First Name
Lennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a dealer, I understand and agree with any person who ordered a Bronco at an agreed to price and the dealer ended up charging, or attempting to charge more. In my 43 year career, I have never upped the price on a customer. I have made pricing mistakes and eaten them. I have made trade-in value mistakes and eaten them. I have sold several Broncos already at MSRP. However, I know first hand the challenges that dealers are facing with severe inventory shortages. The financial pressure is enormous, plus, nobody saw this level of disruption coming as far as the overall pricing model is concerned. And itā€™s not just Broncos....itā€™s Maverick, MachE, F150, F250, Mach 1, etc. We were offered $90K for our $58,000 Bronco demo unit.
What would you do if you had our Bronco in your garage and someone offered you a $32K profit? This was an Internet contact from Texas.....these offers from individuals are driving the frenzy and making dealers second guess everything.

My suggestion is always the same...get a signed buyers order and make sure it has the language necessary to cover you in case the dealer tries to play games. OR, call us....because we donā€˜t play games. Go to GatewayFordBronco.com
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShroederK

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeahā€¦ imagine if everything you ordered online had a previously undisclosed markup of up to 25 percent when it showed up at your doorstep. Would you buy it if you had no idea how much it costs? And letā€™s compound that with an expiring lease on your current vehicle. Would you take that chance? Dealer stock is one thing. Ordered vehicles are different. I donā€™t care how bad these dealers are struggling. Theyā€™re scumbags.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford seems to have uniquely bad dealers. The Bronco is the third time that I tried to buy a Ford car and had the deal killed due to dealer shenanigans. In this case, my dealer waited until the Bronco showed up and added $5k, but in the past there were other things like lying about vehicle availability to get me to drive out.

If it weren't for good dealers like Granger I would straight up swear off the brand for good as a result of this. It shouldn't take careful research on an enthusiast forum to end up with a dealer that won't abuse you.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t see a $58k mannequin unit on the site. I see a BL listed at a $73k MSRP and an $89k Wildtrak. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

rmbelz

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a dealer, I understand and agree with any person who ordered a Bronco at an agreed to price and the dealer ended up charging, or attempting to charge more. In my 43 year career, I have never upped the price on a customer. I have made pricing mistakes and eaten them. I have made trade-in value mistakes and eaten them. I have sold several Broncos already at MSRP. However, I know first hand the challenges that dealers are facing with severe inventory shortages. The financial pressure is enormous, plus, nobody saw this level of disruption coming as far as the overall pricing model is concerned. And itā€™s not just Broncos....itā€™s Maverick, MachE, F150, F250, Mach 1, etc. We were offered $90K for our $58,000 Bronco demo unit.
What would you do if you had our Bronco in your garage and someone offered you a $32K profit? This was an Internet contact from Texas.....these offers from individuals are driving the frenzy and making dealers second guess everything.

My suggestion is always the same...get a signed buyers order and make sure it has the language necessary to cover you in case the dealer tries to play games. OR, call us....because we donā€˜t play games. Go to GatewayFordBronco.com
I appreciate your comments, and do have some small sympathy for dealers in this situation, but that in no way justifies taking preditory actions on their customers who have been patientaly waiting. I am a day one reservation holder, and over the past few weeks have been very concerned about my dealer trying to add a markup over sticker once Ford finally gets around to building my Bronco. They have been almost zero help through this entire process, and I recieve almost nothing from them in terms of updates or general information.

As a dealer, in light of these recent reports of price gouging, what real options do I have at this poing (my paperwork was all done over a year ago) if they decide to try to add a markup (which I understand is typically being done at the 11th hour as you are in the finance office signing the last of the paperwork)? Is is possible now that Ford has changed the rules and I'm now going to be getting a 2022 to transfer my reservation to a dealer who will give me the assurances to sell at the previously agreed to sticker price?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That web link redirects to "gatewayfordgreeneville.com", there is no "gatewayfordbronco.com". There is a restoration shop at "gatewaybronco.com".
Lennie, thanks for posting from the dealers POV. I suspect that the gouging dealers are getting the bad press, and that most have more integrity. Our local Charleston, SC dealer is not marking up customer orders.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this is your introduction thread?
There is a place to introduce yourself to other forum members.It's not required ,but is is a nice touch of etiquette.

Having said this...........Do you have anything constructive to say?

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bad idea lol good luck this forum is about to eat you aliveā€¦.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That web link redirects to "gatewayfordgreeneville.com", there is no "gatewayfordbronco.com". There is a restoration shop at "gatewaybronco.com".
Lennie, thanks for posting from the dealers POV. I suspect that the gouging dealers are getting the bad press, and that most have more integrity. Our local Charleston, SC dealer is not marking up customer orders.
Good thread but the correct link would be nice. Not sure if it was an honest mistake?
Sponsored