John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Apparently, every single one of those people would turn down an offer to buy their bronco at a profit.
Nope, most are just laughing at the "ready, fire, aim" approach the OP took to flipping it.
Sponsored

My_2021_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 f250 , 2000 f350 ,2006 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should have kept your mouth shut about butting it on eBay then the topic could be " How much money I made off of my 2021 Bronco I sold overseas or here whatever

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No sympathy for flippers. Pisses me off when dealers add ridiculous markups, pisses me off when people flip anything…..including my beloved bourbon! Never will I see a day when I can pay retail for Pappy Van Winkle….largely, because of effen FLIPPERS! 🥃 cheers
I’m ridin shotgun with you BigTex! Aiming out the widow and down the barrel brother! Cheers to you! 🥃

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what gets me. If it's a good friend of OP, he wouldn't be including him in this. The guy could be risking his livelihood and possibly litigation if the dealer becomes implicated in selling it to an exporter. That is blatant disregard for someone who trusts you at some level and risking his job to make a quick buck. I get that we all have sob stories and reasons for trying to make some extra cash, but that should never be at the risk of someone else's career.
At the point that I spoke with my friend, i had no idea what circumstances there were or how dealers felt about it

Sponsored

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off i would never had put something you PHYSICALLY dont have in possession on eBay. Once all the paper work was done then you could have put it up for sale.
I agree with this. There probably are legal issues to try and resale something as if you never had an intention of owning it but immediately flipping it. I only say this as my brother and I just sold our inherited family home through our local Realtor as well recommended and not a home " flipper ". We were told many 1(800) flippers don't buy your home before closing but reflip for a profit and get those cash funds to close as they never intended to own your home.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I see what's wrong with our country, confirmed by some of these responses.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine have always been negative, I think scalpers are scummy people who need to find better jobs. I don’t like people who pray on the excitement or weakness of others for their own profit. I’ve never understood a mentality of, “others want this really badly, maybe I can buy it first and then rip them off for a profit.” Why even get involved? Because you’re an asshole.

Anyways, I imagine the priority orders, top issues, dirt mountain and all the delays have helped others despise those who are choosing to sell a vehicle they now can’t even get for a profit.
Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco cC9UhJx0GlL4KakFJM

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't seen any answer to my question about the deal being done with financing and title meaning all state fees including sales tax paid. I'm wondering if OP was trying to "act" like a dealer and pay those fees in the new owners name to avoid those fee and taxes himself; otherwise there goes a lot of his profits.

At 10%-12% depending on the state (sales tax alone is almost 9% where I live) so all of your fees and taxes combined on a $40K vehicle is $4k to $5K plus. He says he has a check in hand and is paying interest, that sounds like one of those high interest loan used to purchase cars on ebay, those are more like credit cards in that the interest is high and starts immediately. A major auto lender would just send payment directly to the dealer.

There is a reason people need dealer licenses to do this and trying to be one without being one can get you into trouble. IF he bought it out right paying all fees and registering it in his name, then it becomes personal property that he can then sale as a used car for whatever price he can get, but those state taxes and fees have to be paid by him first.

oneshot

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
So Its all about Making Money , Not Really wanting a Bronco , Another Piece Of Shit , Good For The Dealer

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would also like to point out that the buyer never said anything about exporting. and neither did i. The buyer was a 4x4 collector. I realize that this could be a lie and im just being naive, but there are people that have done well for themselves and are willing to have the latest and greatest at whatever cost.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Weller reserve and Buffalo Trace are easy to come by here in Texas. The rest of the line at BTD is hard, not impossible, but hard. I have a pretty extensive collection…good enough to make ER and EH taylor and Weller 107 an every day drinker. Never have I sold any nor would I.
Sooo selling is out, what about gifting? Condolence gifting for those 99'd? Asking for a friend 😉
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.