First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
owners and employees of ford dealerships were never excluded from the program or otherwise prevented from participating for any reason

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as they went through the same reservation line the rest of the public went through, I don't see what the issue is. 🤷‍♂️
If people are willing to pay ADM on vehicles on the lot, that's their prerogative.

I don't see this as stealing someones reservation, like surprise ADM when you go to pick up your Bronco.
Or Ford building dealer stock before build-able reservations, as they've been accused of without evidence.
Or 'line-jumping' when Ford offered dealer priority orders.
-edit-
Or Ford allocation system conveniently glossed over in FAQ about building in reservation order.
Or reservationists "stole" my Bronco. With a limited supply of an item, someone is often taking from someone else.

OP
OP

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as they went through the same reservation line the rest of the public went through, I don't see what the issue is. 🤷‍♂️
If people are willing to pay ADM on vehicles on the lot, that's their prerogative.

I don't see this as stealing someones reservation, like surprise ADM when you go to pick up your Bronco.
Or Ford building dealer stock before build-able reservations, as they've been accused of without evidence.
Or 'line-jumping' when Ford offered dealer priority orders.
-edit-
Or Ford allocation system conveniently glossed over in FAQ about building in reservation order.
But what makes dealers doing this any different from ford building dealer stock?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But what makes dealers doing this any different from ford building dealer stock?
The difference is like being in a long checkout line. Everyone that is a reservation holder has some sort of expectation of fairness that someone ahead of you in line will check out before you and that someone behind you will wait their turn.

Who made the reservation is inconsequential to that sense of fairness. If Ford would only follow the rules they initially promised then we probably wouldn't act like an angry mob.

Ford announced the 20% tolerance plan for abandoned orders but they were never going to really enforce that rule. In theory if the 20% rule had any teeth that would have reduced the number of dealership fake employee orders because the penalty would be too severe.

When Ford continues to tinker with each reservation holders place in line then we all tend to get a bit irked. When Ford announces that they are caving into mega dealerships and start allocating Bronco's for dealer stock then we get really irked. When those same dealerships steal real reservation holders Bronco's by imposing a heretofore unannounced ADM to the price then we as a collective group become an angry roaring mob.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I am not sure why people feel the need to make a public service announcement every time a dealer has a marked-up Bronco for sale on the lot. We get it already, shady dealers gonna be shady. Maybe there should just be one Mega Thread about on the lot Broncos with the dealership names so people know who to avoid or where they can go to get a Bronco asap.

OP, not necessarily directed at you, just seems to be a bunch of ZOmG! dealer selling a Bronco posts lately and, unfortunately, its not gonna stop anytime soon (the posts or Broncos for sale)
My opinion is the opposite... I think that the point of these posts are not to inform you, since you get it, but to to show these dealers that their actions will be in the public view.

A mega thread with a reference to bad dealers would be handy, but for web presence, individual threads would be better.

Besides from these things, everyone has a story to tell and I'm interested in all of them.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer was allocated a First Edition build because of how big we are. Plenty of dealers likely got allocated a First Edition over and above normal allocation. Has to be kept for two years. Not everything is as the witch hunters make it seem.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I honestly don't care about these as long as a real client who made a reservation wasn't forced out by ADM after the fact. This isn't ideal but it isn't directly impacting the people who reserved a Bronco day 1.
Sponsored