NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hard to feel sorry.for someone that actually doesn't want a Bronco only the profit it can provide.....while the rest of us that doesn't even have a vin yet are going to have to wait til my22-23 to get a bronco that we desperately want. Go cry on someone else's shoulder. Wah...Wah...Wah

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard to feel sorry.for someone that actually doesn't want a Bronco only the profit it can provide.....while the rest of us that doesn't even have a vin yet are going to have to wait til my22-23 to get a bronco that we desperately want. Go cry on someone else's shoulder. Wah...Wah...Wah
Can I interest you in a graphics card? ;)

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You think it's your prerogative to 1) Sell something you don't own and 2) Force someone to sell you something that they own?

This seems like a well thought out plan, wishing you all the best! :ROFLMAO:
I don’t feel for this guy. What he is doing is the same as a greedy dealership taking unscrupulous advantage of a situation. Go complain to FoMoCo. Familiar with their selling practices with the GT. I’m sure which side they will be on. Now if his name is on the title he is free to do as he pleases.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What I think is funny, is that you are probably making a tidy profit off of this sell, and you come on here bitching and looking for assistance. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Read up on what Toyota is doing with the new LC overseas before delivering a vehicle. Owners are being forced to sign contracts that they will not resell it or export it.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My quote: "Do you have a signed contract for the car in which you promise to provide a certain amount of money in exchange for delivery of the vehicle? What documentation do you have for this deal?"

I'm asking a question- Specifically asking if he has a signed contract. I'd recommend reading more of the thread, as there's more interesting valid information that comes out about the nature of his agreement and Ford's role in preventing sales like this one. Promises are valid components of contracts, broadly speaking.

Bottom line- he needs to talk to a real lawyer instead of an army of nobodies on an internet forum.
He has already stated the seller refuses to sell him the car, thus he has no signed contract. A signed purchase order is not a binding contract. At $450/hr for legal expenses he isn’t going to get very far with his legal witch hunt. The dealership can easily outspend him in court. He has already stated he is financially recovering from a failed business several years back.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Read up on what Toyota is doing with the new LC overseas before delivering a vehicle. Owners are being forced to sign contracts that they will not resell it or export it.
I drove 2 of those lc500 off a ship last week, those are pretty crazy!

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't be too stingy. I provided a bottle of Van Winkle Family reserve and a 2015 bottle of Thomas Handy at my son's wedding a few years ago. We have one grandchild with another on the way so that was a great bourbon investment.

Both bottles were great liquor store finds which makes the elixir taste that much better.
I will find something special to take. I think that a good bottle is better shared and leave me with some special memories than sold for profit (I have a job thank you). I now it is cliche but you only live once and the memories are priceless

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I hit it big when I won the Van Winkle 12 year a few years back. That was smooth, so I can't imagine the 23! Don't be generous with that deliciousness, and enjoy!
I have heard that the 12 & 15 are some of the best. Not to young, not to old

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not saying if he can or can not make a buck on his purchase, I'm still trying to get details that are important regarding his original claims of deal was done with financing and everything so he's paying interest, yet he won't give an answer to the same question that I asked three times! How were you titling the car?

A bank you've been doing business with for 30+ years was a particle answer to a part of the question of why you would have the check and be paying interest if check is not cashed? Was it another type of loan like a home or business or credit loan? A bank you do business with for 30+ years would cancel the check if the deal didn't go through, right?

Unless you were "trying to rob Peter to pay Paul" a business practice that gets new smaller dealers in trouble all the time, hence the need for flooring auditors.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The BBB has no enforcement authority
They dont have no enforcement authority over any business but they can help work out issues with them and no company or business like bad reviews on BBB , I file many complaints with BBB

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This kind of thread kind of angers me. I have not read every page so forgive me if it's already been said. To the OP:

The vehicle does not belong to you unless you signed a purchase agreement. The dealer has every right to refund your deposit and keep the vehicle. You had best read the contract carefully. There is almost always buried in the fine print a "right to cancel clause" for the dealer.

The OP should be ashamed for only thinking about unethical profiting on this Bronco. Just for the fact he has no intention of keeping a vehicle others have been on a long waiting list for.

This is an example of why new car prices are so high. This same kind of dirty practices that went on when the Mazda Miata was first introduced in 89'-90'.

I mean no disrespect for anyone here but I do not agree nor am saddened if this vehicle is retained by the dealer and gets to someone for a fair price who plans to keep it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Generally speaking, in most states, selling a vehicle for which one does not have the title is called fraud.

Selling an "open title" is also illegal in most states. Open title is where the previous owner has signed the title, but the buyer does not title it in their name leaving it "open".

OP tried to sell a car before he actually owned it and titled it. Hard to feel sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.