Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Siding with a Flippin' Flipper or a Deal Breakin' Dealer?

This thread is just Dicks vs Dildos
Sponsored

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like Ford is actively policing these potential resales. Good information, and makes sense.

Very helpful content there, kput. Don't want to get you in trouble, but any way you can share where that quote was pulled?
From Ford's dealer portal. It was an internal bulliten sent out to all Ford dealers a few weeks ago. That quote was verbage they recommended using for customer transactions / issues, so I felt it'd be fine to share.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I managed to snag a bottle of old forester birthday bourbon a few months back. Didn't realize I was going to need more of it in my life!
Nice find! I have a rule when it comes to bourbon, cant open the bottle unless I have a backup…..UNLESS it’s an extraordinary occasion. I made a bad mistake with Weller Full Proof, didn’t have a backup and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was sweet holy nectar! Wish it was still on my shelf!

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait...you're upset that the dealer won't sell you a Bronco that currently belongs to them, because you want to turn around and sell it yourself to make money? :ROFLMAO:
Question: did OP at any point consider the morality of this before questioning the legality of the dealer's action? I agree the dealer has no legal basis for this course, absent specific language in the purchase agreement to the contrary, but morality should intercede prior to legality.

If you want to make a quick buck, your brokerage account can help you out without punishing over a hundred thousand customers who placed orders in good faith.

TL;DR: the dealer could probably get in trouble for this. Holding them accountable will cost you more than it's worth. It's a d move anyway.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Siding with a Flippin' Flipper or a Deal Breakin' Dealer?

This thread is just Dicks vs Dildos
Bahahahaha…nice post and welcome to the sausage fest. Guess you’re one of us now. 🥃 cheers

Sponsored

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am curious at to what you would actually do if you were in the OP's situation? OP is on the record stating that when he ordered he had no intention of flipping, life changed and he now see's it as an opportunity to provide a little extra for his family after a rough couple of years. Standing in these shoes, you wouldn't do the same? Selling something for a profit to a person who can afford it is in not taking advantage of someone. So, in this particular circumstance, you would walk away and allow the dealership to sell it for a profit instead?
TBH, I don’t really give two shits what his original intention was. His actions are what matter. He posted an item for sale on an international auction site that he did not have possession of nor had he paid in full for. The dealer got wind of it, and they pumped the brakes which is well within their purview. The OP put himself in that position. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. That’s it.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"If at any time the dealer determines that the customer does not intend to use the vehicle ordered
or sold for personal use or for customer’s business use (rental, commercial or government) or
that the customer has engaged in or intends to engage in the exporting or reselling of vehicles for
profit, the dealer reserves the right to cancel this purchase order or not extend any type of
incentive."
Good for Ford!

It looks like Ford is on the case to combat scalping. Sony has failed miserably with PS5, but VINs are closely tracked and more readily detected using automated methods. If detected, they should also block future reservations for households where scalping or flipping (sale within weeks of purchase) is detected.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good for Ford!

It looks like Ford is on the case to combat scalping. Sony has failed miserably with PS5, but VINs are closely tracked and more readily detected using automated methods. If detected, they should also block future reservations for households where scalping or flipping (sale within weeks of purchase) is detected.
Absolutely not, Ford is allowing dealerships to charge reservation holders well over MSRP. A very deceptive move by the dealerships, but Ford motor company won't get involved. Why would Ford motor company get involved on a private sale? It's bullshit all around.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y'all are nuts straight up. This is a non limited, mass produced vehicle... Not UN airdrop rations over sub-Saharan Africa.

No one that actually wants a Bronco will go without, and no one deserves a 50k vehicle. If you have the money buy one, period.

OP is flipping to someone that places more monetary value on it than him, and if you'd pass the opportunity you're either lying, or playing yourself full stop. Dudes a bonehead for selling something not in his possession, but it has no bearing on his morale compass and straight up you're an idiot if you think it does

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm perplexed on why the OP told the dealer in the first place lol

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco 1629227516197

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i did as soon as i realized how big the implications are to the dealer.
Wait till 22 then. Sorry I have absolutely no sympathy for people like you. You got caught and now you come here to stir the pot with a boo-hoo post. 🤷‍♂️

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won’t argue that Dave, but I’m sorry my friend, flipping products whether it’s Pappy, a Bronco, ar a PS5 is just a sleazy thing to do.

So, you are saying that all car dealers are sleazy? What do you think a dealer is doing when they take your trade in for half of its value then resells it. He screwed himself by putting it up for sale before he had possession. I still believe these stupid threads are being started by trolls or administrators of the forum to get traffic on here. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.