Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey op
You can change your order to your liking since a VIN wasn't made yet

But since you don't want the Bronco then you have no worries. The dealer will just sell your vehicle for handsome profit

Sorry this process is such a cluster
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you cancelled your reservation with Ford? That will get you your $100 back. The dealer will still get to do what they want with the order if you cancel your reservation. But the $100 should be returned to you.

If you still have your reservation with Ford then the dealer has your $100 deposit and should still be beholden to your wants. If you want the dealer to soil themselves a bit then I would suggest contacting the dealer about updating your order with a 99 status (defer to 2022 or 2023) (so they don't get a Bronco built). But your $100 will remain tied up with the dealer until you cancel that reservation.

I assume that you have not received a VIN and estimated build date from Ford yet.

wrangler2bronco??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
tell you what, I can give you the details on the order i want. Then you tell the dealer to change the order to that. When it comes in you buy it at your negotiated price and then i'll buy it from you for an extra $100 over your cost.

Or at worst, do what the others have suggested, buy the thing and then sell it for a profit. Don't let the dealer make the money when they are the ones screwing you over.

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe transfer the order to another dealer to stick it to them. Should be able to call customer service

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all future happy Bronco owners,

I would love to hear some details regarding the ordering process with your dealer. I ask because ours was...well, nonexistent. Although we somehow now have a Bronco ordered in our name. Our dealer converted our reservation into an order without any consent or even contact (except for a 20 second conversation with my wife the single time they called, in which she indicated we would contact them at a later time that wasn’t the middle of the standard work day). We never called them back (because it wasn’t a good time for us to commit to $40k and the reservations didn’t have an expiration) but as of March 19th I now have a Bronco on order completely out of spec with that I would have ordered and I have “used” my reservation so it is not refundable.

The dealer has never responded to my subsequent emails asking them to cancel my order and I continue to receive promotional emails, not to mention the giant poster mailer. At this point I don’t care about the $100 or that the order isn’t to my liking. I am just annoyed at the complete lack of customer service. So now, as a matter of principle, I am pursuing the extent to which the order was fraudulent. What type of authorization did you have to provide with your order? Were there any signatures involved? This is highly unlikely to “go” anywhere, but I would like to dealer to soil themselves a bit for causing so much headache.

Sincerely,

An unhappy supposed future Bronco owner
We received an email from our dealer telling us it was time to order. We were then instructed to go to the Ford.com website and Build our Bronco according to the way we wanted it equipped. We then printed out the order to a pdf and emailed it to the dealer (the internet sales director was handling all of the orders). He then sent a confirmation back to us to confirm our order with an approx X Plan price and a request to reply back to him that our order was accurate and that we were serious buyers intending to follow through with the purchase. He then submitted the order to Ford and sent confirmation of the acknowledgement of the order with order #. The entire process went very smoothly with periodic updates and a request for added accessories using the form that he provided so that they could be ordered. He was specific that the accessory pricing would be at MSRP.

Sponsored
OP
OP

notmybronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988/1999 F250, 1967 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want to have more time to get the Bronco or want to stop the dealer from getting the Bronco anytime soon. Call Ford and have them switch the priority code to 99. This will insure that the Bronco isn't built until model 2022. So even if the dealer wants it this year, he will have to wait or he can cancel the order per your request.
Haha, I appreciate this approach. Thank you.

OP
OP

notmybronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988/1999 F250, 1967 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should call the Bronco customer service number about cancelling the order, but I think now that it's converted to an order the dealership is the one to cancel. I'd give them a call though.
We will for sure give corporate a call, just wanted to have some info behind us. Thanks!

OP
OP

notmybronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988/1999 F250, 1967 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go to the dealer and ask them to change "your" order on your Bronco reservation to one with the modular top (MY 2023). That'll slow them down.
I like the way you think, definitely seems like
I would.....
Arrive at the dealership when Ford emails you the delivery date, being your name is on the order with your own buyer.
Offer it up for sale $10k or more over invoice.

Proceed to watch the dealership make a mess in their pants because you played their game better than those douchebags.
I have definitely already considered this approach. Wouldn’t even want to take advantage of the private seller, would just want the dealer to not make the profit themselves.

OP
OP

notmybronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988/1999 F250, 1967 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you cancelled your reservation with Ford? That will get you your $100 back. The dealer will still get to do what they want with the order if you cancel your reservation. But the $100 should be returned to you.

If you still have your reservation with Ford then the dealer has your $100 deposit and should still be beholden to your wants. If you want the dealer to soil themselves a bit then I would suggest contacting the dealer about updating your order with a 99 status (defer to 2022 or 2023) (so they don't get a Bronco built). But your $100 will remain tied up with the dealer until you cancel that reservation.

I assume that you have not received a VIN and estimated build date from Ford yet.
Nope, don’t the VIN or build date yet. We really don’t care about the $100 at this point, that’s long been spent, but the fact the dealer will get the car and sell it at a major markup, instead of it going to the next person in line who went through the legitimate process, just grinds my gears.

Sponsored
OP
OP

notmybronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988/1999 F250, 1967 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
We received an email from our dealer telling us it was time to order. We were then instructed to go to the Ford.com website and Build our Bronco according to the way we wanted it equipped. We then printed out the order to a pdf and emailed it to the dealer (the internet sales director was handling all of the orders). He then sent a confirmation back to us to confirm our order with an approx X Plan price and a request to reply back to him that our order was accurate and that we were serious buyers intending to follow through with the purchase. He then submitted the order to Ford and sent confirmation of the acknowledgement of the order with order #. The entire process went very smoothly with periodic updates and a request for added accessories using the form that he provided so that they could be ordered. He was specific that the accessory pricing would be at MSRP.
Thank you for detailing this, super helpful. I’m glad you got to deal with a legitimate, honest dealer!

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go to the dealer and ask them to change "your" order on your Bronco reservation to one with the modular top (MY 2023). That'll slow them down.
Exactly this!! They have to change your order. Because "you" ordered it, but now changed your mind. Order the most constrained Bronco they can build. Maybe in 2 years you'll actually want it? It's probably the smart play with all the issues cropping up. Ford customer service will likely do nothing for you otherwise. But, if the dealer refuses to change your order they'll get involved (should). I'd 110% do it to stick it back to them.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all future happy Bronco owners,

I would love to hear some details regarding the ordering process with your dealer. I ask because ours was...well, nonexistent. Although we somehow now have a Bronco ordered in our name. Our dealer converted our reservation into an order without any consent or even contact (except for a 20 second conversation with my wife the single time they called, in which she indicated we would contact them at a later time that wasn’t the middle of the standard work day). We never called them back (because it wasn’t a good time for us to commit to $40k and the reservations didn’t have an expiration) but as of March 19th I now have a Bronco on order completely out of spec with that I would have ordered and I have “used” my reservation so it is not refundable.

The dealer has never responded to my subsequent emails asking them to cancel my order and I continue to receive promotional emails, not to mention the giant poster mailer. At this point I don’t care about the $100 or that the order isn’t to my liking. I am just annoyed at the complete lack of customer service. So now, as a matter of principle, I am pursuing the extent to which the order was fraudulent. What type of authorization did you have to provide with your order? Were there any signatures involved? This is highly unlikely to “go” anywhere, but I would like to dealer to soil themselves a bit for causing so much headache.

Sincerely,

An unhappy supposed future Bronco owner
Hi there – send a message to us with the name and location of your dealership, I’ll see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford just changed the system to where now you have to approve the dealer to place the order... its not working at the moment, they are having a website glitch. It won't solve the issue of dealers placing wrong orders but it may help.
Sponsored