after the sale of the vehicle.

Read the webpage I linked you to. You will have to figure it out from there.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are two types of price protection that Ford has offered those that order broncos.

One is for those that ordered before March 2021. This price protection is provided via a certificate that ford issues to the dealers to apply to specific vin numbers which they can assign at sale of the vehicle.

The other price protection is for those that ordered after March 2021 and is the Standard Ford price protection. There is no certificate, instead, it is a process that the dealer applies for after the sale of the vehicle.

Read the webpage I linked you to. You will have to figure it out from there.
Ahh, nevermind. You are answering a question I didn't ask. I know about the mechanics of the price protection.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love this explanation and how/what to say to your dealer so they can find the info.
That video covers price protection for everyone but those that should be getting the certificates for the reservations and order dates prior to March 2021. The Certificates provide additional price protection.
Sponsored