First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing/inspecting my first Bronco. It was an AMB 2.3/10AT OBX 2dr with Lux. It had cloth seats. The following summarizes my initial impressions plus some other notes specific to my Ford dealership. I kept this summary brief to avoid repetition of things stated many times already, in many other posts.

Sorry that I didnā€™t take many pictures. I was time-pressed and wanted to keep my thoughts focused. My thoughtful wife took the two pics.

1. The Bronco was in the showroom being displayed with doors on and top removed. The top was in the showroom on display.
2. I could sit in it and manipulate all the latches, levers, dials and seat positions. I did not get to turn it on or do anything with the display as I was not given the key fob.
3. I was told the Bronco was NOT their dealer mannequin, but is a stock build. Things seem to work differently up here in Canazuela as my sales guy said Ford Canada has told them very little about how the dealer allocations are working. My dealer has 13 allocated orders placed but has not yet received any of these Broncos. Note I am a late reservation holder (Sept 10/20) and do not have a VIN yet. I expect to be MY22.
4. It makes sense that this particular OBX build was done to fill a spot on the assembly line and built with available parts.
5. In what I consider a turn of fair play, and in a sympathetic gesture to reservation holders yet to receive their Broncos, this dealership is going to have a lottery for the purchase of this OBX. They are selling it at MSRP which is the same deal the reservation holders get on their Broncos. This is fair - if all thatā€™s coming off the line and destined for this location is dealer stock then this is a fair way to sell them off.

IMPRESSIONS
1. The build is solid and the 2-door looks big in the showroom. I was quite surprised how good the OBX looks in person.
2. Though my order is a Badlands as I intend to use it off road a lot, The OBX will be very capable. It is more rugged than any of my previous 4WDs and Iā€™ve taken them through some nasty terrain.
3. In AMB at least the painted flares and mirror caps look very good. I did not expect to be saying that.
4. The cloth seats are comfortable, look good and seem well built.
5. Iā€™ve never been a 2dr guy on any vehicle except ones with only 1 row of seats so I would find the access to the back row in the 2dr to be a PITA for those passengers, though with the top off it will be easy to step on the rear wheel and climb in over the edge. What surprised me was how much leg room the back passengers get - lots! Once in the back of the 2dr the seating position is great. I like to sit upright in a vehicle regardless of where Iā€™m at in the cabā€¦
6. I like the plastics - they will be very easy to wipe down. The upright windscreen will be easy to clean on the inside. The controls are all at hand and are tactile. I like the old-timey metal firewalls and dashes in trucks, and the new Bronco kit reminds me of those days.
7. I liked the Navy Pier in person and thought the OBX interior would be very comforting. Iā€™m sick of the all-black interiors Iā€™ve been forced to accept since my 2009 F150.
8. I really like the sight lines down the hood. Itā€™s a fusion of retro and modern and very unique.
9. Hood weight is more than I was expecting and the hood feels rigid. The exterior ridges stamped into the hood contribute to the overall feel. I like it better than the F150 hood. from an engineering design POV.
10. The MIC top looks great IMO. I like the colour and the construction. This top had the sound deadening liner installed and the material used will not be unfamiliar to anyone whoā€™s owned a Ford made in the last 15 years. The dirt seen coming out of the panel when the guy in one of those videos runs his hands over it is just that - dirt. You can hose that out without fear of damaging the liner.

Overall, I think the vehicle is fantastic and I very much look forward to the day mine gets scheduled and built.

Brent

Ford Bronco Dealer OBX first contact - brief summary of initial impressions 9376AC81-ED7B-43C8-AEF0-D969C1BF4B49

Ford Bronco Dealer OBX first contact - brief summary of initial impressions 96F762CA-E2A6-4334-B3A1-9DA855372F0C
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for sharing. Every time I see pics of the AMB, I'm more pleased that was my color choice!

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing. Every time I see pics of the AMB, I'm more pleased that was my color choice!
Itā€™s a very interesting colour, to be sure. Iā€˜m glad youā€™re happy with your choice!
Sponsored