Sponsored

Dealer recommendations in Greater Boston for SSM Service?

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just don’t understand the attitude. It feels like they have no interest earning my business at all. I asked “What if my engine fails? Do I still have to wait for two months for an appointment?” They told me “It is what it is.” 🤣
Good thing there haven’t been any reports of engine problems… oh wait!
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to another dealer for state inspection appointment . Brought this SSM up with them. They did not even bother to check the issue or look up the SSM. Just told me the next available appointment is in two months. I mentioned that everything is in the SSM and should be relatively simple. They just told me “If it’s so simple, why did you come to us? Why not bring it to the out-of-state dealer where you bought it?” 🤣
I just don’t understand the attitude. It feels like they have no interest earning my business at all. I asked “What if my engine fails? Do I still have to wait for two months for an appointment?” They told me “It is what it is.” 🤣
My reply would be something along the lines of “if you want to earn my business on future new vehicles you’ll take care of me on this vehicle.” Go talk to the GM and GSM and tell them why you’ll never buy a new vehicle at their dealership due to the attitude of their service department. At some point I’d be taking employee names at the dealership and calling Ford to complain. I get that you didn’t buy the truck from them, but that sort of dismissive behavior is total crap.

Reactions: Jdc
OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My reply would be something along the lines of “if you want to earn my business on future new vehicles you’ll take care of me on this vehicle.” Go talk to the GM and GSM and tell them why you’ll never buy a new vehicle at their dealership due to the attitude of their service department. At some point I’d be taking employee names at the dealership and calling Ford to complain. I get that you didn’t buy the truck from them, but that sort of dismissive behavior is total crap.
I guess talking to GM won’t work since I got this reply from the owner on Google Review, just not an apology. 🤣

“This visit was for a Massachusetts state inspection sticker, which are first come first served with no appointment per state regulations. The customer called the day before, and we explained that then - that he did not need an appointment for the state inspection but that he would need one for the SSM issue and that we did not have one available the next day to look at that concern.

Customer came in anyway to have the sticker done and engaged in an argument with the service advisor about why the SSM issue could not be looked at - he told the advisor that it was supposed to be a minor repair and should be simple to take care of it. At this point, the service advisor did make a mistake. The correct answer should have been: an entry level technician with a state license can do a Massachusetts state inspection. To perform a warranty repair of this type requires a certified Ford technician. It is a different level of repair capability and that is why their time is booked further in advance.

Unfortunately, in response to being told the repair was simple, our advisor momentarily lost his cool and did in fact respond in the manner described. For the record, we do often fix cars that are purchased elsewhere. Our philosophy is to persuade such customers to consider buying from us the next time. But this car had literally just been purchased - it had 300 miles on the odometer - and we do have a backlog for this type of work. So the advisor’s thought process was sound - if you are not willing to wait to get it fixed here, since you just bought it from them, maybe they will be willing and able to get you in immediately and push you ahead of other customers. But because he took the customer’s “it should be simple” comment to be condescending, he didn’t deliver that information the right way – he basically threw it back at him with the “if it’s so simple” retort. That was a mistake.

We may often have to give customers news they do not want to hear, but we do not need to win debate points or escalate situations that should be defused. It’s a learning experience for next time.”

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they can’t deliver you the Bronco you want they shouldn’t give you shit about buying one from another dealer that is available immediately.

Many dealerships are short on techs and have significant wait times. I manager a commercial fleet of 140+ trucks and I frequently have to wait in line like everyone else. Most of the time our stuff gets bumped up at the two dealers we do most of our work through, one of those is not a fleet approved dealer so we’ve never bought a single truck from them. There are others where when I call for work on low cab forward commercial trucks they tell me they are 3-5 weeks out.

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let us know how it goes at McGovern, I might bring mine up there for the same thing.
Showed up to my online appointment this morning. Everything is fixed in the afternoon. I live 20miles away and they even gave me free Uber rides. Highly recommend! Thx to @Allfun for the recommendation. Did not disappoint. I should have gone to them in the first place.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Showed up to my online appointment this morning. Everything is fixed in the afternoon. I live 20miles away and they even gave me free Uber rides. Highly recommend! Thx to @Allfun for the recommendation. Did not disappoint. I should have gone to them in the first place.
:jawdrop:

That’s incredible, I’m going to have to set something up with them. Thanks for the report.

OP
OP

aaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
:jawdrop:

That’s incredible, I’m going to have to set something up with them. Thanks for the report.
I would to recommend to just make online morning appointment on a weekday and show up. I called before and got scheduled for Feb. From my past experience with other dealers, some senior techs don’t work on weekends and they only do routine services.
Sponsored

Reactions: Fly