First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recently transferred my reservation to another dealer who will accept invoice for Bronco WT and accessories. The previous dealer didn’t get the message and sent an email to me discussing the reservation time in December and the deposit. I laughed when their request was a $2000.00
deposit. Have you received an email from your reservation dealer with a stated deposit dollar amount ?
Update (11/14) to this post: To be clear I know a deposit is requested. Ford Motor Company told me a deposit of $500 will likely be the amount. That is why when my previous reservation dealer requested a $2K deposit not knowing I left them earlier due to them wanting MSRP for the Bronco.
I am just asking others what Dollar amount their dealers are requesting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently transferred my reservation to another dealer who will except invoice for Bronco WT and accessories. The previous dealer didn’t get the message and sent an email to me discussing the reservation time in December and the deposit. I laughed when their request was a $2000.00
deposit. Have you received an email from your reservation dealer with a stated deposit dollar amount ?
I have the normal $100 reservation and, I know that once the order is placed my dealer is asking for another $900 in to show a real commitment cause Ford is trying to prevent fraudulent orders (employees ordering just to cancel so they have lot stock) and counts each order that isn't fulfilled against the dealership and could investigate them. I was promised that I could get the full $1000 refunded if necessary and I wasn't going to go through with the purchase. Again, this is only being asked of anyone turning their reservation into an order once they start placing those orders.

Last edited:

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How could you not expect a deposit at order? Have you ever ordered a new vehicle before? Ever dealer wants money when you place an order on a $60k new vehicle. I’m putting down 5k why not it’s all going toward the thing anyways. If you want something new and rare put skin in the game. If you don’t want to step aside wait for a 2022 and let us get the 2021s.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$1k is reasonable as long as its refundable and goes towards the purchase price ... nobody wants to waste anyone's time. That's how you weed out the men from the boys ...

Rickperry

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bdusa.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 SAS Badlands / 2022 BaseSAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's the deposit itself, but the amount that is a bit much. $2000 is steep for a (non-ford performance) vehicle with a base price of $28.5K. To put it in perspective, a 2020 G63 deposit is $2,500, for a relatively new and rare $175K MSRP vehicle that sells like hotcakes. (30-50K over MSRP if you find one on the lot). I do agree something closer to $1000 is fair.

That being said, the ball is in the dealers court. They can choose whatever dollar amount to preserve their allocation. In 2018, a smaller dealer wanted $5k deposit for a raptor and we almost walked away from that just on principle...almost.

Sponsored

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 grand is not practical for a vehicle you won't see for 6 - 12 months.

Nobody's saying an additional deposit isn't expected around the 500-1,000 dollar range.

Last edited:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently transferred my reservation to another dealer who will except invoice for Bronco WT and accessories. The previous dealer didn’t get the message and sent an email to me discussing the reservation time in December and the deposit. I laughed when their request was a $2000.00
Got an email from my Dealer today. They will not charge an additional deposit above the $100.00 reservation deposit. Which is a welcome surprise, since they had previously said they would charge an additional $500.00 deposit. Not a big deal, but I'm very happy with my Dealer. I just hope ordering goes smoothly without any issues. My Dealer wants my B&P Build emailed to them so they can place the order. Because they say the numbers of reservations they have will be difficult to process? They haven't said it, but I'm sure COVID has a lot to do with it. California is crazy with COVID restrictions. Can't wait to retire and get out of this Damn State! There will be enough time to catch and correct any mistakes, or make changes. But I'd rather be at the Dealership placing the order with them.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had factory ordered a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for about $56K couple years ago when it first came out and I only paid $500 deposit (Refundable if it didn't meet my expectations).
Needless to say after less than a year I got rid of the Jeep due to bad frame welds that weren't obvious at the time until many others started complaining on a forum.
Anyways, my order only took about 4 weeks to arrive, so for Bronco I would not pay more than $500 when you're not even going to see the vehicle no sooner than six months.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How could you not expect a deposit at order? Have you ever ordered a new vehicle before? Ever dealer wants money when you place an order on a $60k new vehicle. I’m putting down 5k why not it’s all going toward the thing anyways. If you want something new and rare put skin in the game. If you don’t want to step aside wait for a 2022 and let us get the 2021s.
I've ordered several vehicles including a Raptor and my dealer didn't ask for any deposit.

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 grand is not practical for a vehicle you won't see for 6 - 12 months.

Nobody's saying an additional deposit isn't expected around the 500-1,000 dollar range.
Agreed and 6-12 months if you're lucky. They need a good faith deposit and $2K is too much in my opinion.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Invoice pricing is a pretty good deal. I received an auto generated email several times that said to do B&P and call them immediately, Broncos are first come first serve. But no mention of a deposit.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is asking for $400 ($500 total w/$100 initial deposit). I mentioned other dealers were not requiring it and they waived it. I also mentioned my last 6 vehicles that I bought or leased ??

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope I buy and sell morn cars then most dealers. I just value the understanding of commitment. As far as deposit I’ll give what ever they want as long as I’m not charged for any BS over msrp. No vin on glass bs or extra charges. I’ve already talked with my dealer and I’m one of the first 5 slotted and they are a big dealer. I just want mine ASAP and a deposit isn’t going to make that change.
All these different posts about people shocked they need to put money down on a vehicle that is in high demand makes me laugh every time. I get it if it’s an extra charge, no one wants to pay that, but these are deposits

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s bizarre that you would let someone else use your money for that long before purchase. To each his own, but I wouldn’t do it on principle. $5k? I’d tell him to get lost. I’ll use that money however I want until the truck arrives...
Sponsored