BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won’t argue that Dave, but I’m sorry my friend, flipping products whether it’s Pappy, a Bronco, ar a PS5 is just a sleazy thing to do.

Sure, there are collectors who none of us care about or the rich, but there are plenty of guys who are hurt and disappointed by the developments with delays with the Bronco; I’m feeling for all of them, or all of us.

I’d never flip my Bronco, nor any other toy or whatever that I own to take advantage of some regular guy; I just can’t do that shit.

Sure, we may all sound silly as hell to those who don’t know, but who cares? We’re on an enthusiast forum for a reason; most of us actually give a damn about this vehicle; make of that whatever you wish, but we do.

Not just going to eat some guy wanting to take advantage of all of us. Same for dealerships too, but I’ve ranted enough about them on here in the past.

I am curious at to what you would actually do if you were in the OP's situation? OP is on the record stating that when he ordered he had no intention of flipping, life changed and he now see's it as an opportunity to provide a little extra for his family after a rough couple of years. Standing in these shoes, you wouldn't do the same? Selling something for a profit to a person who can afford it is in not taking advantage of someone. So, in this particular circumstance, you would walk away and allow the dealership to sell it for a profit instead?
Sponsored

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 Chrysler & Torrent GM
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would also like to say that i mean nothing negative to any bronco enthusiast by this post. I do feel for those that have not gotten theirs yet, and i'm sorry. i realize i am the lucky one and have turned my back on that. however, at the time i put my money on one i didn't need a new truck. about a month later i had to buy a new truck, so i just thought this would be a good way to help my family once i saw what was going on with them.
1st was your deal with the dealer to pay cash, or did you work out a finance? (I really don't care about that part( but can't that change your deal b/c they were making coin on your finance agreement?We heard you, you seen what was going on, right? AS we all did! You also are a member here,right? & YOU HEAR us for the last 13 mths & will be on going sadly up to 2023,Then you come here for pity, info and more so to RUB SALT INTO OUR WOUNDS!
Many ppl fell on hard times,especially durning the on going pandemic! If you knew you no longer needed your bronco, why didn't you step back?What you should have done was post it here AFTER YOU LEGITLY OWN IT
Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
You came to the wrong forum pal and PISSED many people off. You're literally rubbing SALT IN OUR WOUNDS. I don’t need to say anymore that the other members aren't already saying!
You do you, flipping flipper!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This was occurring at my dealership as well when I picked mine up this weekend. There was another Bronco in the show room and they were waiting for the gentleman to get back in town but the dealership was already involved in trying to stop the sale b/c they (ford) found it online at eBay even before he completed the final purchase, which I guess is a big no-no. I wish I could say what they called this type of deal, but they seem pretty confident he violated terms of the original agreement and they won’t have to sell it to him.
if ford is monitoring eBay sales, think about all the VINs on eBay that we haven't heard about! I think most eBay sales were for vehicles that weren't in hand.
I am curious at to what you would actually do if you were in the OP's situation? OP is on the record stating that when he ordered he had no intention of flipping, life changed and he now see's it as an opportunity to provide a little extra for his family after a rough couple of years. Standing in these shoes, you wouldn't do the same? Selling something for a profit to a person who can afford it is in not taking advantage of someone. So, in this particular circumstance, you would walk away and allow the dealership to sell it for a profit instead?
The point many are trying to make is very simple. Just wait until it's in your possession. Post pictures on eBay that you actually took. Don't sell something that you can't deliver at time of sale.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one seems mad; they just think the OP is a complete scumbag who took a reservation slot from someone to flip…and it’s cool that he may not get to flip it.
A scumbag for trying to flip a vehicle that he has what appears to be a legit a reservation for and put a deposit down for… c’mon man😂😂. Maybe not a wise choice to come to this forum for advice, but definitely not a scumbag.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I wrote was my perspective on the topic and gave a thorough explanation why I feel the way I do. It’s about character.

If something had changed and I couldn’t afford to take delivery, I’d just let it go and hope it was sold to someone who’d love it and wheel it as I would.

Someone has to stop the cycle. All I’m saying is why not start with myself? I’ll stand up to the ridicule, but hold firm that I wouldn’t flip anything.

Sort term money never solves anything. Easy come, easy go.

Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How is it greed if someone is willing to overpay for it? Not the seller’s fault.
Wow, this thread has reached new levels of bitterness and virtue signaling.

OP reserved a Bronco, realized it wasn't right for him financially and decided the best thing to do for him and and his family is to sell it. Yes, he should have taken possession of it first before listing it on ebay but he had a signed contract from the dealer.

GM at my dealership advised me if I didn't want my Oops Bronco to just buy it and flip it. Give the holier than thou damnation a break people. Y'all are embarrassing yourselves.
Yes, some of these forum members need to redirect that anger back to Ford.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He was “on record” stating that after he reserved it, he instead bought a truck, so this isn’t about not being able to afford the Bronco anymore, except to the extent one cannot afford two new cars. If I were in his shoes and bought the truck and “life changed” because I bought something different, I’d cancel the reservation/order on the Bronco. But, nope, the guy claiming hard times says he went and obtained a loan for this second vehicle he no longer needs.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was occurring at my dealership as well when I picked mine up this weekend. There was another Bronco in the show room and they were waiting for the gentleman to get back in town but the dealership was already involved in trying to stop the sale b/c they (ford) found it online at eBay even before he completed the final purchase, which I guess is a big no-no. I wish I could say what they called this type of deal, but they seem pretty confident he violated terms of the original agreement and they won’t have to sell it to him.
Looks like Ford is actively policing these potential resales. Good information, and makes sense.

I work for a Ford dealer in sales. I've read Ford's bulliten that was sent out in regards to resellers, exporters, etc.
I won't share that post here, as I'm not looking for any repercussions by sharing internal documents, but I'll tell you that they can and will face serious repercussions if they get caught in this.

Here is some customer facing info in regards to this it seems fine to share.

"If at any time the dealer determines that the customer does not intend to use the vehicle ordered
or sold for personal use or for customer’s business use (rental, commercial or government) or
that the customer has engaged in or intends to engage in the exporting or reselling of vehicles for
profit, the dealer reserves the right to cancel this purchase order or not extend any type of
incentive."

Sorry, friend. It's not "your" Bronco. Cancel your transaction, stop counting your unhatched chickens, and move on. You've lost nothing you were already in possession of, so I wouldn't be too upset.
Very helpful content there, kput. Don't want to get you in trouble, but any way you can share where that quote was pulled?

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sooo selling is out, what about gifting? Condolence gifting for those 99'd? Asking for a friend 😉
Haha…it’s the gift of choice to those I know well who enjoy the brown stuff.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If something had changed and I couldn’t afford to take delivery, I’d just let it go and hope it was sold to someone who’d love it and wheel it as I would.
Be careful here. You should never make a compromise with a sale because you think it will "go to a good home". You make a sale because it's a financial transaction. If you try to put emotions into the equation you will be disappointed at some point.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Karma called, and said:

Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco 1629226385865

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know but would speculate the reason dealers get in trouble for customers flipping must be based on the same rationale that requires new cars to be purchased only from dealers (see: 1,000 threads about why you can’t drive to Dearborn and buy from the factory).

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Scalpers suck. Whether it's the dealership or an individual doing the scalping. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.