MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From where at Ford did you get a cert #? I got customer service on chat and was told they don't have access to that info
Called the Bronco phone number. Spoke to a rep and once I supplied them with my reservation/ order number they gave me the certificate number. At the dealership I gave them the number and the total cost was adjusted per the price protection.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just purchased Saturday. Non Res but ordered in ā€˜21. Walked in and they had my paperwork ready at MSRP that matched my DORA. My window sticker had the 22.5 price increase which was, I think, $1350 more than my DORA. It was seriously the easiest car buying transaction I have ever experienced. Didnā€™t have to provide anything. May be different for a res that went through two increases.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Called the Bronco phone number. Spoke to a rep and once I supplied them with my reservation/ order number they gave me the certificate number. At the dealership I gave them the number and the total cost was adjusted per the price protection.
That's what most people seem to be missing. It doesn't help that Ford made this convoluted as all get out.....

IF you have a reservation / order BEFORE March of '21 - you are eligible for TWO different price protection amounts.

- The initial MY21-MY22 price increase (that's the certificate the dealer can look up in the system)
- The MY22-22.5 price increase is different.

So IF you ordered before March '21 - you get the first price protection amount (they ARE separate)

To get the second price protection amount (MY22-MY22.5 price increase) you must meet the following conditions : Your order was NOT changed after March '22.

So if you qualified for the first price protection (certificate) you will qualify for the second. BUT it's NOT a certificate in the Ford System.

The dealer can CHOOSE to give you that price protection up front in your deal (mine did) - BUT Ford SPECIFIES that the sale must close and be posted to Ford's system. IF the name of the person who BOUGHT the Bronco matches the person who ORDERED the Bronco - then 30-45 days AFTER the sale, the dealer is reimbursed that price protection amount and they are supposed to send it along to the customer.

Again, two different dealer GMs I spoke to said this was done by Ford in response (not defending it - it's a goofy setup) to dealers selling original reservation / orders with ADM on their LOT, THEN getting the second price protection on the back end.

HTH

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what most people seem to be missing. It doesn't help that Ford made this convoluted as all get out.....

IF you have a reservation / order BEFORE March of '21 - you are eligible for TWO different price protection amounts.

- The initial MY21-MY22 price increase (that's the certificate the dealer can look up in the system)
- The MY22-22.5 price increase is different.

So IF you ordered before March '21 - you get the first price protection amount (they ARE separate)

To get the second price protection amount (MY22-MY22.5 price increase) you must meet the following conditions : Your order was NOT changed after March '22.

So if you qualified for the first price protection (certificate) you will qualify for the second. BUT it's NOT a certificate in the Ford System.

The dealer can CHOOSE to give you that price protection up front in your deal (mine did) - BUT Ford SPECIFIES that the sale must close and be posted to Ford's system. IF the name of the person who BOUGHT the Bronco matches the person who ORDERED the Bronco - then 30-45 days AFTER the sale, the dealer is reimbursed that price protection amount and they are supposed to send it along to the customer.

Again, two different dealer GMs I spoke to said this was done by Ford in response (not defending it - it's a goofy setup) to dealers selling original reservation / orders with ADM on their LOT, THEN getting the second price protection on the back end.

HTH
Ford provided me with a ā€œ certificate numberā€ ( their terminology) via telephone. At the dealership I provided the certificate number and the price was corrected. Can dealers do this without the customer providing proof of price protection? I guess they can. Will I ever rely on a dealership acting in my best interest? Nope. Show up prepared.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford provided me with a ā€œ certificate numberā€ ( their terminology) via telephone. At the dealership I provided the certificate number and the price was corrected. Can dealers do this without the customer providing proof of price protection? I guess they can. Will I ever rely on a dealership acting in my best interest? Nope. Show up prepared.
That's what I'm trying to explain - the 'certificate' number was for the initial price protection. When did you take delivery? If it was before March '22 - the second price protection doesn't even apply. The price hike (MY22-MY22.5) occurred in March.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I'm trying to explain - the 'certificate' number was for the initial price protection. When did you take delivery? If it was before March '22 - the second price protection doesn't even apply. The price hike (MY22-MY22.5) occurred in March.
March 12 2022 delivery. My invoice was the October 21 agreed order price ( sticker ) after the 2021 price lock deduction. I paid exactly what the sticker would have been had I bought the vehicle in Oct 21. ( I was a 8/2020 reservation). I didnā€™t understand you were referring to the second price hike scenario. Gotcha.

OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1977 Datsun 280z
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From where at Ford did you get a cert #? I got customer service on chat and was told they don't have access to that info
Call this number and they can help you... 800-334-4375 It's Ford Marketing Team that is handling the fall out. lol The guy I spoke to today was very helpful.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call this number and they can help you... 800-334-4375 It's Ford Marketing Team that is handling the fall out. lol The guy I spoke to today was very helpful.
Ty

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the info I needed - much appreciated. Only thing here is that the certificate was for a lower amount than what was communicated. I was in a rush and didn't ask why. I might later on.

OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got the info I needed - much appreciated. Only thing here is that the certificate was for a lower amount than what was communicated. I was in a rush and didn't ask why. I might later on.
The price protection certificate they told you about only covers the price jump from model year 21 to 22, if you ordered before 3/19/21.

The price protection for the mid year (22 to 22 1/2) price jump (if you didn't make any last minute adjustments to the vehicle) will be credited back to the dealer by Ford once you complete the purchase. The dealer will then need to cut you a check. That's where it get's iffy.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
March 12 2022 delivery. My invoice was the October 21 agreed order price ( sticker ) after the 2021 price lock deduction. I paid exactly what the sticker would have been had I bought the vehicle in Oct 21. ( I was a 8/2020 reservation).
You got your Bronco in March so you didn't have to deal with the 2nd price increase. By the time Ford builds mine I'm anticipating a 3rd or 4th price increase.

Reactions: TUO

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The price protection certificate they told you about only covers the price jump from model year 21 to 22, if you ordered before 3/19/21.

The price protection for the mid year (22 to 22 1/2) price jump (if you didn't make any last minute adjustments to the vehicle) will be credited back to the dealer by Ford once you complete the purchase. The dealer will then need to cut you a check. That's where it get's iffy.
Yeah - the cert was supposed to be for $800+ for MY21 to MY22 according to Ford documentation. It is $695. Not complaining, just weird

OP
OP

TUO

Black Diamond
First Name
TUO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah - the cert was supposed to be for $800+ for MY21 to MY22 according to Ford documentation. It is $695. Not complaining, just weird
Which vehicle?