Sponsored

Dealer Pricing for Tire, Wheel, and Lift Upgrades?

OP
OP

Xunilla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4X4, BMW 335i Convertible, Lexus RS350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, not reading it wrong. The entire upgrade is quoted over $6K. I think the dealer got it wrong or as someone else said they just don’t want to be bothered with it.
Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a dealer quote me 4K for 285/70/18’s , and a 2 inch lift kit (4WP lift/level kit) . Said they would warranty the lift, even though 4WP local store installs them. Called the 4WP shop in town and the quoted me 1400 for same lift installed.

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don’t forget the spare, might need a relocation bracket ect. At your dealers price you are over 7k. Walk that is robbery.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suggest that you politely thank your dealership for trying to rape you, then calmly walk out and into a private shop and get it done for considerably less.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer quoted me $960 more (parts and labor) than the local truck shop I used, Zeus Offroad, for the exact same tires and lift kit. They were not interested in matching the price so I was happy to take it to a truck specialty shop.

I purchased five 315/70/17 Wildpeaks AT3W's that were $350 each plus $160 to mount and balance 5 tires. The leveling kit was $159 and it was $430 to install it including alignment. Total cost from them was about $2,700 with tax. I sold my stock OBX wheels and tires for $800 and paid $1,100 for the Sasquatch take off wheels so about $3k for the total wheel/tire/leveling kit upgrade.

Ford Bronco Dealer Pricing for Tire, Wheel, and Lift Upgrades? fullsizeoutput_22394
Ford Bronco Dealer Pricing for Tire, Wheel, and Lift Upgrades? fullsizeoutput_22954

Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, not reading it wrong. The entire upgrade is quoted over $6K. I think the dealer got it wrong or as someone else said they just don’t want to be bothered with it.
Ridiculous!! I can’t believe that’s the quote they gave you in labor alone. Have you shopped around at all or is the dealership the 1st place you checked?

OP
OP

Xunilla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4X4, BMW 335i Convertible, Lexus RS350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought going through the dealer would be better from a warranty or liability standpoint. I’ve priced 4WP and a local place and both were reasonably priced. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, if they’ll sell a new unit for $10K over MSRP they’ll do anything they can get away with.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't really think it makes a difference on what brand it is for spacer lifts, hard to screw those up.

Couldn't see spending a bunch of money on spacers just because they have a different brand name on them.

Now if you were going for new coilovers, control arms, etc. that would be a different story.
Mine was a lift kit, not spacers

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m only asking about the LABOR as it seemed ridiculously high.
Mount and balance tires should be under $50/ea. Order the wheels and tires together from Tire Rack and they come mounted and balanced.

Brew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something is way off, $600 per tire to mount and balance is the price of a new wheel/tire including installation. The lift price is probably in the realm of reasonable, just paid $600 to install new coil overs.
Sponsored