First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen any answer to my question about the deal being done with financing and title meaning all state fees including sales tax paid. I'm wondering if OP was trying to "act" like a dealer and pay those fees in the new owners name to avoid those fee and taxes himself; otherwise there goes a lot of his profits.

At 10%-12% depending on the state (sales tax along is almost 9% where I live) so all of your fees and taxes combined on a $40K vehicle is $4k to $5K plus. He says he has a check in hand and is paying interest, that sounds like one of those high interest loan used to purchase cars on ebay, those are more like credit cards in that the interest is high and starts immediately. A major auto lender would just send payment directly to the dealer.

There is a reason people need dealer licenses to do this and trying to be one without being one can get you into trouble. IF he bought it out right paying all fees and registering it in his name, then it becomes personal property that he can then sale as a used car for whatever price he can get, but those state taxes and fees have to be paid by him first.
i secured the loan at my local bank i have dealt with for over 30 years and am very close with.
Sponsored

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I work for a Ford dealer in sales. I've read Ford's bulliten that was sent out in regards to resellers, exporters, etc.
I won't share that post here, as I'm not looking for any repercussions by sharing internal documents, but I'll tell you that they can and will face serious repercussions if they get caught in this.

Here is some customer facing info in regards to this it seems fine to share.

"If at any time the dealer determines that the customer does not intend to use the vehicle ordered
or sold for personal use or for customer’s business use (rental, commercial or government) or
that the customer has engaged in or intends to engage in the exporting or reselling of vehicles for
profit, the dealer reserves the right to cancel this purchase order or not extend any type of
incentive."

Sorry, friend. It's not "your" Bronco. Cancel your transaction, stop counting your unhatched chickens, and move on. You've lost nothing you were already in possession of, so I wouldn't be too upset.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The export thing is what screwed you and telling your friend who worked there. I bet that there is a resell clause in the contract you signed and they are well with their rights not to give you the car. Look what happened to Jon Cena when he sold his GT within the 2 year window the contract specified he couldn’t.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weller reserve and Buffalo Trace are easy to come by here in Texas. The rest of the line at BTD is hard, not impossible, but hard. I have a pretty extensive collection…good enough to make ER and EH taylor and Weller 107 an every day drinker. Never have I sold any nor would I.
I took a 2015 bottle of EH Taylor Barrel Proof to my daughter and her fiancé for her birthday. Bought the bottle for probably $70 back in 2015. After I gave it to her I looked it up and it was priced on the flipper market for somewhere between $700 and $2000. Crazy. We'll enjoy it at the wedding in a couple of months.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's pure fantasy that the dealer won't mark it up.
Won’t argue that Dave, but I’m sorry my friend, flipping products whether it’s Pappy, a Bronco, ar a PS5 is just a sleazy thing to do.

Sure, there are collectors who none of us care about or the rich, but there are plenty of guys who are hurt and disappointed by the developments with delays with the Bronco; I’m feeling for all of them, or all of us.

I’d never flip my Bronco, nor any other toy or whatever that I own to take advantage of some regular guy; I just can’t do that shit.

Sure, we may all sound silly as hell to those who don’t know, but who cares? We’re on an enthusiast forum for a reason; most of us actually give a damn about this vehicle; make of that whatever you wish, but we do.

Not just going to eat some guy wanting to take advantage of all of us. Same for dealerships too, but I’ve ranted enough about them on here in the past.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems a little harsh to call someone that.
I agree with you on this. It seems like you just didn't understand the implications that were involved with selling a brand new Bronco online. If I were in your position, I would go talk to the dealer face to face about it, make sure they understand what your intentions are and refrain from posting it on eBay or any other international site. Post it for sale on Facebook, Craigslist, etc and see how that goes. I'm sure there will be a local buyer who is more than willing to pick it up and leave you with some profit. If you do that, I'm sure your dealer will work with you.

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off i would never had put something you PHYSICALLY dont have in possession on eBay. Once all the paper work was done then you could have put it up for sale.
EXACLY! This right here. Its a little weird and premature to post something on ebay that you dont have or own yet.

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Hello Ford, yeah, so I want to flip my Bronco but the dealer won't sell it to me. Can you help?"

Something like that?
You my friend, are already a lost cause representing Oregon.... 🌞:devilish:🔱🆙

Squirrel80

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This was occurring at my dealership as well when I picked mine up this weekend. There was another Bronco in the show room and they were waiting for the gentleman to get back in town but the dealership was already involved in trying to stop the sale b/c they (ford) found it online at eBay even before he completed the final purchase, which I guess is a big no-no. I wish I could say what they called this type of deal, but they seem pretty confident he violated terms of the original agreement and they won’t have to sell it to him.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i secured the loan at my local bank i have dealt with for over 30 years and am very close with.
So did you title and register in your name?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.