Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news: I got an email my bronco is scheduled for 9/20!

The bad news: it’s the wrong bronco.

I ordered a CG Wildtrak, Leather, High Pkg initially and got the confirmation from Ford in March. The email I received today was for CG Badlands, 2.7 auto, Leather, Mid Pkg (no sas).

I’m meeting with the dealer tomorrow, but I spoke with them briefly today. He said I didn’t confirm my order by signature so Ford defaults it to a Badlands. It sounds like complete bullshit to me, anyone know if that’s true???

He also told me to give up my order and get a new reservation if I want something different (I’m sure they rather mark up and sell it).

What are my options here? AFAIK you can’t change the order once you get a VIN, can you?
Sponsored

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
seems like your options are to wait a crazy amount of time and get what you ordered. or suck it up and just buy this one. with he proverbial "you get wut u get and you don't get upset" mindset.

obv the best thing would get a priority build or a higher percentage, or any percentage off of the future build or the BL. but that's prolly not going to happen , as it would take great customer service skills and dealer integrity to do so.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I remember hearing that along time ago, about defaulting to Badlands. Pretty sure order confirmation is a step in the process not to be missed. That's true for me at least with Granger.

Best option may be to take it and resell make some cash.

OP
OP
Dimitar

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I remember hearing that along time ago, about defaulting to Badlands. Pretty sure order confirmation is a step in the process not to be missed. That's true for me at least with Granger.

Best option may be to take it and resell make some cash.
I suppose I could keep it for a year or two and replace it when warthog comes out

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks! Do you have a copy of the official confirmation you received in March? You should’ve gotten an email from Ford with the details shortly after the dealer placed the order (within minutes) and you should’ve also demanded the dealer send you a copy of the actual order sheet.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suppose I could keep it for a year or two and replace it when warthog comes out
Yeah you’re SOL.

make the dealer order you the correct one. And give you a discount on the bad lands.

Drive badlands until the new one comes in.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sucks, but did you verify your order and get a DORA when you originally put the order in?

I ordered a CG Wildtrak, Leather, High Pkg initially and got the confirmation from Ford in March. The email I received today was for CG Badlands, 2.7 auto, Leather, Mid Pkg (no sas).

I’m meeting with the dealer tomorrow, but I spoke with them briefly today. He said I didn’t confirm my order by signature so Ford defaults it to a Badlands. It sounds like complete bullshit to me, anyone know if that’s true???

He also told me to give up my order and get a new reservation if I want something different (I’m sure they rather mark up and sell it).

What are my options here? AFAIK you can’t change the order once you get a VIN, can you?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You might actually get this one sooner, then a Wildtrak.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it is bullshit that Ford changed the order, the dealer put it in that way, or changed it later.

Call Ford, get the dealer's zone person on the phone and have them conference call with you to the dealer, I suspect they would be very interested in the dealer claiming Ford changes the orders if you didn't 'verify' with a signature. They may be able to restore your time stamp somehow, although reservations are closed now.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has a vin number been issued? Correct your order .

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was changed, find out when and as a result of what. Ford has a hotline, and they seem less likely to lie to you about it than the dealer.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Screw it Just buy it re order the one you want and sell the badlands you just got on eBay motors for like 70k. If you don’t make the the money your dealer is for sure going too.

Deleted member 3063

I ordered on truck years back and didn't get a printout, was delivered with the wrong tires. the $$ numbers didn't match up so the dealer had to correct their mistake luckily for me. never made that mistake again.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would probably take it, Its a more capable vehicle due to the sway bar disconnect. The stance on the 33's Look alright, alright, alriiigggtttt. At least they got your color right. Everything else can be made to look exactly like the wild track. I think the interior looks better in the Badlands as well.
But to each their own. Good Luck on your decision.
Sponsored