Sponsored

Dealer recommendations in Greater Boston for SSM Service?

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am looking to get my Bronco checked for SSM 50477 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Short Drop Window Feature - Contact With Weather Strip When Opening.

Anybody could recommend a dealership? Thx.

One dealership told me they only do that on Broncos bought from them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which one said they only service ones bought from them?

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which one said they only service ones bought from them?
Bonnell Ford. From their assistant service manager.

I actually had an appointment with them for State inspection today. When I got there, they told me they were too busy and may not be able to do it before closing. When I asked them about the SSM, that’s what they told me.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bonnell Ford. From their assistant service manager.

I actually made an appointment with them for State inspection. When I got there, they told me they were too busy and may not be able to do it before closing. When I asked them about the SSM, that’s what they told me.
That’s horseshit. Ford pays them the same for warranty work regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s horseshit. Ford pays them the same for warranty work regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.
Yep. I wouldn’t trust them with anything after that though. They were so disappointed when I told them I did not buy from them.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 F-150 Raptor ordered with Bonnell in November 2021 with a DORA showing MSRP. No biggie if it never shows up.

Last edited:

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
McGovern Ford in Lowell performed that service on my Bronco with no issue.

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
McGovern Ford in Lowell performed that service on my Bronco with no issue.
Thx a lot.

BTW, how is it supposed to be? Opening the door with the glass no wobbling or a little wobbling?

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thx a lot.

BTW, how is it supposed to be? Opening the door with the glass no wobbling or a little wobbling?
There's still a little bit of wobbling at open, I think that's normal. before the fix there was wobbling in the glass when the window wasn't all the way down, that has stopped. They made adjustments to all 4 windows, there was a significant improvement once it was completed.

Area51Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bonnel is notorious for such attitude 🙄.. My order is through McGovern.... And I will say that they are pretty much on top of their game as far as service department goes

Sponsored
OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bonnel is notorious for such attitude 🙄.. My order is through McGovern.... And I will say that they are pretty much on top of their game as far as service department goes
Just called McGovern and got scheduled for February…

Found that I can schedule online for this week. We will see how it goes and hope they have the right tech to do it. Unfortunately they told me they don’t do loaner cars. Hope it’s not taking too long otherwise I will have to find my own transportation.

@Allfun

Last edited:

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just called McGovern and got scheduled for February…

Found that I can schedule online for this week. We will see how it goes and hope they have the right tech to do it. Unfortunately they told me they don’t do loaner cars. Hope it’s not taking too long otherwise I will have to find my own transportation.

@Allfun
Let us know how it goes at McGovern, I might bring mine up there for the same thing.

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let us know how it goes at McGovern, I might bring mine up there for the same thing.
Went to another dealer for state inspection appointment . Brought this SSM up with them. They did not even bother to check the issue or look up the SSM. Just told me the next available appointment is in two months. I mentioned that everything is in the SSM and should be relatively simple. They just told me “If it’s so simple, why did you come to us? Why not bring it to the out-of-state dealer where you bought it?” 🤣

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to another dealer for state inspection appointment . Brought this SSM up with them. They did not even bother to check the issue or look up the SSM. Just told me the next available appointment is in two months. I mentioned that everything is in the SSM and should be relatively simple. They just told me “If it’s so simple, why did you come to us? Why not bring it to the out-of-state dealer where you bought it?” 🤣
🙄 What a bunch of BS.

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
🙄 What a bunch of BS.
I just don’t understand the attitude. It feels like they have no interest earning my business at all. I asked “What if my engine fails? Do I still have to wait for two months for an appointment?” They told me “It is what it is.” 🤣
Sponsored

Reactions: Fly