Sponsored

Dealer placed my reservation and then added ADM. How screwed am I?

broncozaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan GT-R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed an order on Feb 22, 2021 with Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs. On December 3, 2021 they converted my reservation to an order. I didn't sign any order forms or agreements, it just happened. Then then called me towards the end of December saying they are adding $20,000 ADM because of "market conditions." I was furious and tried to transfer the order to another dealer. I called the Ford hotline on that very day and requested the transfer. My new dealer, The Faricy Boys Ford in Canyon City, CO created a new order and said once my order is transferred to them, they will just assign the number to this new order and everything will be peachy. I've called the hotline multiple times since but my order isn't moving anywhere. The GM at the new dealer even reached out to the Zone Manager at Ford to no avoid. Can I salvage this situation or am I really screwed?
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have a reservation when you ordered? If yes, the right person at Ford should be able to pressure F'n Phil Long Ford since there should be no ADM in that case.

If no reservation, then moving it would be your best option, if it is possible. Most people have not been able to move orders to a different dealer for many months now.

Good luck.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you have a reservation when you ordered? If yes, the right person at Ford should be able to pressure F'n Phil Long Ford since there should be no ADM in that case.

If no reservation, then moving it would be your best option, if it is possible. Most people have not been able to move orders to a different dealer for many months now.

Good luck.
Like Brian said, if you had an active reservation before the order was placed youmay just need to be the squeaky wheel. Stay on Fords ass to see if you can get some movement on your transfer. TBH many here, in the same situation, hasn't had any luck changing dealers even after Ford said we could. If you didn't have a reservation, and only an order the only thing I think you can do is just cancel with the dickhead dealer you have now. But, then you'll have to wait until the order banks open again to reorder with another dealer. I know none of that is really good news, but it may help for you to know you're not alone. Many have been screwed by unscruplous dealers all across the country. Good luck.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealership-sold-my-bronco-order.40483/

read through this thread, OP contacted his state dept of commerce and lodged a complaint and apparently the state got involved and made the dealer sell him a bronco. Pay attention to the verbiage(wording) he uses when discussing his situation and how he worded his issue to dept of commerce.

keep in mind all states have different rules and regs, so you’ll have to research your states.
Sponsored