First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I took my 2 Door with MIC 2.0 to the dealer because I knew there was a TSB for the leaking roof and it had leaked, They came back and said they couldn't detect a leak, so they can't do the TSB work. It rarely rains in SoCal, and my truck sits on a steep driveway at an angle. Are dealers obligated to do TSB work, even if they cant replicate the issue? I was surprised that the 2.0 roofs were leaking after sitting all that time being "fixed"
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm thats concerning. I took mine in 2 weeks ago for this.

It hasn't rained in a month but they were able to confirm that it was leaking. Ordered parts and they are working on the fix now.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They were able to replicate mine and replaced the header seal.... It no longer leaks in the middle but still does in the same spot as yours. Some observations as it's currently raining in KY. Take it through a touch-free car wash, it don't leak. If I park on a level surface, it don't leak. If I park on an incline with the front facing up, it always leaks. If I back in and park with the front facing down it does not leak.

DanR

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealers are not required to perform tsb or ssm work unless they can replicate the concern. The only work that usually doesn't require replication is recalls. It's best if you can give all information on how you saw the concern, like the incline parking and stuff. Water leaks are difficult to confirm, but an exact area it was intruding from could help as well

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Still dealing with this leaking roof/A-pillar issue on my hard top since I took delivery in Nov 2021, my Bronco has been at the dealership for a month with no ETA in sight...
Dealer has performed TSB 3 times and still leaks...

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya I don’t get it. If it rains hard for 20 min I get leaks. If the dealer puts in through a car wash it doesn’t.
Dealer told me if they can’t replicate the issue I am on the hook to pay the dealer for their time. I haven’t wanted to go back since.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar situation with ours, park nose down usually not an issue. Just every now and then with the right rain and the right wind she'll fill the A-Pillar and it pours out the drivers side.

Mines a '22 so not TSB eligible but it sure does leak like it would apply.

At some point when it bothers me enough I'll pull the seal myself and have a go with some RTV, basically that's what the TSB is anyway.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having worked at a dealership for many years, I can say the reality is that they're not bound to perform TSB work unless the concern is verified.

If you think about it, this is a smaller scale of ... Hey, I know there's a TSB about 2.7l dropping valves due to failing keepers... please replace my engine.

The cost of performing TSB work on un-verified issues would be enormous.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Ford Motor Company Still dealing with this leaking roof/A-pillar issue on my hard top since I took delivery in Nov 2021, my Bronco has been at the dealership for a month with no ETA in sight...
Dealer has performed TSB 3 times and still leaks...
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
You’ll never reply but we appreciate you trying to save face.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The TSB is for the front seal. We've had rains hell wouldn't have over the past month and mine leaked too. The air bag is in that area so I don't understand why the dealer would decide not to do it if the customer's concern fit the TSB. No sense getting picky in a situation like this where water intrusion is in the immediate area of a restraint system. Not worth the conversation and don't think Ford would give them any grief about performing the repair without technician verification in this case.

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hah, yeah I did that but no help at all, your customer service agent that was assigned to my case is lacking and advising the technicians to perform a door and window alignment??? What kind of solution is that, the dealer did perform with not surprising results… Still leaks!! They then said try to find a like vehicle from same date to try on, how do suppose they find one if there aren’t any vehicles on their lot or willing customers to have their vehicle taken apart so they can try it on mine??? How long do you expect us to wait for a “like” vehicle to show up?? Another month?? Still no ETA, just recall the whole hard top and replace it, I absolutely have a faulty one. This is BS, why don’t you guys take some actual productive measures to get this resolved, you guys are probably going to have a lawsuit if these issues are more common.

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ps check your messages still same vin same case same no resolve, feels like my car has been held hostage at the dealership for over 2 months with a case manager who is incapable of offering any real help, @Ford Motor Company you need to make this right!for $64k I didn’t expect my bronco to be sitting unresolved for over 60 days… what else bs “solutions” must you need to “try”before actually replacing the whole top??

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got mine in the shop for this TSB as well, they said they were going to leave it in the car wash for 30 minutes to try to replicate the issue. Don't have much rain here either so the only time I've seen it is at the car wash.

My dealer straight up said just because there's a TSB doesn't mean we just do it, they will need to replicate the issue before performing the TSB. Seems logical enough to me. I am in IT...troubleshooting can be a bitch sometimes.